The Student Room Group

HELP! If you found out a girl's birthday from someone else/FB, can you wish her?

Met a girl, in fact she came up to me and spoke to me as she recognized me.

Unfortunately this was as we were moving separate ways in life. But I got her number to keep in touch. Messaged on her IM and told her and she gave it to me.

Texted her a few times, she has responded every time except the last. Admittedly it is hard. I want to text her enough to keep the rapport going, but not too much so she ignores. Although we got on really well in the two occasions we have met and I'm sure we would have been friends had we met at the right time in our lives (who knows, maybe lovers), that's life I guess.

I texted her at halloween, xmas and new years last year on the day itself. I just found out through a friend who has FB, that her birthday is on Jan 5th. Should I message her New Years on the day, or on her birthday?

Is there a way to be able to wish her happy birthday? She didn't tell me the date herself. Is there a way to ask how she's doing and her to tell me?

Disclosure: I do fancy her a little bit, would like to remain friends as I may move back to her neighbourhood at some point, plus she is a like minded fun individual..... and hot.
why don't you just ring her and ask her out...
Reply 2
Original post by the bear

I don't live in her city at the moment. We met again as both of us were changing firms.

Advice on my conundrum?
Reply 3

I really wish I had now (hindsight hey).

Thing is I am nervous and also a complete novice with women. Haven't had a gf yet either. Been focused on studies and work so far. Have started to go out and have fun, but unfortunately not in same town as her atm.

But she seemed fun and I would like to stay in touch.

Advice on texting her? I mean she didn't reply to my last one. Didn't use x on the last one either.

What about the birthday/new year thing.. should I message her as normal on NY, or wait and hope to do it on her birthday? How do I ask so I hear it from her? I found out through alternative means.
i would just ring her now... don't wait for the New Year. if she is interested she will respond favorably. if not then you will have to suck it up.
Reply 5
i would just ring her now... don't wait for the New Year. if she is interested she will respond favorably. if not then you will have to suck it up.

I don't think you understand. I spoke to her in person, but this was months ago. I have never rung her before and since she hasn't replied to my latest text yet, I think it might be awkward if I just call her.

Also: I don't live in her city atm.

Would a girl appreciate a call from a guy randomly? Also how does this help me with the getting to know her birthday situation?

Please read my OP!!
Original post by Anonymous
I don't think you understand. I spoke to her in person, but this was months ago. I have never rung her before and since she hasn't replied to my latest text yet, I think it might be awkward if I just call her.

Also: I don't live in her city atm.

Would a girl appreciate a call from a guy randomly? Also how does this help me with the getting to know her birthday situation?

Please read my OP!!

i did read it; it sounded unnecessarily complicated. i suggested a straightforward solution.

:wavey:
Reply 7
i did read it; it sounded unnecessarily complicated. i suggested a straightforward solution.

Do appreciate it, but any other suggestions?

I think if I ring now it won't be good! I mean I have never rung her before and I don't live near her. Considering the brief time we met, wouldn't texting be better?

What about her birthday?
Reply 8

What do you think about texting at new years or on birthday, in terms of my OP?
Reply 9

I texted her at halloween, xmas and new years last year on the day itself. I just found out through a friend who has FB, that her birthday is on Jan 5th. Should I message her New Years on the day, or on her birthday?

Is there a way to be able to wish her happy birthday? She didn't tell me the date herself. Is there a way to ask how she's doing and her to tell me?

Disclosure: I do fancy her a little bit, would like to remain friends as I may move back to her neighbourhood at some point, plus she is a like minded fun individual..... and hot.

Would really appreciate a girl's advice!!
Would really appreciate a girl's advice!!

You sound like Ted Mosby.
You sound like Ted Mosby.

Lol, that describes me.

What is your advice?

1. Texting her in general - frequency
2. The fact I found her birthday elsewhere, should I wish her new years close to her birthday?
3. Should I just stick to messaging her on xmas and new years?
4. What if she ignores a text, like the last time? Normally she replies all the time.
Please, need advice girls!

Ted Mosby sending out an SOS here..
Help girls, pls!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending