The Student Room Group

Getting over her, how?

My girlfriend (now ex), recently broke up with me, we both still like one another but she says she isn't ready for a relationship.. I want to get over her but I don't know how.. I keep thinking of her whenever I'm not doing something :cry::cry2:

Anyone got any tips?

Sometimes I just feel like dating online would be easier and less painful :frown:
Original post by Anonymous
My girlfriend (now ex), recently broke up with me, we both still like one another but she says she isn't ready for a relationship.. I want to get over her but I don't know how.. I keep thinking of her whenever I'm not doing something :cry::cry2:

Anyone got any tips?

Sometimes I just feel like dating online would be easier and less painful :frown:

Do you entertain hopes of you getting together once she's ready? That can be a barrier to you getting over her.
'She isn't ready for a relationship' is more like 'doesn't want to be in a relationship with you, specifically'.

My best tip would be to realize you could be in a relationship with a girl who wants you back just as much. Your ex 'likes' you but all that is doing is toying with your heart, it's a bit cruel really. Let her move on, and think about future possibilities.
Reply 3
'She isn't ready for a relationship' is more like 'doesn't want to be in a relationship with you, specifically'.

My best tip would be to realize you could be in a relationship with a girl who wants you back just as much. Your ex 'likes' you but all that is doing is toying with your heart, it's a bit cruel really. Let her move on, and think about future possibilities.

That's possible but the way she dumped me was pretty elaborate.. Like the message was huge and I could understand some stuff. But then there's other messages that do hint towards that.

I think I just need some alone time.. I just find it difficult because I get attached quickly :sad:
That's possible but the way she dumped me was pretty elaborate.. Like the message was huge and I could understand some stuff. But then there's other messages that do hint towards that.

Either she is really really feeling bad about breaking up with you (which means she is sympathetic but won't be with you again), or she wants you to keep giving her attention because she likes that feeling.

In the end, it doesn't matter what the reason she gives for breaking up is. All you need to know is one thing (that it isn't meant to be) and forget the rest. You'll only be torturing yourself by asking why you weren't good enough etc etc. Start asking yourself those questions, and you'll never get closure.

Anyone got any tips?

Part of the answer is in your question (in bold).

Keep yourself occupied. Whether it be doing work or doing leisure activities.

I thought everyone knew that?

P.S Do you think getting a rebound by hurriedly finding a partner via online dating is going to help you or make things worst. Are you ready for another relationship? If you're in a hole .. stop digging.
(edited 9 years ago)
Cut all contact really is the only way, and try going out with friends and keeping yourself occupied.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending