The Student Room Group

Speech & Language Therapy 2015

Scroll to see replies

Reply 540
I've been told that at Manchester Met, if you're successful, then you have to complete a written interview. What is involved in a written interview exactly?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Oaisy
I've been told that at Manchester Met, if you're successful, then you have to complete a written interview. What is involved in a written interview exactly?

Posted from TSR Mobile

It's written interviews at most isn't it? Don't think you are supposed to discuss the actual content but it is not a maths/English exam so don't worry too much about it.
Original post by Federzoni
Just received my questionnaire from Reading :biggrin: xxx

do they email you the questionnaire or is it through the post?
Original post by AmyPilot

Must stop stalking this thread .....

so true!

Well done everyone so far, just keep calm and you'll get there!

Still no Strathy applicants it appears :frown:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 544
My application was sent off last Friday, applied to BCU, MMU, City University London, Reading, and University of Manchester. Just waiting for an update on track, whatever it may be....:redface:
Original post by Oaisy

Posted from TSR Mobile

I have a written interview at Manchester Met and I am confused by the written interview as well :/ do you have an interview there too? if so, when?
Reply 546
I don't think you have both a face to face and written, I think it's just a written. I'm confused as to whether it's a piece of writing about the subject itself, to assess your knowledge or something, or about you personally.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 547
I realise that no one can discuss the content, that would be cheating. And I realise that it isn't a Maths or English test. What I meant was is it a series of questions or one big question. Guess I'll just have to wait and see. If I get to the interviewing stage of course.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 548
Think I posted that in the wrong bit. I meant it in response to the first reply of my original post. Which I think I posted twice. I struggle with technology slightly.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Oaisy
I realise that no one can discuss the content, that would be cheating. And I realise that it isn't a Maths or English test. What I meant was is it a series of questions or one big question. Guess I'll just have to wait and see. If I get to the interviewing stage of course.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Its a set of questions - at least it was last year - not one big one
Reply 550
Hello! I am also applying for Speech and language therapy for 2015. I am applying to De Montfort, Reading, Cardiff met, UEA and St Marks and St johns. I have filled in and sent the Reading questionnaire, have an interview in January for Marjon and had my East Anglia interview yesterday!! I haven't heard from De Montfort or Cardiff met yet though.
Just came back from my mmu interview, it was different than I thought but not as hard as I thought. Good luck to all those that were there, I checked last year's thread and those who had an interview at mmu on 4th Dec received decisions on 6th Jan. So that should give us an idea of when we will hear back! Hehe
Original post by nesca89
Just came back from my mmu interview, it was different than I thought but not as hard as I thought. Good luck to all those that were there, I checked last year's thread and those who had an interview at mmu on 4th Dec received decisions on 6th Jan. So that should give us an idea of when we will hear back! Hehe

do you still like it though? how was it different?
Hi all, I'm still really stuck on my personal statement. Does anyone have any hints or where can I find examples other than the ones on this site? The thing is I'm pretty sure I'm not supposed to just list my experience and skills but I'm not sure how to put into words what I've learned. I need a person spec so I know what points to cover!
I'm also worried I haven't shadowed an slt. I have over a year's relevant experience, have a relevant job now, other volunteering with several different service user groups, PECS and Makaton training. I have a fairly relevant degree, not sure if that helps or makes it worse. No work experience in hospitals and none with young children.
As I'm writing this I feel I have no chance... am I right?
Original post by AmyPilot
do you still like it though? how was it different?

I like the uni yes, it was just different because the questions weren't what I expected. But I was able to complete them.... Commence the waiting game haha
Original post by nesca89
I like the uni yes, it was just different because the questions weren't what I expected. But I was able to complete them.... Commence the waiting game haha

were the questions were really hard?
Reply 556
No, I don't think you need to worry. I'm currently doing a degree in English Language and TESOL and have been told that it works in my favour, but have no where near as much experience with you. Reading your post has really worried me actually! If you can't write down what you've learnt then I'd be a little worried if I were you.. I think they're mainly looking for an understanding of the role and concepts so as long as you can write about that you should be okay. Where have you applied to? Post or undergrad?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by giteena_v
were the questions were really hard?

No no they weren't hard, just not what I imagined
Reply 558
Original post by eskimok1
Just got an offer from reading ahhh

Congratulations! When did they send you the questionnaire? You must be so excited!! :biggrin:
Original post by nesca89
No no they weren't hard, just not what I imagined

aww im guessing it's going to be the same for me as well :frown:
im worried, i have my first ever interview at mmu :/ so i have no idea what to expect.
But i hope you did well and wish you the best :smile: xx

Quick Reply

Latest