The Student Room Group

2015 Physics Applicants

Scroll to see replies

Reply 600
Original post by wmavfc
Application sent 31st October interview email 4th November and I'm actually going on Tuesday :smile:

Ooh I hope it went well for you today! I just got my interview offer today :smile: How was it?
Original post by Planckton
eeee congrats!!

THANKS! You heard anything yet?
Got an offer from Hull. 300 points including a B in physics and maths. That's 4/5 so far!! Just waiting on Heriot-Watt.
Original post by Swinburne
THANKS! You heard anything yet?

Yeah!! Interview at new :smile:
Yeah!! Interview at new :smile:

Well Done!!!! that's great!
Congratulations to everyone who got an interview at Oxford, hope to see you there! :biggrin:
Anybody with an interview at Manchester on the 5-th of February? :biggrin:
Don't worry about it though, it's just in case you miss your offer in summer :smile:

Interview went well and it was actually quite an enjoyable day!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 608
Original post by Abbseh
Ooh I hope it went well for you today! I just got my interview offer today :smile: How was it?

Good to hear, when are you going? Yeah it was quite an enjoyable day. Got to speak to other applicants more than the others I've been to. The interview was less relaxed than Lancaster but still wasn't a grilling
Reply 609
Original post by wmavfc
Good to hear, when are you going? Yeah it was quite an enjoyable day. Got to speak to other applicants more than the others I've been to. The interview was less relaxed than Lancaster but still wasn't a grilling

10th of January. The offered my this Saturday as well but that was too short notice! Ooh that sounds good, hopefully everyone was nice :smile: What was the question that you worked though?
Reply 610
Original post by Abbseh
10th of January. The offered my this Saturday as well but that was too short notice! Ooh that sounds good, hopefully everyone was nice :smile: What was the question that you worked though?

Seems ages away but its only just over a month! Good luck for it. Yeah thats very short notice lol. They were, fairy talkative too. I mentioned something to do with Rosetta & Philae when he asked me what I like about physics, because of the gravitational aspects and the mechanics. This then exposed mine and his lack of knowledge on the subject so we just started approximating how fast it might have been going, distance of Rosetta from the comet, size of them both etc. Wasn't a standard work through a calculation type thing
Original post by ellen999
Interview went well and it was actually quite an enjoyable day!

Posted from TSR Mobile

Glad to hear it!
Reply 612
Yes got an offer to do MPhys astrophysics AAA

Posted from TSR Mobile

That's what I've applied for too, about how long did they take to reply to you? :smile:
Original post by TPanda
That's what I've applied for too, about how long did they take to reply to you? :smile:

Not long, they were my first offer, I think about 10 days after they received my UCAS form. Good luck! :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 614
Not long, they were my first offer, I think about 10 days after they received my UCAS form. Good luck! :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

About when did you send off your application? And what else did you apply for? :smile:
Reply 615
Original post by wmavfc
Seems ages away but its only just over a month! Good luck for it. Yeah thats very short notice lol. They were, fairy talkative too. I mentioned something to do with Rosetta & Philae when he asked me what I like about physics, because of the gravitational aspects and the mechanics. This then exposed mine and his lack of knowledge on the subject so we just started approximating how fast it might have been going, distance of Rosetta from the comet, size of them both etc. Wasn't a standard work through a calculation type thing

I know! That's worrying is I only have two weeks and four days of actually school time for prep etc. I've never done one before so I'm hoping for as much prep as possible from my teachers :frown: Oh okay, so it's completely dependant on what you talk about/what is brought up in the rest of the interview? Did you actually end up calculating anything or was is more of an explanation/approximation of what you would do?
Reply 616
Original post by Abbseh
I know! That's worrying is I only have two weeks and four days of actually school time for prep etc. I've never done one before so I'm hoping for as much prep as possible from my teachers :frown: Oh okay, so it's completely dependant on what you talk about/what is brought up in the rest of the interview? Did you actually end up calculating anything or was is more of an explanation/approximation of what you would do?

Ah you won't need that at all just know what you've written in your statement and be prepared to talk about it. Yeah its possibly dependant on that but not sure 100% - just don't mention anything you have no idea about and you should be ok. Nah didn't really calculate anything but mine mightve been different
Original post by TPanda
About when did you send off your application? And what else did you apply for? :smile:

Middle of October. Birmingham, Manchester, Edinburgh and York 👍 what about you? :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 618
Middle of October. Birmingham, Manchester, Edinburgh and York 👍 what about you? :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

I sent off my application on the 7th of november, ive applied for MPhys everywhere of either astro, physics with astro or just physics in Cardiff, Surrey, Bath, Exeter and Swansea :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 619
Does anyone have tips for preparing for Oxford interviews?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending