The Student Room Group
University of Manchester
University of Manchester
Manchester

Scroll to see replies

Original post by angelonm
I've applied for neuroscience and french :smile:

that is awesome! I have a friend interested in neuroscience but she's applying for medicine at the moment.
University of Manchester
University of Manchester
Manchester
Reply 901
Original post by harrietmcg
nice, I haven't quite decided yet but its between Manchester and Birmingham. Think I will put Newcastle as my insurance.

It is so difficult trying to decide. Have you had a chance to visit both unis yet?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 902
Original post by pepperonipizza
I also have an interview tomorrow and in the email I received it said the dress code was informal however I'm going to go for more of a smart casual approach. The dress code may be different for your course, if they didn't specify in the email I would go for a smartish look!

thanks so much!
Original post by Teeahz
It is so difficult trying to decide. Have you had a chance to visit both unis yet?

Posted from TSR Mobile

I visited Manchester on an open day in August then went to Birmingham and just walked around the main university area, but I didn't organise a tour or anything. My mum loved Birmingham, but she thinks its weird Manchester don't have Wifi in most of their first year accommodation.
Not visited Newcastle but know a lot of people there who like it :smile:
Anyone got an offer after a bad interview?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Hi ! :smile:

Received an offer for Sociology and Social anthropology (yay!) but I haven't been invited for an interview? :frown: Do all courses interview applicants or is it just a select few?! I know my friend was interviewed for neuroscience (at Manchester) before she got an offer...
Original post by Thrdculturekid97
Hi ! :smile:

Received an offer for Sociology and Social anthropology (yay!) but I haven't been invited for an interview? :frown: Do all courses interview applicants or is it just a select few?! I know my friend was interviewed for neuroscience (at Manchester) before she got an offer...

Congratulations!

I got an offer for Computer Science without an interview (I am an International Applicant though).

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Jitesh07
Congratulations!

I got an offer for Computer Science without an interview (I am an International Applicant though).

Posted from TSR Mobile

Thanks! :smile:

Thats cool where are you from? Do you know if I'll get an interview?
Reply 908
Hi does anyone know what pharmacy questions come up for the interview?

Thanks
I have an offer for Social Anthropology and Sociology. I have no idea whether I will be confirming the offer yet. The course looks really good on their website but I haven't visited the uni yet! Anyone know when they will contact us about offer-holders days?
Original post by GrahamTheCat
I have an offer for Social Anthropology and Sociology. I have no idea whether I will be confirming the offer yet. The course looks really good on their website but I haven't visited the uni yet! Anyone know when they will contact us about offer-holders days?

I got an email probably about two weeks after my offer informing me about a visit day for offer holders, but that was for English, could vary between departments.
Original post by TwoLimes
I got an email probably about two weeks after my offer informing me about a visit day for offer holders, but that was for English, could vary between departments.

Oh, right. :s-smilie: I have just emailed the social science department so hopefully they will let me know soon.
I have an interview, but i read on other forums that an interview is also an offer? Is that true?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Thrdculturekid97
Thanks! :smile:

Thats cool where are you from? Do you know if I'll get an interview?

I am from India. I really don't know anything about their interviews and all. All the best though! 😊

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by rachlutz
Ah well done woop what course? and German and english:smile:

Linguistics! Where else have you applied?
Reply 915
Got an offer for History & Sociology!! :ahee: Just waiting for them to get back to me on the History course:s-smilie: (applied for two courses at Manchester because I'm desperate to go:colondollar:
)
Posted from TSR Mobile
I'm an unconditional offer holder for Ancient History. I woke up today to an email congratulating me and inviting me to an open day. I'm international, so going is too expensive. I'm waiting on one more uni response, but I'm 99% sure I'll go with Manchester.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Gaby.
Got an offer for History & Sociology!! :ahee: Just waiting for them to get back to me on the History course:s-smilie: (applied for two courses at Manchester because I'm desperate to go:colondollar:
)
Posted from TSR Mobile

Hahaha congratulations!!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 918
Hahaha congratulations!!

Posted from TSR Mobile

Posted from TSR Mobile
I am from India. I really don't know anything about their interviews and all. All the best though! ������

Posted from TSR Mobile

Your English is really good! No worries, thanks anyways. Best of luck to you too :smile:

Latest