The Student Room Group
Students on campus at the University of Warwick
University of Warwick
Coventry

Warwick Offer Holder (2015 Entry)

Scroll to see replies

Original post by grammar12
When did you apply? What are your preds? What was the offer? I applied on 15th October and have heard nothing, my predicted grades are A*A*(D2)AA, Im taking 2 separate English literature A-levels (pre-U and standard A-level) I have offers from RH and York already but nothing from Warwick UCL but an interview at Cambridge. Im really starting to worry because Ive seen quite a few English offers and Warwick is my first choice (apart from Cambridge but its really competitive so I'm not treating it as my first choice) so Im getting anxious as to whether they will reject me :frown:

I applied on the 13th of October, and I'm predicted A*AA. The offer was for AAA. :smile: I'm sure you'll be absolutely fine, especially if you've already got an interview from Cambridge. And if you don't get one now, there's always a chance they'll invite you to interview and give you one after that. Some people have got them without (they keep using the phrase 'strongest candidates') but I think there will be some interviews, too.
Students on campus at the University of Warwick
University of Warwick
Coventry
Im just a little irate, considering I will have 2 separate English A-levels, my predicted grades are well above those offered by Warwick, and I have an interview at Cambridge I would have thought that they would have gotten back to me by now, just feeling a little dejected considering others have already heard, plus Warwick is my first choice so Im desperate to go there
Original post by ETRC
do maths holders all have the same offer?
The standard offer is A*A*A 2
A*AA 1

That's the offer I received (for MMath).
Got a conditional for MMATH and MMORSE from Warwick!! So happy, definitely will firm them :colondollar:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 244
Original post by foxfire54
That's the offer I received (for MMath).

what STEP paper are you going to do?
Original post by ETRC
what STEP paper are you going to do?

Definitely not III, as I'd only be able to do the pure questions which obviously puts me at a big disadvantage. I and II seem pretty similar from what I've seen, so I'm not sure which one to do. Which one are you thinking of taking?
Reply 246
Definitely not III, as I'd only be able to do the pure questions which obviously puts me at a big disadvantage. I and II seem pretty similar from what I've seen, so I'm not sure which one to do. Which one are you thinking of taking?

I was thinking about I and II but am just going to do I because it is the easiest and there is not point doing a harder STEP for me. Also I was looking at the mechanics questions in I and II and they seem slightly easier if you are good at mechanics.
I think II is just a slightly bit harder than I.
I've applied for Literature and Film. I'm predicted AAA. I haven't heard back yet, but if I get an offer, they'll be my firm choice!
Original post by username42
Just got an A*AA offer for economics :biggrin:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Are you international? What are your stats?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by ETRC
I was thinking about I and II but am just going to do I because it is the easiest and there is not point doing a harder STEP for me. Also I was looking at the mechanics questions in I and II and they seem slightly easier if you are good at mechanics.
I think II is just a slightly bit harder than I.

Yeah, the problem is I'm not that good with mechanics XD The probability and statistics stuff is more my strong suit, after the pure maths.
I guess, if STEP II is a harder paper, won't the grade boundaries be adjusted? Otherwise you're at a major disadvantage just for picking the wrong exam, which seems like a really bad idea if you want to get as many people into your university as you can.
Reply 250
Yeah, the problem is I'm not that good with mechanics XD The probability and statistics stuff is more my strong suit, after the pure maths.
I guess, if STEP II is a harder paper, won't the grade boundaries be adjusted? Otherwise you're at a major disadvantage just for picking the wrong exam, which seems like a really bad idea if you want to get as many people into your university as you can.

The grade boundaries are like any other exams. It depends on how good everyone else taking it found it and the score calculated is like your ums.
Original post by username42
Around the 10th of October.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Warwick is soo good sisters doing medicine there

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 252
Have got the offer for Economics today :smile:
Reply 253
Original post by Hanna26

Congrats, what grades did they want?
Been asked up for an interview for Film and Literature! :biggrin:
Has anyone received an offer for Law with Business Studies (4 years)? I applied October 13th and haven't received anything. (Predicted 43 in IB)
Anyone for physics?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 257
Original post by YellowNinja
Anyone for physics?

Posted from TSR Mobile

I applied for Physics, already got my offer
Unconditional offer sociology!!!!!!!
Original post by Hanna26

Well done!!!!
what are your gcse & as grades? & what were you predicted? And are you international? Sorry for all the questions if you don't mind me asking

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending