The Student Room Group

Ex IGNORED my Whatsapp Message. What to do?

So, I went to university in September and during this time, me and my boyfriend broke up. It was a bad break up, which involved a lot of arguing and pain. After a month of no contact, I started to miss him so, tonight, I sent him a friendly whatsapp message saying: "Hey, how are you?"

It's been over an hour now and he has not responded, I know he has read it from when he has last been seen online. I feel like a complete idiot now as I've been completely ignored by him. We were together for over two years (since I was 15, now I am 18) and he was my first boyfriend, first everything so he means a lot to me. I don't know if to just move on or to send another message. Please help :confused:

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Please help me, I can't figure it out.
Move on with your life maybe?
Reply 3
Original post by SomePaleChick
Move on with your life maybe?

I tried to but I still think about him a lot.
it ended for a reason, I think what will be will be and the sooner you focus on moving on and finding someone new the better

don't dwell on the past, it will only make you sad
Maybe he's too busy to reply back? Sometimes it takes me up to a week or two to reply back.
Reply 6
I am very sad right now.
Reply 7
Original post by IcEmAn911
Maybe he's too busy to reply back? Sometimes it takes me up to a week or two to reply back.

He usually replies instantly. I feel like such an idiot :frown:
WELL THAT WAS HELPFUL ^^^^^^ ROUND OF APPLAUSE PLEASE:yy:

Okay well think about it...If he wants to be a complete idiot and ignore you then you have to show him you don't care and you are moving on with your life(Which you are!). My best suggestion right now would be not to log on to whats app for a while and by 'while' I mean a couple of days to show that you have a life outside of your phone. Secondly, I would suggest you turn whats app last time logged in time off. This will help you not to be upset if he does log in tomorrow morning and still ignores you(but keep in mind if you turn your last logged in time off he can't see you time either)

all the best! He probably will reply, I doubt he will ignore you for weeks...( oh and when he does reply don't reply back immediately,again you have a life)
Reply 9
I would say leave it and move on. Definitely do not message again. If he wanted to speak then he would reply. Sorry for the harshness but I think we all know that this is true!!
1. Don't send another message. For whatever reason he obviously isn't interested in mending bridges.

2. Don't feel silly or bad for having extended the olive branch. One text asking quite friendly and without fuss 'what's up' isn't in any way reflecting poorly on you.

3. Do try and move on, as a rule. He might have been important once but all relationships end, and this one already has.
It hurts so bad, I was with him for 2 years of my life and he can't even reply to me.
It is natural to miss him, depends on the circumstances of why you broke up, maybe he is hurt too?
Original post by Rock Fan
It is natural to miss him, depends on the circumstances of why you broke up, maybe he is hurt too?

So, we broke up in like September over arguments etc. I got with other people on freshers week because I thought it would help me get over it but it's just made me feel worse.
It physically, really feels like my heart is broken in two. I haven't stopped crying.
Like I said maybe he is hurt by it all too, when I've broken up with my ex's I could not talk to them right away.
Original post by Rock Fan
Like I said maybe he is hurt by it all too, when I've broken up with my ex's I could not talk to them right away.

It's been a month since we last spoke. I am not trying to get back with him, I just hate the way it ended between us.
Don't meddle with the situation from this moment onwards. Let it play out naturally. If he chooses to ignore you, fine. Don't read too much into it. If it turns out that he was just taking his time to reply, then go about your merry way and have a chat with him. If you grow more thoughtful about him not replying and decide to send him another message that will also probably get ignored, you'll feel like an even bigger fool.

I understand that you're finding it hard to move on from him because he meant a lot to you, but sometimes good things fall apart to make way for better things. If it doesn't work out now, just do your best to forget about him and move on but keep in mind that these things take time. The last thing you want is to be the person who remains fixated on an issue for too long a time :wink:
Original post by Anonymous
It physically, really feels like my heart is broken in two. I haven't stopped crying.

Move on your ex clearly has and wants nothing to do with you anymore. I hope you get a reply but you probably won't because of the way things ended.
Give it time and see if he does reply in the next day or so but if he is hurt then he is not going to want to talk yet.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending