The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
That's called getting news late (it was announced in Times good three weeks ago); I think the pregnancy report was falsified- because if the info was factual- news would spread like disease.
Reply 2
Original post by sherlockfan
x

I've seen only one article on the pregnancy- therefore I don't think it can be considered as an "official"; same goes to rumor that Mortiary (Andrew Scott) is new villain in Bond movie (seen only one article in Mirror, so I cannot trust it).
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by Citipati
I've seen only one article on the pregnancy- therefore I don't think it can be considered as an "official"; same goes to rumor that Mortiary (Andrew Scott) is new villain in Bond movie (seen only one article in Mirror, so I cannot trust it).

I suspect its legit, (why else would they be in such a rush to marry?) but whoever the source is wont be close to Benedict any more.
(edited 9 years ago)
This annoys me :

http://www.mirror.co.uk/tv/tv-news/benedict-cumberbatch-if-fans-like-4680998

i dont want to have to "like" her, i dont want to see her at every single event where he is present.
Reply 5
Who gives a flying fudge about that lanky, pig-faced dullard? He isn't exactly the next Bob Hoskins. Or even half that caliber as an actor.
Original post by noggins
Who gives a flying fudge about that lanky, pig-faced dullard? He isn't exactly the next Bob Hoskins. Or even half that caliber as an actor.

Theres no need to insult him either.
Why has another thread about this non-event been created?

"Man gets engaged". Result? Women all over Britain fall to pieces and won't stop bloody going on about it. Some people, and I'm not saying that this is indicative of you OP, but some people really need to get out more and realise that famous people aren't going to casually swing by their houses and ask them on a date.
Original post by Drunk Punx
Why has another thread about this non-event been created?

"Man gets engaged". Result? Women all over Britain fall to pieces and won't stop bloody going on about it. Some people, and I'm not saying that this is indicative of you OP, but some people really need to get out more and realise that famous people aren't going to casually swing by their houses and ask them on a date.

i never thought that would happen, i never thought he would fall for me but i do envy sophie and i wish i could be someone like her that would be able to attract Benedict.
Reply 9
I suspect its legit, (why else would they be in such a rush to marry?) but whoever the source is wont be close to Benedict any more.

They knew each other for few years, he was talking about marriage for equally as long - I don't know what's wrong with that?
You don't have to like her- I think she's a wonderful person, Oxford Educated, French Theatre director, and humble when coming to world fame- he didn't marry for YOU to like her.
I don't think there's anything more stupider than following actor, and hungering over him (whilst chances of exchanging two words are minimal). Find yourself a hobby, achieve something, not stare blankly at pretty face on screen and judge its choices. Nothing comes of it but wasted time.
Original post by Citipati
They knew each other for few years, he was talking about marriage for equally as long - I don't know what's wrong with that?
You don't have to like her- I think she's a wonderful person, Oxford Educated, French Theatre director, and humble when coming to world fame- he didn't marry for YOU to like her.
I don't think there's anything more stupider than following actor, and hungering over him (whilst chances of exchanging two words are minimal). Find yourself a hobby, achieve something, not stare blankly at pretty face on screen and judge its choices. Nothing comes of it but wasted time.

I dont know why you think she's so wonderful? is it because of her upper class background?
I dont know why you think she's so wonderful? is it because of her upper class background?

"Oxford Educated, French Theatre director, and humble when coming to world fame". Could that be why? :tongue:

You sound like a jealous ex :lol:
"Oxford Educated, French Theatre director, and humble when coming to world fame". Could that be why? :tongue:

You sound like a jealous ex :lol:

being oxford educated and able to speak french are traits generally found more in the upper class, that's why i asked.
none of those things make her "wonderful". i dont understand the "humble when coming to world fame" either. what does it mean exactly, when has she expressed this, and was she even famous before she was engaged to Benedict? No. I dont think I've ever heard her talk, i cant think of a single opinion she has. shes just a decorative feature.
(edited 9 years ago)
being oxford educated and able to speak french are traits generally found more in the upper class, that's why i asked.
none of those things make her "wonderful". i dont understand the "humble when coming to world fame" either. what does it mean exactly, when has she expressed this, and was she even famous before she was engaged to Benedict? No.

Well, let's check our old friend Wikipedia!

She's directed 6 plays, acted in 3 plays, acted in 6 tv series and 4 films (and a short), has released 2 albums, and won a Samuel Beckett award.
I dare say that's a damn sight more than you or any other chick who obsessively fangirls over Cumberface have accomplished.

Also, famous =/= popular. That's as absurd as stating that how good music is is dependent on how popular it is. Just because something (or in this case, someone) isn't well known it doesn't immediately mean that they're they're not worth the few seconds it takes to type their name into Google and see what they've done (or indeed, that they're not well-suited for a relationship with somebody else).
Well, let's check our old friend Wikipedia!

She's dircertainly ed 6 plays, acted in 3 plays, acted in 6 tv series and 4 films (and a short), has released 2 albums, and won a Samuel Beckett award.
I dare say that's a damn sight more than you or any other chick who obsessively fangirls over Cumberface have accomplished.

Also, famous =/= popular. That's as absurd as stating that how good music is is dependent on how popular it is. Just because something (or in this case, someone) isn't well known it doesn't immediately mean that they're they're not worth the few seconds it takes to type their name into Google and see what they've done (or indeed, that they're not well-suited for a relationship with somebody else).

Well youre a charming person aren't you?
It doesn't matter what shes achieved, it says nothing about her as a person. she certainly doesn't deserve the worship some people are giving her.
Well youre a charming person aren't you?
It doesn't matter what shes achieved, it says nothing about her as a person. she certainly doesn't deserve the worship some people are giving her.

I'm not here to charm :h:
I haven't seen anybody giving her worship, all I've seen are people rightfully defending her from the unwarranted vitriol that jealous people have been spewing her way all because she ruined a million Cumberbitches fantasies.

That word has a damn nice ring to it, I'll have to make a note to use it more in the future.
I'm not here to charm :h:
I haven't seen anybody giving her worship, all I've seen are people rightfully defending her from the unwarranted vitriol that jealous people have been spewing her way all because she ruined a million Cumberbitches fantasies.

That word has a damn nice ring to it, I'll have to make a note to use it more in the future.

Youre wrong about that, she gets engaged to Benedict and suddenly shes a goddess, much in the same way as Kate Middleton. Neither of those women have done anything useful and are only known for their choice of husband.
(edited 9 years ago)
This annoys me :

http://www.mirror.co.uk/tv/tv-news/benedict-cumberbatch-if-fans-like-4680998

i dont want to have to "like" her, i dont want to see her at every single event where he is present.

Aww, I know, it hurts. I cannot even imagine how I'd have been if this happened with my 'celebrity crush' (eww I do hate that phrase) a few years ago. Feeling jealous of his girlfriend is normal and as long as fans don't try to connect her then it's harmless really. I suspect he doesn't really expect his fans to like his girlfriend, but he's got to say it to dissuade people from abusing her which is too easy to do now.

Personally I would just enjoy the hurt. It's not real remember. You get to feel heartbreak without having to really experience it and that's kind of enjoyable to me. :dontknow: It's practice if nothing else.
Original post by ArtGoblin
Aww, I know, it hurts. I cannot even imagine how I'd have been if this happened with my 'celebrity crush' (eww I do hate that phrase) a few years ago. Feeling jealous of his girlfriend is normal and as long as fans don't try to connect her then it's harmless really. I suspect he doesn't really expect his fans to like his girlfriend, but he's got to say it to dissuade people from abusing her which is too easy to do now.

Personally I would just enjoy the hurt. It's not real remember. You get to feel heartbreak without having to really experience it and that's kind of enjoyable to me. :dontknow: It's practice if nothing else.

Im not sure if youre being sarcastic or not.
Enjoy the hurt? Seriously?
Who was your celebrity crush?
it doesnt feel any less real to me than previous times when i was rejected. although i havent been technically "rejected" in this case the feeling is the same.
(edited 9 years ago)
Im not sure if youre being sarcastic or not.
Enjoy the hurt? Seriously?
Who was your celebrity crush?
it doesnt feel any less real to me than previous times when i was rejected. although i havent been technically "rejected" in this case the feeling is the same.

I'm not being sarcastic. I know how real it feels - I've been there. But ultimately I knew that I hadn't been hurt, I hadn't been rejected and there's something comforting in that. There's no fear involved like there is in real relationships. For years I didn't fancy anyone in real life so Alex Turner was my only way of experiencing those emotions. Maybe I'm just saying this because I'm not in that place atm and it seems a lot easier than the place I'm in now, but I always slightly enjoyed the melodrama.

Latest

Trending

Trending