The Student Room Group
Students in Lecture Theatre, University of Liverpool
University of Liverpool
Liverpool

University of Liverpool Applicants Thread 2015

Scroll to see replies

Applied for English and Communication Studies!
Students in Lecture Theatre, University of Liverpool
University of Liverpool
Liverpool
Original post by anastas
Thank you very much for your reply. I'm applying independently, could you please let me know how the referee should have the details for logging into UCAS too? :smile:

I'm not very sure how different or similar it is for independent applications I'm afraid!

But how it works in my college-
Register with UCAS > referee/person sending off your UCAS can keep track of whether you've started/completed your form > you complete your form + upload PS > application gets approved by application sender > appointment with person sender to approve your reference and make changes to reference and form if necessary > reference uploaded > sender clicks pay and send when ready

Your referee is not necessarily the application sender and if they aren't then I think they should have registered on UCAS as an adviser, but I'm not very sure

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Lilyghz
I'm not very sure how different or similar it is for independent applications I'm afraid!

But how it works in my college-
Register with UCAS > referee/person sending off your UCAS can keep track of whether you've started/completed your form > you complete your form + upload PS > application gets approved by application sender > appointment with person sender to approve your reference and make changes to reference and form if necessary > reference uploaded > sender clicks pay and send when ready

Your referee is not necessarily the application sender and if they aren't then I think they should have registered on UCAS as an adviser, but I'm not very sure

Posted from TSR Mobile

Now i see, i think that bar some differences it's quite the same with applying independently. Thank you very much for your help, all the best! :smile:
Reply 283
Original post by boods8897
Nottingham, Liverpool, Newcastle and Southampton. Liverpool have definitely started giving them out and apparently Nottingham only start nearer January. Not heard from any yet!! Where have you applied?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ahh good choices! Gah gutted, hope I get a liverpool interview. I've applied to UEA, Cardiff, Liverpool and Lancaster. I've got a Cardiff interview coming up on the 10th, super excited aha. Can I ask what grades and UKCAT you have?
Original post by KBenn
ahh good choices! Gah gutted, hope I get a liverpool interview. I've applied to UEA, Cardiff, Liverpool and Lancaster. I've got a Cardiff interview coming up on the 10th, super excited aha. Can I ask what grades and UKCAT you have?

9A* 1B GCSE, A FSMQ additional maths, AAABB AS Level and predicted A*AAA I think :smile: 722.5 UKCAT which I think is around the average? Wbu?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 285
Original post by boods8897
9A* 1B GCSE, A FSMQ additional maths, AAABB AS Level and predicted A*AAA I think :smile: 722.5 UKCAT which I think is around the average? Wbu?

Posted from TSR Mobile

8.5 A*s 2 As gcse, B FSMQ, AAAB AS and AAA predictions. No way is 722.5 average, that's insane for this year! Newcastle are sooo heavy on UKCAT and they usually have super high cut offs, but this year their cut off is like 645 I've heard? So that's such a good UKCAT, I got 690 aha which is ok, most of my friends applying to Cambridge and stuff only got 625-640, so yours is definitely not average ahaha
Original post by KBenn
8.5 A*s 2 As gcse, B FSMQ, AAAB AS and AAA predictions. No way is 722.5 average, that's insane for this year! Newcastle are sooo heavy on UKCAT and they usually have super high cut offs, but this year their cut off is like 645 I've heard? So that's such a good UKCAT, I got 690 aha which is ok, most of my friends applying to Cambridge and stuff only got 625-640, so yours is definitely not average ahaha

I'd not seen any of the cut offs so just went off last year's :smile: I suppose it'll all come down to personal statement and WE / ECs in the end :/

Posted from TSR Mobile
Hey guys has anyone got an offer for history and english?
Got an AAB offer for History at Liverpool no interview needed.
Original post by Jmaguire96
Got an AAB offer for History at Liverpool no interview needed.

How long did they take to reply... And if you don't mind me asking what grades did you get for AS?
Many thanks
Charan
They replied in just over 2 weeks from when I sent off the application. At AS I got ABB which I've also been predicted.
Original post by Jmaguire96
They replied in just over 2 weeks from when I sent off the application. At AS I got ABB which I've also been predicted.

Hey oh that's great news, congrats! I got my offer from liverpool today for history with English combined, with the same requirements of ABB.
SO EXCITED
Got a conditional offer for Law (made it my firm choice) anyone else? :-)

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Charl0tte_Emily

Posted from TSR Mobile

I think I replied to you, not too sure actually, haha.

I got the Law offer, but will firm York providing I pass the interview. If not, I'll consider Liverpool or just taking my unconditional offer elsewhere. It all depends on York; they're my last offer.
Original post by Charl0tte_Emily

Posted from TSR Mobile

I have a law offer and I think I'm going to firm it once I hear back from Essex after my interview next week :smile:
Original post by ohlookitschloe
I have a law offer and I think I'm going to firm it once I hear back from Essex after my interview next week :smile:

Seems like we're both on the interview before deciding phase! Got any tips for a successful interview?

Also, concerning Liverpool, for a Russell Group, ABB is very generous... how is their Law department over there?
Original post by SuperSah
Seems like we're both on the interview before deciding phase! Got any tips for a successful interview?

Also, concerning Liverpool, for a Russell Group, ABB is very generous... how is their Law department over there?

Hey lol
I know your talking about law at Liverpool being ABB, my course is also ABB. Does Liverpool make any exemptions if you don't exactly meet the requirement? I'm just curious
Original post by charan04
Hey lol
I know your talking about law at Liverpool being ABB, my course is also ABB. Does Liverpool make any exemptions if you don't exactly meet the requirement? I'm just curious

If you dropped to like ABC or something, they'll probably still take you depending on your personal statement and whatnot. In some cases, Unis have been known to take people who dropped two or even three grades.

It's kind of potluck in all honesty. Work your hardest and only firm it if you're 100% sure you can meet the grades.
Original post by ohlookitschloe

Good luck with your interview! Is it straight Law you've applied for? :-)

Posted from TSR Mobile
Ive got a conditional offer for LLB Law as well with entry grades of ABB which are pretty sweet ^_^
I've put Liverpool as my insurance choice after Birmingham.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending