The Student Room Group

So she just dumped her boyfriend and now seems to be talking to me alot more?

So theres this girl in my sixth form who had a boyfriend since september essentially,they broke up last week by mutual agreement apparently and this week shes been talking to me alot more? Dont get me wrong I dont find her ugly(i think shes above average in the looks department) but I have a feeling shes damaged goods and may be slightly aiming for a potential rebound attempt? I mean ive been told im a nice guy and "good youth"(a good person) by alot of people at my 6th form but does this mean anything? Shes been talking to me alot more...

I dont mind playing advice giver since i think shes damaged goods atm considering shes just broke up but its weird....
I think she treats you more like an agony uncle
Reply 2
What makes you think that?

when i mean talking more to me shes trying to make convo sometimes on my way to class and she tried make a joke and say "wassup my man?" which is weird since i dont really talk to her much- maybe shes being overley friendly?
Reply 3
Original post by shawn_o1
I think she treats you more like an agony uncle

What makes you think that?

when i mean talking more to me shes trying to make convo sometimes on my way to class and she tried make a joke and say "wassup my man?" which is weird since i dont really talk to her much- maybe shes being overley friendly?
Reply 4
Shes fairly passionate and tends to be overexcited at times...
Come on man! Don't refer to a woman as damaged goods. What is wrong with you?

As said above, she needs someone to talk to. Talking is her coping mechanism for getting over her ex.

Never mind about this whole 'nice guy' 'good youth' she's just fresh out of a relationship so you being amazing means nothing right now.

Don't read too much into every little thing, just take it easy, help her out where you can (if you want to).
Sounds like she's just being friendly just go with it if it leads anywhere then so much the better.
Reply 7
Original post by DorianGrayism
You have a damaged brain.

how does this answer my question?
Reply 8
Original post by MaseratiJay
Come on man! Don't refer to a woman as damaged goods. What is wrong with you?

As said above, she needs someone to talk to. Talking is her coping mechanism for getting over her ex.

Never mind about this whole 'nice guy' 'good youth' she's just fresh out of a relationship so you being amazing means nothing right now.

Don't read too much into every little thing, just take it easy, help her out where you can (if you want to).

didnt mean it in an offencive way but i fear for her in the sense that i feel that if she was to get with someone it wouldnt go well since ive heard from ppl in her class that her grades arent xactly the best...dont get me wrong shes nice but i know too many ppl in her situation who have rushed back into dating and come out hurt again...
Why not get to know her more, she may be over the break up already who knows?
Original post by Anonymous
didnt mean it in an offencive way but i fear for her in the sense that i feel that if she was to get with someone it wouldnt go well since ive heard from ppl in her class that her grades arent xactly the best...dont get me wrong shes nice but i know too many ppl in her situation who have rushed back into dating and come out hurt again...

What have her grades got to do with this looool
''Damaged goods'' wow.
Reply 12
I suppose she just feels like she's free to speak to whoever she wants and say whatever she wants since she's now single

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Anonymous

I'm going to be honest with you man, it will always come across as offensive because it isn't exactly a nice way of putting things.

I don't get it, is she too stupid for you? Or are you saying that she will be asking you for help all the time or?

I think what you need to do is just calm down, like take life in your stride man. She is probably just getting on with life, I think you need to as well.

Don't worry about what she is or isn't doing, just focus on you as you were before she was single.
probably shes really hurt and needs someone to hear her out. pls being dumped b da guy u like I pretty painful. I understand y feel a bit weird but u knoe there could other reason :smile:
After a break-up, people have lost a major pillar of their support system. Sometimes we will replace this missing support by talking more to other people, even if we aren't really interested in them. If she's still talking to you in a month, then you're probably hot-to-trot, but the likelihood is that she'll rebound into someone else and you won't hear from her for a while.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending