The Student Room Group
Graduation day, University of Glasgow
University of Glasgow
Visit website

PGDE 2015 intake

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
UCAS says this... since its through undergrad this year and not through Teacher Training, it will be the 15th of January at 6pm GMT by the looks of things. I can't see each course having a different closing date unless it's already closed.

Print page |

Close window

Deadlines for submitting your application
The application deadlines below specify the dates when we need to receive your application at UCAS. If you're applying through a school or college, they may set you an earlier deadline to allow time to check your application and complete your reference.

There are three application deadlines for courses through UCAS - 18:00 (UK time) on 15 October 2014, 15 January 2015 and 24 March 2015 - it is important to check the deadline for your chosen course(s).

Graduation day, University of Glasgow
University of Glasgow
Visit website
Hey folks, I'd love to join a FB group if someone has made one? Ally Macmillan

I've applied for Art and Design about 3 weeks ago or so and sitting twiddling my thumbs....STRESSING OUT! I know primary get their interview dates first but, i'm going to need them to hurry up ha ha.

Anyone else heard anything?
Has anyone heard back about Primary PGDE ?!

It's like watching paint dry .

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 23
I have heard nothing yet! Sent the unis my degree transcripts so hopefully hear soon! xx
Reply 24
Got an unsuccessful from Glasgow. Absolutely gutted. Immediately sent an email asking why as il not apply next yr if it's a uni degree problem xx :frown:
Original post by lawren14
Got an unsuccessful from Glasgow. Absolutely gutted. Immediately sent an email asking why as il not apply next yr if it's a uni degree problem xx :frown:

I'm sorry, that sucks. I got an unsuccessful for Edinburgh, still waiting for the other schools. You applying for primary or secondary? Did you apply for other schools?
Reply 26
Yea Glasgow Strathclyde and Aberdeen. Not got much hope for them Tbh. It was for secondary modern studies x
Original post by lawren14
Yea Glasgow Strathclyde and Aberdeen. Not got much hope for them Tbh. It was for secondary modern studies x

I hope they give you a decent answer. I'm waiting for more details of why I wasn't accepted for interview for Edinburgh. Initially they simply said 'didn't meet the grades' and thats either my degree or the fact I'm doing English now to meet the requirements. Sucks. There's still hope for the other schools for us both. Stay positive!!! What was your first degree in?
Reply 28
It shouldn't be ur english coz that wouldnt be fair considering u haven't sat it yet! Im sitting maths just now. Iv emailed Glasgow coz ucas didn't say anything other than unsuccessful. I counted my credits and I do meet the requirements. My degree is in social sciences x
I still haven't heard from Glasgow or Strathclyde but have an interview for UWS on 9th Jan. Super excited. I found out, and only because I called and called, that Edinburgh didn't give me an interview because my last year of university wasn't artsy enough. They told me They don't look at the first few year ( when we learn all the art techniques) but only the last year. Apparently mine wasn't good enough. So, you can imagine the fury that filled me.
Hey I've applied to PGDE for...
UWS for primary
Glasgow for primary
Edinburgh for primary
Glasgow for Modern Studies
Strath for Modern Studies.
I've heard absolutely nothing. No rejections and no invitations to interview. I'm proper panicking as I don't know whether to call the universities directly to ask them what the score
Is or wait until after the 15th?
Anyone in my boat or have calming words of wisdom?
Soph

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Sophieab25
Hey I've applied to PGDE for...
UWS for primary
Glasgow for primary
Edinburgh for primary
Glasgow for Modern Studies
Strath for Modern Studies.
I've heard absolutely nothing. No rejections and no invitations to interview. I'm proper panicking as I don't know whether to call the universities directly to ask them what the score
Is or wait until after the 15th?
Anyone in my boat or have calming words of wisdom?
Soph

Posted from TSR Mobile

Schools are on holiday until Monday and many won't reply for a few days. I'm still waiting to hear about Strathclyde and Glasgow. I wouldn't worry. Wait until the 7th or 8th and if nothing, just call and ask. Don't panic though.
Hey Sophie,

I've applied to primary at Edinburgh and at Strathclyde- haven't heard anything at all from either and I applied in late October. It's driving me crazy, I just want to know what's happening! It's horrible when you want something so badly. x

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 33
I've applied for Secondary Drama at Edinburgh and Aberdeen. I know no news can be good news, but still getting very nervous now. Good Luck everyone and hope you start hearing soon.
Reply 34
I heard bk from Aberdeen before Xmas about an interview! It's on the 28th! Xx
Just an update for anyone applying for ART & DESIGN PGDE - I had my UWS interview last week and it was really good. I mean, they were hard to read and quite brutal when looking over artwork but overall, easy enough. It was a group chat, one to one portfolio viewing and then interview. Interview was maybe 10 minutes.

I'm still waiting to hear back from Glasgow and Strathclyde. I was worried but all the other candidates I met hadn't heard either, makes me feel that bit better.

Hope everyone is doing well :-)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending