The Student Room Group

Is it worth paying for TSR pro?

Urm, yeah. Not much more to say apart from the title...
I can probably get my parents to pay, but don't want to spend their money unnecessarily....

Scroll to see replies

Depends....are you lonely?
Reply 2
Original post by TheTipsyTarsier

eh? Was that sarcasm?
Do you like Piña coladas?

And getting caught in the rain?
Original post by TillyP
eh? Was that sarcasm?

No :nope: I genuinely only sub because I'm lonely :lol:

It's good for learning resources apparently. I've never looked though :K:

And you get to see who reps you and you can give out more reps and stuff.
Reply 5
It's only worth it if you manage to get a subscription for free.

I was interested before but from what I have heard it is just like some elite society at Uni. Paid entry and you all suck up to each other, plus you get far more freedom to roam and protection from the powers that be.
Original post by Arkasia
It's only worth it if you manage to get a subscription for free.

I was interested before but from what I have heard it is just like some elite society at Uni. Paid entry and you all suck up to each other, plus you get far more freedom to roam and protection from the powers that be.

iiiiit's a secret
what's money to someone of your standing
Reply 8
Original post by Smash Bandicoot
iiiiit's a secret

...wot?
Original post by Arkasia
...wot?

Simpsons? Stonecutters?

Lenny: 'Iiiit's a secret'
Carl: 'shut uuuup!'
only if you are in desperate need of satisfaction/are an idiot
Original post by Smash Bandicoot
Simpsons? Stonecutters?

Lenny: 'Iiiit's a secret'
Carl: 'shut uuuup!'

I only understood half of that, but I'll nod and smile and pretend I got the reference.

:yes:
Original post by TheTipsyTarsier

...That's a face I recognise! (probably sounds stalkerish, but yeah.)
It is a pointless waste of money that provides you with nothing extra.
Probably not.
Reply 15
Original post by DiddyDec
It is a pointless waste of money that provides you with nothing extra.

I wouldn't say that. I personally don't have a problem with supporting sites.

The problem I have is that it's really expensive - costs about the same as Netflix; and that the non-educational benefits like TBR represent everything that mainline TSR says it's against.
Reply 16
Original post by Baby Milo
So what do you propose instead? There are a small minority of posters on this forum who moan and criticise constantly about the forum or what is being done but do not offer viable alternatives. We're all capable of pointing out failings afterwards because hindsight is a wonderful thing but finding solutions is a different thing entirely. Now the community team routinely asks for feedback to improve the site and some offer opinions whereas others continue to use it as a platform to have potshots.

Just yesterday, I pointed out that I think the implementation of the badge system could be done in a better way and I provided an alternative approach with a screenshot to how that could be implemented.

Given plenty of constructive feedback over the years - along with many other members. Most of it gets completely ignored, or at least until the CT can save face a bit.

Until recently, there was quite a belligerent attitude from the CT and mods regarding criticism. Fortunately this seems to have turned a corner and things are much much better.

The problem I have with a lot of things that get done is that there would be no need for criticism if they had ever consulted in the first place.
I think if there was an option to get like a coloured name, showing support of the sign, for like 2 pound a month, I'd get it.
I don't need the resources, as I can get the for free on the web and tsr already, but yeah, if that was a viable option, I'd 100% get it.
Right now, there isn't a good enough incentive.
Original post by hellodave5
...That's a face I recognise! (probably sounds stalkerish, but yeah.)

Are you suuure? :eyeball:
I think the cost outweights the benefits. Unless you wanted the learning resources (Why? You can just get it equivalents for free online)

Quick Reply

Latest