The Student Room Group

My boyfriend is losing his hair....

My boyfriend was going a bit thin when we met but it was barely noticeable until he pointed it out. He has such lovely hair (one of my favourite things about him) and now a year later he has a noticeable bald spot and a receding hairline. He is self conscious so usually wears hats or tries to style it to hide it. His older brother is completely bald and I just don't find the look attractive at all . my boyfriend is kind of skinny and indie/hipster looking and a shaved head would just look weird. Obviously I'll love him regardless but the thought that one day soon he's gonna turn up with a smooth head is freaking me out. I like hair!

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Buy him a wig.

Spoiler

Reply 2
How stressful for you. Omg wow i cant imagine how you can go out with someone let alone love someone with no hair??? Omg wow youre so strong.

(Your attitude will make him feel more self conscious about his hair, he deserves better. I hope he dumps you.)
Maybe phase into it by trying shorter and shorter haircuts?

Or yeah, try whatever products you can get your hands on!
I feel really sorry for guys who bald early. There isn't a lot that can be done.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 5
my hair is thinning, luckily still can get away with a decent quiff.

The guy will probably know, so leave him too it, unless it puts you off, than leave.
Try products for hair growth.
Or look online for loads of homemade remedies which might help..like coconut oil with some rosemary essential oil and when you massage it into the scalp it helps to stimulate the hair follicles
Reply 7
Original post by Uw0tm8_
How stressful for you. Omg wow i cant imagine how you can go out with someone let alone love someone with no hair??? Omg wow youre so strong.

(Your attitude will make him feel more self conscious about his hair, he deserves better. I hope he dumps you.)

What? I said I'd love him regardless, but it's a big deal for him and me. Don't be such a pig for no reason.

Original post by tinkerbell_xxx
Try products for hair growth.
Or look online for loads of homemade remedies which might help..like coconut oil with some rosemary essential oil and when you massage it into the scalp it helps to stimulate the hair follicles

Thing is I don't want to bring it up, I try and not mention it as he gets so self conscious. I'm sure he's tried everything, I don't think home remedies really work much tbh anyway
Who wants bald genes tho :colonhash:

Posted from TSR Mobile
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by IceJJFish(II)
Who wants bald kids tho :colonhash:

Wow, how disrespectful to kids who have gone through chemotherapy or suffer from alopecia. :frown:
Original post by TroyAndAbed
Wow, how disrespectful to kids who have gone through chemotherapy or suffer from alopecia. :frown:

I didn't mean them. Will edit post though, apologies.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 11
He's a real man with high level of male hormones. enjoy.
Original post by Uw0tm8_

hair is a huge part of someone, it frames your face. not having generally makes you less attractive. you need physical attraction in a relationship
Reply 13
Original post by Anonymous
My boyfriend was going a bit thin when we met but it was barely noticeable until he pointed it out. He has such lovely hair (one of my favourite things about him) and now a year later he has a noticeable bald spot and a receding hairline. He is self conscious so usually wears hats or tries to style it to hide it. His older brother is completely bald and I just don't find the look attractive at all . my boyfriend is kind of skinny and indie/hipster looking and a shaved head would just look weird. Obviously I'll love him regardless but the thought that one day soon he's gonna turn up with a smooth head is freaking me out. I like hair!

I think you've answered your own concerns there. Support him, it's a big thing for a man to go bald.

Has he tried AVEDA shampoo and conditioner for thinning hair? It won't bring it back but it does thicken and slow it down amazingly, one of my friends is using it and his hair looks better now than it did two years ago!
You sound so selfish and inconsiderate.

Hope he dumps your sorry ass.
Original post by Uw0tm8_

I like this post.
Reply 16
Original post by Uw0tm8_

Incredible reply.
My boyfriend's hair has just started receeding too! And he is also hipsterish *squints eyes* haha! He is very self conscious about it, which is the worst part. I'm just trying to make him feel better about it. If you think something like hair loss is going to seriously affect your relationship then maybe you should think about the main reasons you're with him? My sister's boyfriend recently had a hair transplant, it's all grown in now and looks awesome - there's always that!
Original post by Monsieur Gamma
You sound so selfish and inconsiderate.

Hope he dumps your sorry ass.

Second that, love this👌
gf of peace

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending