The Student Room Group

Imperial College A100 applicants 2015 entry

Scroll to see replies

Original post by ishysmile
but the thing is they've already started inviting people with low(er) BMAT scores, like 4.6s etc. so are they not using the band system to invite?

yeh thats true but I don't think they invited anyone with less than 3 in section 3 yet so I think these people will start getting interview invites later
Reply 241
do you think the cut-off is lower this year??
Any rejections from imperial?
I emailed Imperial whether Band 2 overseas students stood a chance the guy said theoretically possible but not very likely since there are very limited spots for int kids. It's kind of sad cause my section 1 and 2 were much higher than band 1 cut offs and I only missed Band 1 for Section 3 by 0.5 but just to let all overseas students known in advance so they can prepare themselves mentally :[

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 244
I'm almost tempted to email them and ask what the bands this year are, but I can imagine them keeping shtum... What do you think?
Reply 245
Original post by smilepeople
I emailed Imperial whether Band 2 overseas students stood a chance the guy said theoretically possible but not very likely since there are very limited spots for int kids. It's kind of sad cause my section 1 and 2 were much higher than band 1 cut offs and I only missed Band 1 for Section 3 by 0.5 but just to let all overseas students known in advance so they can prepare themselves mentally :[

Posted from TSR Mobile

How do you know the band 1 cut-off?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Same here man, destroyed section 1 and 2 band marks and got 3A on my essay. But i would say don't worry about it too much, if yoru section 1 and 2 are very high then it puts you in a good position in band 2 and normally most overseas in band 2 are interviewed.
What are your stats if you dont mind me asking?
Yea this is especially annoying for internationals as there is only 24 spots available. Surely if you get interviewed later when only 2 more spots are available you have a disadvantage than if you were interviewed on the first day. I think it would be good if we asked them for further information.
Reply 248
Rejected!
Original post by iulz
Rejected!

So sorry!! Best of luck for your other choices.
If you don't mind me asking What was your score. Were you international
Reply 250
Original post by Kukicool
So sorry!! Best of luck for your other choices.
If you don't mind me asking What was your score. Were you international

Home student, grad (but applying for A100 as arts student)

5.7 4.2 3.5A (that 4.2 is going to haunt me)
Original post by santabanta554
Yea this is especially annoying for internationals as there is only 24 spots available. Surely if you get interviewed later when only 2 more spots are available you have a disadvantage than if you were interviewed on the first day. I think it would be good if we asked them for further information.

There are 42 offers for 24 spots :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by jungykang
Same here man, destroyed section 1 and 2 band marks and got 3A on my essay. But i would say don't worry about it too much, if yoru section 1 and 2 are very high then it puts you in a good position in band 2 and normally most overseas in band 2 are interviewed.
What are your stats if you dont mind me asking?

IMPERIAL OFFICER: "No they do not, each section is looked at independently and you have to perform above the minimum to be considered."

ME: "Firstly, if an international student falls into Band 2, is it still possible to be invited for interview?"

IMPERIAL OFFICER: "Potentially yes but normally we do not due to the limited places for overseas applicants they usually require a higher threshold."

That kinda contradicts everything you said haha no offense it's really sad to admit but I guess we can only pray about it. Erm add up section 1 and 2 you will get 13 plus :smile: not that fantastic but def much higher than avg for applicants who got in for UK / EU students

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Hectors
How do you know the band 1 cut-off?

Surely it can't be above 6, can it :smile: ?

Posted from TSR Mobile
6.5 / 5.4 / 3A

Reapplicant and fulfilled all academic requirements but didn't apply to Imperial purely because I felt intimidated... And thinking now that I should have on top of BSMS...

Posted from TSR Mobile

How many internationals are interviewed? I have 5.1 6.3 4A, so do I have no chance? (Rest of academics / personal statement / reference etc. are very good)

Posted from TSR Mobile

Oh sweet that makes things better. How did u find out? Are you a fellow international applicant?
So I still havent heard anything back and im just sitting here crapping my pants, anticipating that 'Something has changed on your UCAS application' email ( oh what can it POSSIBLY be I wonder?! 'your application has been unsuccessful....'. Oh. Thanks.)
Have the A100 rejections been handed out yet? Also I dont understand whats going on with imperial this year, have they completely renovated their candidate selection?!
Original post by santabanta554
Oh sweet that makes things better. How did u find out? Are you a fellow international applicant?

Of course I asked imperial to find out and yes I am :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 259
Omd why haven't i heard anything

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending