The Student Room Group

What's Worse: A Bad Winner or A Bad Loser?

Poll

What's Worse: A Bad Winner or A Bad Loser?

Just as the title says, which do you think is worse and why?
That's certainly a tough one, but I'll go for Bad Loser because there's a greater chance they'll get violent, hit you, insult you whereas a bad winner is more likely to just be really smug and rub it in your face.
Original post by Evening
Just as the title says, which do you think is worse and why?

They're both a general nope in a person's personality. It just comes down to not being a dick.
Reply 3
Isn't bad winner a contradiction? After all I did win bahaha loser.
Reply 4
Bad Winner.

In a way I can empathise with a bad loser. Losing never feels good, and getting worked up about it just shows the passion you had towards winning. But I still think that they're are being a prat. Whereas a bad winner has got what he or she wanted and is just smug about it and rubs it in, regardless of the behaviour of the loser. Not very British in my opinion. If someone is being a bad winner, be humble in defeat. If someone is a bad loser, be humble in victory. Either way be humble and show humility.
Reply 5
Original post by Plantagenet Crown
That's certainly a tough one, but I'll go for Bad Loser because there's a greater chance they'll get violent, hit you, insult you whereas a bad winner is more likely to just be really smug and rub it in your face.

Isn't that a cause to hit someone?
Original post by Evening
Isn't that a cause to hit someone?

I've never seen someone hit someone else purely because of winning....
Reply 7
Original post by Plantagenet Crown
I've never seen someone hit someone else purely because of winning....

Yeah but rubbing it in somebody's face surely merits a punch?
Original post by Swanbow
Bad Winner.

In a way I can empathise with a bad loser. Losing never feels good, and getting worked up about it just shows the passion you had towards winning. But I still think that they're are being a prat. Whereas a bad winner has got what he or she wanted and is just smug about it and rubs it in, regardless of the behaviour of the loser. Not very British in my opinion. If someone is being a bad winner, be humble in defeat. If someone is a bad loser, be humble in victory. Either way be humble and show humility.

This is what I was thinking. Neither is excusable, but you can at least understand why the loser might feel upset at all of their effort having been fruitless. The winner doesn't even have that reason.

Quick Reply

Latest