The Student Room Group

Proof that women CAN rape men.

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Joshale
no, she was some ugly girl, my mates thought I was on something when I was with her, turns out I probably was and they should of got me away smh

That's shocking, spiking a drink is a serious crime, did you call the police or anything?
Original post by eelnais
So in English law, not rape.

This should be changed, however.

Yeah, I just looked it up, I must have misread somewhere :cry2:

I'm glad you agree :smile:
Can animals rape :bandit:
Original post by R Dragon
Can animals rape :bandit:

What's this got to do with anything?
Original post by Schrödingers Cat
What's this got to do with anything?

Well, since we're on the subject of rape... I thought it was a good point to bring up~
That's shocking, spiking a drink is a serious crime, did you call the police or anything?

there wasn't really any evidence of it though, but I know drunk or not I wouldn't of got with this girl, police wouldn't take it seriously and I don't really care either as we didn't go back to hers or mine anyway
Original post by Joshale
there wasn't really any evidence of it though, but I know drunk or not I wouldn't of got with this girl, police wouldn't take it seriously and I don't really care either as we didn't go back to hers or mine anyway

Fair enough, shame she was ugly :/
Well, since we're on the subject of rape... I thought it was a good point to bring up~

Fair enough, it is an interesting point actually.

Lmao I just found this video of a dolphin trying to rape a woman:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LvpJdNiqZJc

Apparently dolphins also rape female dolphins :s
Fair enough, it is an interesting point actually.

Lmao I just found this video of a dolphin trying to rape a woman:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LvpJdNiqZJc

Apparently dolphins also rape female dolphins :s

HAHAH omg that video made me so uncomfortable xD

Wait... how did you find that video? O_O

But doesn't rape happen ALL the time in nature? :P For instance, the alpha male in ape families is the only one who gets access to the females... They don't have a say :frown:
HAHAH omg that video made me so uncomfortable xD

Wait... how did you find that video? O_O

But doesn't rape happen ALL the time in nature? :P For instance, the alpha male in ape families is the only one who gets access to the females... They don't have a say :frown:

I have my sources :ninja:

To animals there is no such thing as rape, it's just their instinct to preserve their genetic line and reproduce
I have my sources :ninja:

To animals there is no such thing as rape, it's just their instinct to preserve their genetic line and reproduce

Your sources are scary ;_;

Hmm... I think it's more than that >.> Because animals do have feelings D: What if the alpha male is ugly? What if it's too big?

Does rape happen within your species? (cat)
Legally in English law, only men can rape. Socially, men are shamed as not 'real men' for being raped, and it is eventually twisted into somehow their responsibility or gross neglect, as they are for DV. I look to feminism to change this, but I don't see much [sources challenging this assertion verily appreciated]

Gambit was not even trolling/miscing, this is the average view on the subject behind closed doors. It is of course now PC to pretend that men have feelings too blah blah but I have looked around the web and the odd noble feminist covering the male agenda gets destroyed, even by her own movement.
Whenever there is a case of a woman raping a man all you hear is ''oh but woman can't rape men'' or '' the law says woman legally can't rape men''

I'm fairly certain that if a woman inserts a penetrative object into a man without his consent this is legally rape.

It's not rape, it's assault by penetration.

When the law says that women can't rape, that is not a moral judgment; it is merely a description of the law as it has been written.
Original post by Smash Bandicoot
Legally in English law, only men can rape. Socially, men are shamed as not 'real men' for being raped, and it is eventually twisted into somehow their responsibility or gross neglect

Be that as it may, I don't see how that failing of society's approach to male victims of sexual assault and rape is in any way the fault of the law. The law does not say that because only men can rape, sexual assaults on men are not serious, it is simply descriptive of the physical character of the act (i.e. that rape must involve a penis penetrating the mouth, anus or vagina of the victim without consent)

Assault by penetration is treated the same as rape in terms of punishment (maximum sentence being imprisonment for life in both cases)

Gambit was not even trolling/miscing, this is the average view on the subject behind closed doors. It is of course now PC to pretend that men have feelings too blah blah but I have looked around the web and the odd noble feminist covering the male agenda gets destroyed, even by her own movement

It's not political correctness to say men have feelings. Men do have feelings
Your sources are scary ;_;

Hmm... I think it's more than that >.> Because animals do have feelings D: What if the alpha male is ugly? What if it's too big?

Does rape happen within your species? (cat)

Omg :rofl: Never heard of cat rape :tongue:

Animals don't view each other as ugly, they just see an animal who will either provide an offspring that will likely survive or not. Animals have feelings but instinct rules over feelings just like in humans :smile:
Original post by young_guns
Be that as it may, I don't see how that failing of society's approach to male victims of sexual assault and rape is in any way the fault of the law. The law does not say that because only men can rape, sexual assaults on men are not serious, it is simply descriptive of the physical character of the act (i.e. that rape must involve a penis penetrating the mouth, anus or vagina of the victim without consent)

Assault by penetration is treated the same as rape in terms of punishment (maximum sentence being imprisonment for life in both cases)

It's not political correctness to say men have feelings. Men do have feelings

You misunderstand me. The law would cover it to avoid a rebuke for discrimination laws. IRL, men would still be humiliated over the matter. I am on your side and completely disagree with it, just that's how I see things after too much time on the red pill
You misunderstand me. The law would cover it to avoid a rebuke for discrimination laws. IRL, men would still be humiliated over the matter. I am on your side and completely disagree with it, just that's how I see things after too much time on the red pill

I must confess I am misunderstanding you, I'm a bit confused.

What do you mean the law should cover it? What do you mean cover? Do you mean assault by penetration (i.e. if a woman forcibly penetrates a man with a sex toy) it should be called rape?

To be honest, I wouldn't be totally opposed to reclassifying an assault by penetration as a rape but it is not discriminatory as presently defined. Men do not suffer a loss of rights simply by dint of the fact that a woman who penetrated him non-consensually would be charged with assault by penetration rather than rape. The sentence the perpetrator could face is the same
According to Dictionary.com, there are multiple definitions for rape. However, the top two are as follows:

1) The unlawful compelling of a person through physical force or duress to have sexual intercourse.
2) Any act of sexual intercourse that is forced upon a person.

NB: no reference to sex or penis.

The Sexual Offences Act 2003 in English law needs revision, in my opinion. It shouldn't make sole reference to the penis, but to anything which is used to penetrate an unwilling victim. It needs a more sex-neutral understanding.
Reply 38
Legally in English law, only men can rape. Socially, men are shamed as not 'real men' for being raped, and it is eventually twisted into somehow their responsibility or gross neglect, as they are for DV. I look to feminism to change this, but I don't see much [sources challenging this assertion verily appreciated]

In English law women can be convicted of rape by means of 'joint enterprise', though they couldn't be convicted in the 'normal' sense (they can however be convicted of sexual assault which IIRC carries a shorter maximum sentence). In California, where - as far as I'm aware - the incident took place, the legal definition of rape is wider and more inclusive and so women can be convicted of rape.
Personally, I would recommend the following legal definition:
A person (A) commits an offence if:

They intentionally penetrate any of B's orifices with their penis or envelope B's penis with any of their orifices.

B does not consent.

A could not reasonably believe that B consented.

also: http://www.theguardian.com/commentisfree/2014/dec/02/shia-labeouf-sexual-violence-male-victims
(edited 9 years ago)
Omg :rofl: Never heard of cat rape :tongue:

Animals don't view each other as ugly, they just see an animal who will either provide an offspring that will likely survive or not. Animals have feelings but instinct rules over feelings just like in humans :smile:

Neither have I tbh xD

Hmm true~ Sometimes humans can be more animalistic than animals :P

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending