The Student Room Group

What is something that is known to your gender but not the other?

Scroll to see replies

i feel like im missing out, if i did that i could take somebodies eye out.

But more seriously who has ever had a conversation about this. Im a student and have had some weird phallus related conversations some with guys, but this is just shameful
Original post by Plantagenet Crown
x

It's funny how girls are the opposite. When one of us needs the toilet we must ask whether any other female, in present company, needs it too so that we can all go to the loo together.
Original post by Wilfred Little
This thread has been done before. One insight from the last one I particularly liked was that when women shower (with long hair), hair falls out and gets trapped in the battycrease and has to be removed.

I've never had hair that long but I always wash my hair and body separately. I tie my hair up and shower and get dressed. Then I tip my head over the bath and wash my hair.

I don't know if anyone else does this.
Original post by CescaD96
Boys will never understand us ladies. We're complicated, brilliant people.

Bloody hell, I'm a female and I still don't understand ladies! Is there something wrong?
Original post by NaTaLiiA513
Bloody hell, I'm a female and I still don't understand ladies! Is there something wrong?

That's why I said "complicated"!
That's why I said "complicated"!

I was assuming that females understood each other. I'm glad we got that cleared up. :biggrin:
I was assuming that females understood each other. I'm glad we got that cleared up. :biggrin:

Oh, gosh, no, I'm useless when it comes to people.
Oh, gosh, no, I'm useless when it comes to people.

I couldn't agree more with you! Especially girls. They can be beautiful but vile creatures! :smile:
I couldn't agree more with you! Especially girls. They can be beautiful but vile creatures! :smile:

Preach it!
Original post by Ronove
And do you think that's because we think differently, or do you think it might have something to do with female clothing having 'very poor pockets'? ...

... I always use pockets
Original post by abbiemac
... I always use pockets

Do you have jeans pockets that are in any way practical enough to put a wallet/purse or a phone in without it being pushed out within about 30 mins?

The way the media portrays both genders is ridiculous, it's not surprising that teenage men are feeling it too. Not being a man, I can't compare if it effects males more, or equally, or less than women. However judging from my social experiences I would say women seem to worry about it more than men, but it could just be that men are more private about it.
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by Ronove
Do you have jeans pockets that are in any way practical enough to put a wallet/purse or a phone in without it being pushed out within about 30 mins?

Yep, I wear skinny jeans but not jeans that tight..

I usually put my phone in my bra though
Yep, I wear skinny jeans but not jeans that tight..

I usually put my phone in my bra though

I don't even wear skinnies. I wear slim or straight. I still won't use the pockets for anything more than a tissue or a tampon. Given that you carry your phone in your bra, though, it doesn't sound like comfort is particularly high on your list of priorities...
Original post by Ronove
I don't even wear skinnies. I wear slim or straight. I still won't use the pockets for anything more than a tissue or a tampon. Given that you carry your phone in your bra, though, it doesn't sound like comfort is particularly high on your list of priorities...

I find it quite comfortable.. and easier to reach, and such. Other people have mentioned it too so I'm not on my own..

I wouldn't carry a tampon around in my pockets though.. maybe in a bag. Just making a point, I find pockets very useful, and they don't cause me any discomfort.
Original post by Juichiro
It's difficult to focus when there is a basilisk running wild inside your chambers. :wink:

Especially when you're not allowed to look at it.
Original post by iammeyouareyou
It's funny how girls are the opposite. When one of us needs the toilet we must ask whether any other female, in present company, needs it too so that we can all go to the loo together.

Yeah exactly, and then women take an inordinately long amount of time in there, Lord only knows what they're doing :iiam:
The way the media portrays both genders is ridiculous, it's not surprising that teenage men are feeling it too. Not being a man, I can't compare if it effects males more, or equally, or less than women. However judging from my social experiences I would say women seem to worry about it more than men, but it could just be that men are more private about it.

Thanks for your thoughtful response :smile:
Original post by sarah_j_jane
Girls LOVE to screenshot and send every conversation they have to their friends. Then have a lengthy discussion about what it meant. Maybe its just my friends!

And then some girls complain why boys dont trust them... Hypocrites :cool:

Quick Reply

Latest