The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by TheNoobishKnight
I may invest into a kindle again, returned the paper white as I used it only for manga lol. Does it scale properly? Mines was off scale :frown:.

Yeah, KCC has a few options regarding scale, you can set it so that it doesn't change the aspect ratio, lets you choose between splitting double-pages into two or having them display horizontally etc. Usually I can read pages fine without zooming, but when I do need to it's nice and easy. :yes:
Oh okay thanks buddy.

Anyone finish Gantz? Worst MANGA ENDING EVER!!!!!!!

1st 1/2 amazing, the last 1/2 completely ****ed it up.

:rofl: looks like i made the right choice in stopping :tongue:

i gave up around chapter 200 and something at the bit where

Spoiler

it just got sillier and sillier :no:
(edited 9 years ago)
Okabe Rintarou, one of my favorite anime characters of all time (watched the english dub). el psy congroo
Original post by tunde100
Okabe Rintarou, one of my favorite anime characters of all time (watched the english dub). el psy congroo

steins gate right? is it worth watching, heard its like sword art online but less action - a bit like log horizon?
Original post by harvingill
steins gate right? is it worth watching, heard its like sword art online but less action - a bit like log horizon?

its really good especially if you're into time travel, i haven't watched log horizon or sword art online. this starts off slow builds up tension as the story progress, non linear narrative interesting but can get confusing.
Reply 8245
Back in to Fairy Tail at the moment.
Original post by Kovu
Back in to Fairy Tail at the moment.

I completely withdrew from it once it stopped. Has it gotten any better now?
Original post by harvingill

Steins:gate is amazing, it's based of the Visual novel. I will tell you now, the japanese voice acting is what I consider one of the best of all time, and although I haven't watched the dub, I super highly recommend the sub. The voice actor is absolutely amazing in japanese.

It's an anime on a whole new level to sword art online lol. Much more tension with less action. I think it's one of those animes where you may actually have to think rather than just sit brain dead and just watch.
Original post by eugenius 8
:rofl: looks like i made the right choice in stopping :tongue:

i gave up around chapter 200 and something at the bit where

Spoiler

it just got sillier and sillier :no:

lol, I remember that. It had an amazing concept but the guy just completely messed it up. I think like sword art, they had an amazing start but skipped like 50 floor or something? I really wish they did it another way.
totally agree the whole concept is amazing when put it into context. it is actually loosely based off a real internet time travel forum ! john titor actually exists ( when in the fact there is someone who claimed to be from the future) and the organisation sern is real but is really called sern.
lol, I remember that. It had an amazing concept but the guy just completely messed it up. I think like sword art, they had an amazing start but skipped like 50 floor or something? I really wish they did it another way.

The author of the LNs is redoing the first arc of the series as he felt he squandered the potential of the first world of Sword Art Online. I think it's called SAO Progressive?
totally agree the whole concept is amazing when put it into context. it is actually loosely based off a real internet time travel forum ! john titor actually exists ( when in the fact there is someone who claimed to be from the future) and the organisation sern is real but is really called sern.

I know, that's what makes it so epic!

Original post by TroyAndAbed
The author of the LNs is redoing the first arc of the series as he felt he squandered the potential of the first world of Sword Art Online. I think it's called SAO Progressive?

Do you read light novels? I TBH haven't read any of them, though I remember a REALLY REALLY REALLY weird quote from the SAO one someone I know posted a long time ago lol. Thanks for the heads up anyway! :flip:
I abandoned my phone almost 2 weeks ago. I miss reading Manga or watching anime when I'm travelling lol
Do you read light novels? I TBH haven't read any of them, though I remember a REALLY REALLY REALLY weird quote from the SAO one someone I know posted a long time ago lol. Thanks for the heads up anyway! :flip:

No, light novels aren't really my thing. I might buy the Log Horizon ones though because I want a way to support the franchise as it's one of my favourites. :smile:
Original post by snoop_frog
anime society lol grow up nerds

Lol NEVER!!!

I only started watching it last year... I'm playing catch up :tongue:
jamaican guy watching anime ffs
No, light novels aren't really my thing. I might buy the Log Horizon ones though because I want a way to support the franchise as it's one of my favourites. :smile:

Is it for pre-order? I just saw it on amazon for 10 quid. I don't understand such high prices when stuff like a space odyssey 2001 is much cheaper for like literally 1p plus postage. I guess it's cause it from japan and import and other fees adds up, also as it's no way as popular as some of the other books. I wish they made a good price novels here, I would 100% buy them ALL!
Original post by snoop_frog
jamaican guy watching anime ffs

okay, deagle double g
Is it for pre-order? I just saw it on amazon for 10 quid. I don't understand such high prices when stuff like a space odyssey 2001 is much cheaper for like literally 1p plus postage. I guess it's cause it from japan and import and other fees adds up, also as it's no way as popular as some of the other books. I wish they made a good price novels here, I would 100% buy them ALL!

Light novels are really expensive because they have to translate an entire novel as opposed to just the dialogue like they do for manga so that's why I try and avoid LNs. Plus I can get manga for a good price because my local comic store has 3 for 2 on all manga so it's usually less than £5 per volume. :smile: It's pretty much the one time that an actual shop is a lot cheaper than Amazon. :tongue:
Light novels are really expensive because they have to translate an entire novel as opposed to just the dialogue like they do for manga so that's why I try and avoid LNs. Plus I can get manga for a good price because my local comic store has 3 for 2 on all manga so it's usually less than £5 per volume. :smile: It's pretty much the one time that an actual shop is a lot cheaper than Amazon. :tongue:

Oh, I guess I will visit a local comic store too. Pretty rare to find them around, in this day and age, especially in the UK.

Latest

Trending

Trending