The Student Room Group

Help with A levels

Ok I'm clueless and new to A levels and plus my school is **** but I would really appreciate it if someone confirmed whether or not the board OCR has module exams for science A levels not for the end of year tests but for exam practise I looked on the OCR website but I only found past papers for the units. I'm not sure If the modular exams existed but I thought I heard they were scraped.
They will be scrapped next year. For this academic year, you can do module exams for sciences, and next academic year (starting Sep 2015), you can do A2 module exams for sciences.
Reply 2
Original post by loperdoper
They will be scrapped next year. For this academic year, you can do module exams for sciences, and next academic year (starting Sep 2015), you can do A2 module exams for sciences.

Ok but where do I get papers from
Original post by needy2.0
Ok but where do I get papers from

The OCR website.
Reply 4
I tried that but I'll try again.
I tried that but I'll try again.

Here

The past papers you can do are unit/modular papers. The linear ones haven't been written yet.
Reply 6
Again just the end of unit ones
Again just the end of unit ones

Which ones are you looking for? The end of unit papers are the only ones that are available.
Reply 8
Which ones are you looking for? The end of unit papers are the only ones that are available.

No the end of each module ones. Do you know where I can find them
No the end of each module ones. Do you know where I can find them

They don't exist?

AS Science for OCR has three units. In Biology, this is F211, F212, and F213 (coursework). Without looking it up, F211 has about three modules, and F212 has about three modules. You take two exams, and each one has the modules within it altogether.

OCR makes past exam papers available, but they don't write end of module tests. If you need to test yourself on a module, your best bet is download an end-of-unit paper and find the ones that relate to the module you're revising. There are two/three questions on each module per unit paper, if I remember correctly.
Reply 10
They don't exist?

AS Science for OCR has three units. In Biology, this is F211, F212, and F213 (coursework). Without looking it up, F211 has about three modules, and F212 has about three modules. You take two exams, and each one has the modules within it altogether.

OCR makes past exam papers available, but they don't write end of module tests. If you need to test yourself on a module, your best bet is download an end-of-unit paper and find the ones that relate to the module you're revising. There are two/three questions on each module per unit paper, if I remember correctly.

Great thanks for all your help!

Quick Reply

Latest