The Student Room Group

Cambridge Medicine applicants 2015

Scroll to see replies

Reply 480
What is the lowest BMAT score of an applicant who was accepted into Cambridge medicine last year?
Original post by bd fan1
I've got an interview even though I got 4.4, 5.1 and 2.5A.

Lol are they taking the piss. Should I even take the interview seriously?!

Is there much chance of actually getting an offer. I think I've heard somewhere that my college (and others) set their interview schedule before they see BMAT results so does that mean I'll just get rejected straight after the interview. If that's the case then maybe I should not bother even preparing...

My most relevant 3 UMS average is: 97.4% and my GCSE's are: 9A*s 1A

Original post by bd fan1
What is the lowest BMAT score of an applicant who was accepted into Cambridge medicine last year?

Which college is that?
Well, you have amazing UMS and GCSE so you deserve it!
Reply 482
Original post by DCMed96
Which college is that?
Well, you have amazing UMS and GCSE so you deserve it!

Magdalene
Original post by bd fan1
Magdalene

Should be fine. when is ur interview
Reply 484
Original post by DCMed96
Should be fine. when is ur interview

Next monday, I only got the interview invite 2 days ago, so not much time to prepare.

Has anyone in the history of cambridge ever got an offer with a bmat as low as mine?
Original post by bd fan1
Next monday, I only got the interview invite 2 days ago, so not much time to prepare.

Has anyone in the history of cambridge ever got an offer with a bmat as low as mine?

I think so, if you go back a few pages you should be able to find offer holders' stats in Master219's post. I think I definitely saw people with 3's and 4's that got offers.
They *might* ask you about the BMAT though

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by RainbowVeins
I think so, if you go back a few pages you should be able to find offer holders' stats in Master219's post. I think I definitely saw people with 3's and 4's that got offers.
They *might* ask you about the BMAT though

Posted from TSR Mobile

long old history i assume :smile:
Original post by DCMed96
long old history i assume :smile:

Oh yes of course :wink:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by bd fan1
I've got an interview even though I got 4.4, 5.1 and 2.5A.

Lol are they taking the piss. Should I even take the interview seriously?!

Is there much chance of actually getting an offer. I think I've heard somewhere that my college (and others) set their interview schedule before they see BMAT results so does that mean I'll just get rejected straight after the interview. If that's the case then maybe I should not bother even preparing...

My most relevant 3 UMS average is: 97.4% and my GCSE's are: 9A*s 1A

Don't lose faith :smile: anyone can have an off day and I'm sure they know that... GCSES and a UMS score like yours takes many months and months of work, which can easily make up for an average BMAT score! A good interview score could increase your chances of getting in too...which will decrease exponentially if you don't try!
I'll keep my fingers crossed for you :smile:
Reply 489
Original post by Elishaclark2
Don't lose faith :smile: anyone can have an off day and I'm sure they know that... GCSES and a UMS score like yours takes many months and months of work, which can easily make up for an average BMAT score! A good interview score could increase your chances of getting in too...which will decrease exponentially if you don't try!

Hey! How formal will you be going for your med interview at St John's?
Should I go in a suit?
Reply 490
If I have 10A* GCSE, 99.4% average UMS and 5.7 6.9 4A in BMAT how well would I need to do at interview? (applied to Christ's)
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by a123a
Hey! How formal will you be going for your med interview at St John's?
Should I go in a suit?

Hi! Well, at both interviews I've been to so far, every guy was wearing a suit, so I would say yes to be on the safe side :smile: I will be wearing a formal dress and blazer I think. When is your interview? Mine is on Monday, so I'm more than happy to report back to you on the sort of dress code I saw if yours is later in the week :smile:
Reply 492
Hi! Well, at both interviews I've been to so far, every guy was wearing a suit, so I would say yes to be on the safe side :smile: I will be wearing a formal dress and blazer I think. When is your interview? Mine is on Monday, so I'm more than happy to report back to you on the sort of dress code I saw if yours is later in the week :smile:

Mines on Wednesday. That would be great thank you!

I wore a suit for my Birmingham interview but apparently Cambridge said it doesn't matter if your in something that you feel comfortable in. Otherwise I was going to dress a very smart casual; like black trousers & shoes with a shirt and jumper. Do you think this would be a sensible substitute?

Oh yeah good luck for your interview!
Reply 493

Thanks that's really nice of you :smile:
Must remember that people on this thread are the best of the best... must remember that people on this thread are the best of the best... must remember that people on this thread are the best of the best...
On my interview invitation it specifies all my interview as "subject". Does it mean that there will be no General questions like "why medicine" etc. ?
Reply 496
I have an interview at Clare College but the email said "Dress for your interviews should be informal but tidy. Please do not go out and buy a suit for the occasion!" - What exactly does this mean?! xD It's like saying "Smart Casual"... So much variation >.<
Original post by piofernix
On my interview invitation it specifies all my interview as "subject". Does it mean that there will be no General questions like "why medicine" etc. ?

I don't know for sure, but I think it would be wise to be prepared for questions such as "why medicine?" also.
Original post by cwi111
I have an interview at Clare College but the email said "Dress for your interviews should be informal but tidy. Please do not go out and buy a suit for the occasion!" - What exactly does this mean?! xD It's like saying "Smart Casual"... So much variation >.<

If you have a suit, there's no harm in wearing it, but you don't need to buy one. For men, smart trousers, a smart shirt, jumper/jacket and maybe a tie is fine.
I have scoured the internet for previous med applicants to cambridge and what their interviews were REALLY like but have found next to nothing. Anyone found any anecdotal evidence of questions/interview experience etc.? Not surely what to expect :s-smilie:

Also, how much time should I expect to be spent on discussing work experience?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending