The Student Room Group

Re: *** DENTISTRY Graduate Entry Programme 2015!!!! *** Applicants Discussion Thread

Scroll to see replies

Guys, when you go to your Aberdeen interview can you remember how many applicants are in your group to give the rest of us an idea of whether they'll be another set next year, cheers!x
Original post by BiomedDentist
Yay I got my interview letter for UCLAN!
So happy, and now I'm mega nervous!

Studying pharmacy requires a pre-reg year so overall its a 5 year course. Do you have to do a pre-reg year for biomed too? Or is it just 3 years?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by hamzakhairkhwah
Studying pharmacy requires a pre-reg year so overall its a 5 year course. Do you have to do a pre-reg year for biomed too? Or is it just 3 years?

Posted from TSR Mobile

3 years but to be registered as a biomed you need to do 2 years extra training whilst working. No trainee biomed jobs anywhere there as the majority of biomeds are dinosaurs and never leave their jobs
Original post by Olderandwiser23
3 years but to be registered as a biomed you need to do 2 years extra training whilst working. No trainee biomed jobs anywhere there as the majority of biomeds are dinosaurs and never leave their jobs

After studying the 3 years and then graduating in biomed could i still go apply to dentistry through the graduate entry pathway without doing the 2 extra years of training?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Yes. You can also still work as a scientist unregistered just not for the nhs.
Yes. You can also still work as a scientist unregistered just not for the nhs.

Is that the same for pharmacy. So after studying the 4years MPharms degree i dont need to do the 1 year pre-reg training and can still apply for dentistry yeh?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by hamzakhairkhwah
Is that the same for pharmacy. So after studying the 4years MPharms degree i dont need to do the 1 year pre-reg training and can still apply for dentistry yeh?

Posted from TSR Mobile

More than likely, just means you won't ever be able to actually work as a pharmacist. Atleast with biomed you can still work,
More than likely, just means you won't ever be able to actually work as a pharmacist. Atleast with biomed you can still work,

Alright thanks for the help

Posted from TSR Mobile
Good luck to everyone going to Aberdeen tomorrow. Safe travels! I'm there for 12.15, maybe see you then! x
Reply 309
Hey guys, I've got my interview for Aberdeen on Wednesday and I'm getting the fear :eek:. Anyone got any tips on what the interview process is like/what I can expect to be asked? Also, does it really last the full 2 hours or is some of that time at the end used for questions etc?

I don't feel as though as I'm ready for this at all.
Original post by dibzs
Hey guys, I've got my interview for Aberdeen on Wednesday and I'm getting the fear :eek:. Anyone got any tips on what the interview process is like/what I can expect to be asked? Also, does it really last the full 2 hours or is some of that time at the end used for questions etc?

I don't feel as though as I'm ready for this at all.

Hey! Mines on wednesday too!
MMI is split into several sections, there is some good info online about ethical scenarios and stuff, what they want to see more than anything is that you can relate your experiences to formulate opinions on new situations, and that you can communicate well!
Its hard to 'revise' for, I think it's just about being prepared, a friend of mine said they're weirdly fun, I'm hoping that's true.

Good luck and see you there :smile:
Reply 311
Original post by BiomedDentist
Hey! Mines on wednesday too!
MMI is split into several sections, there is some good info online about ethical scenarios and stuff, what they want to see more than anything is that you can relate your experiences to formulate opinions on new situations, and that you can communicate well!
Its hard to 'revise' for, I think it's just about being prepared, a friend of mine said they're weirdly fun, I'm hoping that's true.

Good luck and see you there :smile:

Thank you so much, time to Google ethical scenarios for the next 36 hours haha! Yeah I've got a friend up there doing Dentistry and she said the interview was fine, the best advice she could give me was to just relax...easier said than done. Good luck with your interview, see you on Wednesday :biggrin:
Original post by dibzs
Thank you so much, time to Google ethical scenarios for the next 36 hours haha! Yeah I've got a friend up there doing Dentistry and she said the interview was fine, the best advice she could give me was to just relax...easier said than done. Good luck with your interview, see you on Wednesday :biggrin:

Just had my Aberdeen interview today. It was fun :smile: Relax, be yourself and do your best. You can't do more.
Original post by ProspecDent
Guys, when you go to your Aberdeen interview can you remember how many applicants are in your group to give the rest of us an idea of whether they'll be another set next year, cheers!x

12 in our group today x
random question regarding uclan.. but which 2 DEC's would u guys prefer going to?
Reply 315
Carlisle, it's near the Lake District so would be a great place. Also what topics are the stations on, I lost my front interview sheet
communication skills, knowledge of dentistry, ethics and professionalism, logic and reasoning and team working amongst others
All grads applying to QMUL

What are your ukcat scores please?

Two people have received offers (one grad)

And their scores were >740 :frown:

I have 680 and now feel I have no chance!!!

So please share your scores x
Hey guys! So just discovered I was rejected from Manchester with no interview. My stats are: 4 A* prediction, 688 UKCAT. I can't understand why I've been rejected straight out Esepcially as they don't seem to have specific UkCAT cut offs. Does anyone know why I might have been rejected without an interview given I fulfill the requirements and more?
Original post by Sugarcandy
Hey guys! So just discovered I was rejected from Manchester with no interview. My stats are: 4 A* prediction, 688 UKCAT. I can't understand why I've been rejected straight out Esepcially as they don't seem to have specific UkCAT cut offs. Does anyone know why I might have been rejected without an interview given I fulfill the requirements and more?

You've posted this in the grad entry.

How was your work experience?

Quick Reply

Latest