The Student Room Group

Civil service fast stream 2014/2015

Scroll to see replies

I have the FSAC next Friday, anyone else travelling down from Scotland?

Was it hard to interpret which competencies the assessor was referring to during the interiew questions?

Any specifc tips for preparation?
Reply 1261
Hi everyone, I have just found out that I have been successful through to the assessment centre.

Does anyone know if im sucessful at assessment centre how much say I have in placement? Do they take personal circumstances into account? For example I have a medical condition and I am under a few docrors that monitor me and i get regular prescriptions etc. So I am not penalised for health would I have a say?
Original post by PCQ1
Hi everyone, I have just found out that I have been successful through to the assessment centre.

Does anyone know if im sucessful at assessment centre how much say I have in placement? Do they take personal circumstances into account? For example I have a medical condition and I am under a few docrors that monitor me and i get regular prescriptions etc. So I am not penalised for health would I have a say?

I'd be surprised if they didn't. They certainly take things like having children/special care needs into account...
I attended FSAC last Wednesday (26th nov) and still haven't heard anything so I assume I have been amber banded. Does anyone know if you have been amber banded when you are likely to hear a result?

Posted from TSR Mobile
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by birdman55
I have the FSAC next Friday, anyone else travelling down from Scotland?

Was it hard to interpret which competencies the assessor was referring to during the interiew questions?

Any specifc tips for preparation?

I am also from Scotland but my FSAC is Thursday. What scheme are you applying for?

During the SRAC there also was a competency-based interview and I found that during the interview I did not have time to think about which competencies a question referred to. I also used completely different examples than the ones I had prepared beforehand :rolleyes:. I still passed so I must have done something right. I think the main thing is to back up your answers with examples.
Quick question guys re: the interview, I understand your assessed on the Managing a QualityService, Delivering at Pace, Collaborating and Partnering, and Building Capability for All.

Are you just asked questions on those?
I have my FSAC on the 22nd of January - anyone else have the same date/want to compare notes?
Does anyone know if there's a pass-rate for the E-tray?
Original post by ettymae
I attended FSAC last Wednesday (26th nov) and still haven't heard anything so I assume I have been amber banded. Does anyone know if you have been amber banded when you are likely to hear a result?

Posted from TSR Mobile

I emailed parity and they said that it would be end of December or January at the latest. Hopefully you hear some good news soon :smile:
Oh cool, thanks for that :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
On the eTray stage. How long did you guys wait for results? and what is the period of time from eTray to FSAC? Do you get offered a range of days? Or just one?
Reply 1271
Original post by falconpunch
On the eTray stage. How long did you guys wait for results? and what is the period of time from eTray to FSAC? Do you get offered a range of days? Or just one?

Hi, I did the etray at the end of October and heard yesterday that I was successful and moved to HR FSAC. I was invited to go at the end of February but didnt get offered a choice of dates :smile:
(edited 9 years ago)
Reply 1272
Original post by falconpunch

It depends on your result - if your score is in the 'immediately successful/unsuccessful', you'll hear really quickly, especially now the pass marks have been set and they've been band-narrowing. Otherwise - it'll be some time this month. Also it depends on when you complete your E-Tray and when you get your results - FSACs are running until February. You don't get a choice of dates, you're given a date - but if you couldn't make that one for some reason, I'm sure they'd give you an alternative.
I am going for the Finance scheme, what about you?

SRAC? I suppose I am just worried I will answer using the wrong example and end up addessing the incorrect competency. There are only 4 so hopefully shouldn't be too hard to differentiate.
What % of people who pass the e-tray go on to AC? or is it everyone?
Hey :smile:
I got through the etray thing and have been given an orientation session date (30th jan) but nothing for the assessment centre. Anyone else going to the orientation session?
I've been "amber-banded" for the e-tray exercise on the Generalist stream and I'm curious how this relates to the different sub-streams. I've put the Diplomatic Service as my first choice and Home Departments as the second. Does anyone know if it possible to attain a score that is good enough for HD but not for the DS?
Original post by bluebird82
What % of people who pass the e-tray go on to AC? or is it everyone?

I believe it's everybody, but you're best to check on the Facebook page.
Original post by Mortal Wombat
I've been "amber-banded" for the e-tray exercise on the Generalist stream and I'm curious how this relates to the different sub-streams. I've put the Diplomatic Service as my first choice and Home Departments as the second. Does anyone know if it possible to attain a score that is good enough for HD but not for the DS?

Yes. The FSAC score required to get onto the DS stream is very likely going to be higher.
Yes, I expect that is certainly true for the FSAC but I'm curious if the same applies for the e-tray or if there is just a pass/fail for each stream.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending