The Student Room Group

What is something that is known to your gender but not the other?

Scroll to see replies

Original post by superduperweirdo
Guys : Is it true that getting kneed in the balls is as painful as the movies make it seem ?

Movies have added drama for effect. It is painful, but it only lasts a few minutes so it's easy enough to get over. Of course, many people have different pain thresh-holds, so even though the pain doesn't last long, for some it may be more intense than for others.
I suppose my only complaint is trying to work out an escape route for days when sanitary wear needs to be changed. Depending on how heavy a period is, that can be quite often and there really aren't enough gaps in the school day when you're in lower school to make that easy. Also, the toilets are often completely filled because girls need the loo way more often, or to put make-up on, I don't care why, really. Then there's the fun of realising you've started your period in lessons (worst feeling in the world anyway, let alone when you're sitting there in class) and having to work out how to get out of the lesson and to the toilets with a tampon without alerting anyone.
Or is that just me? Might just be me.
Original post by emtheelf
I suppose my only complaint is trying to work out an escape route for days when sanitary wear needs to be changed. Depending on how heavy a period is, that can be quite often and there really aren't enough gaps in the school day when you're in lower school to make that easy. Also, the toilets are often completely filled because girls need the loo way more often, or to put make-up on, I don't care why, really. Then there's the fun of realising you've started your period in lessons (worst feeling in the world anyway, let alone when you're sitting there in class) and having to work out how to get out of the lesson and to the toilets with a tampon without alerting anyone.

There's a reason most guys don't know that...
un-noticeably men tend to get more headaches...
Original post by TheBBQ
Quite clearly we do :u:

It is not clear to me at all, sir.

I get you, sister.

Boys, this is why we are secretive. So you WANT to know things like this? No? Then don't ask!
Original post by superduperweirdo
Guys : Is it true that getting kneed in the balls is as painful as the movies make it seem ?

Yes

Original post by CescaD96
It is not clear to me at all, sir.

Well.. I guess you may never know since you are not a guy :console:
Original post by Foozzzaaarrd
There's a reason most guys don't know that...

Just like there's a reason most girls didn't know urinal etiquette. Everyone seemed pretty surprised girls didn't want to share so there we go, I shared. Is everyone sufficiently awkward now?
I get you, sister.

Boys, this is why we are secretive. So you WANT to know things like this? No? Then don't ask!

I still love how periods are some taboo subject. I mean, I don't tend to talk about them with girls but that's because there's no point, we tend to go to each other when in need but we understand. Then it's brought up with guys around and everyone seems to freak out a little (in my personal experience, anyway) when it seems to be just as natural as whether or not getting kicked in the balls hurts or not...
I still love how periods are some taboo subject. I mean, I don't tend to talk about them with girls but that's because there's no point, we tend to go to each other when in need but we understand. Then it's brought up with guys around and everyone seems to freak out a little (in my personal experience, anyway) when it seems to be just as natural as whether or not getting kicked in the balls hurts or not...

I know. I don't discuss it either with my friends, but boys freak out like nothing ordinary!
Original post by TheBBQ

Well.. I guess you may never know since you are not a guy :console:

I'm damn happy I'm a girl. Woman power and all that shizz!
Boys will never understand us ladies. We're complicated, brilliant people.

Girls will never understand us men. We're complicated, brilliant people
I know. I don't discuss it either with my friends, but boys freak out like nothing ordinary!

How old are they?
Girls LOVE to screenshot and send every conversation they have to their friends. Then have a lengthy discussion about what it meant. Maybe its just my friends!
I'm damn happy I'm a girl. Woman power and all that shizz!

Forget that :tongue:
Original post by AdamCee

Girls are amazing, brilliant, clever people. Boys are no competition for us.
Girls are amazing, brilliant, clever people. Boys are no competition for us.

What makes you say that?
Original post by TheBBQ
So you would gladly read our secrets but not divulge any in return? :colonhash:

Well... Yes. You should think twice about letting us see them. :colonhash:

:tongue:

Original post by AdamCee

Preach it sister! :rofl:
Original post by ChaoticButterfly
How old are they?

I have 4 best friends; 2 are girls, and we occasionally discuss it. The other 2 are boys, obviously, one 17, one 18, and both squirm at the thought of periods.
I have 4 best friends; 2 are girls, and we occasionally discuss it. The other 2 are boys, obviously, one 17, one 18, and both squirm at the thought of periods.

Maybe they will grow out of it? :dontknow:

It's strange, normally guys are quite happy talking and joking about embarrassing bodily functions. But for some reason when it comes to periods the opposite occurs :tongue:

Quick Reply

Latest