The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Inevitable
Does anybody by any chance have the OCR A Physics G481: Mechanics paper (or mark scheme) from May 2014? If so, could you please upload it.

Much appreciated. :smile:

Trust me, you do not want that paper with the ostrich & density of wood hahaha :tongue:
Original post by XxKingSniprxX
Trust me, you do not want that paper with the ostrich & density of wood hahaha :tongue:

Ahhh and the dinosaur! Good times :')
Original post by Little Tail Chaser

I don't remember a dinosaur question, what was it about?
Original post by Red Fox

It was immediately after the ostrich one!

Something along the lines of, if the dinosaur was half of the size of the ostrich, what was its mass :tongue:
It was immediately after the ostrich one!

Something along the lines of, if the dinosaur was half of the size of the ostrich, what was its mass :tongue:

Oh yeah the prehistoric ancestor of the ostrich bit, that was a weird paper:curious:
(edited 9 years ago)

Original post by Red Fox

Sounds like quite a fun paper :lol:
Original post by Red Fox
Oh yeah the prehistoric ancestor of the ostrich bit, that was a pretty weird paper:curious:

Original post by Bude8

Bude you have no idea this paper is infamous now :rofl: .

Thing is, they weren't even hard questions :lol: The ostrich just threw people :lol:
Original post by Bude8

It's pretty weird to open a mechanics exam paper on to the first page and be greeted by a picture of an ostrich
Original post by Red Fox
It's pretty weird to open a mechanics exam paper on to the first page and be greeted by a picture of an ostrich

Lol if you had to model the ostrich as a particle :lol:

My mechanics knowledge is pretty bad :redface: thank god I won't be using it too much at university :redface:
Original post by Bude8
Lol if you had to model the ostrich as a particle :lol:

My mechanics knowledge is pretty bad :redface: thank god I won't be using it too much at university :redface:

The first question was just to work out the kinetic energy of the ostrich which I actually got wrong somehow, I'm blaming it on the ostrich.

Mechanics is great though, don't you do much?
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by Red Fox
The first question was just to work out the kinetic energy of the ostrich which I actually got wrong somehow, I'm blaming it on the ostrich.

Mechanics is great though, don't you do much?

We do some in Physics, pretty much none in Maths unless you count kinematics.

If you asked me about coefficient of restitution, I wouldn't be able to tell you what it is. Mechanics in Physics was mainly about net forces, resolving vectors, and we did some motion is fields; projectile motion, Kepler's 3rd Law etc.

It seems quite fun, but I really like the other bit of physics we're doing - especially the derivations of equations.
Original post by Red Fox

:lol: I just remember thinking 'this is the first question of my first of eleven exams... I know I'm not exactly feeling great but really, an ostrich?' :lolwut:
Original post by Bude8
We do some in Physics, pretty much none in Maths unless you count kinematics.

If you asked me about coefficient of restitution, I wouldn't be able to tell you what it is. Mechanics in Physics was mainly about net forces, resolving vectors, and we did some motion is fields; projectile motion, Kepler's 3rd Law etc.

It seems quite fun, but I really like the other bit of physics we're doing - especially the derivations of equations.

Coefficient of restitution is basically a coefficient for how bouncy a collision between two things is (1=elastic collision, if it's 0 they would just both stop).

Mechanics is fun but I'm beginning to like stats too.
Bude you have no idea this paper is infamous now :rofl: .

Thing is, they weren't even hard questions :lol: The ostrich just threw people :lol:

Original post by Bude8

Okay so I just started watching Parasyte and after 20 seconds some woman has her head eaten off:lol:, what have you gotten me into
Original post by Red Fox
Okay so I just started watching Parasyte and after 20 seconds some woman has her head eaten off:lol:, what have you gotten me into

allow it fam, will be more rewarding than Clannad
Original post by Bude8
allow it fam, will be more rewarding than Clannad

I like it, no messing around. Doubt it though, I love Clannad too much, it's almost unhealthy.
Original post by Red Fox
I like it, no messing around. Doubt it though, I love Clannad too much, it's almost unhealthy.

Maybe you should watch AnoHana at some point then - I heard it's a better tear jerker than Clannad! And it's only 12 episodes. :lol:
Original post by Bude8
Maybe you should watch AnoHana at some point then - I heard it's a better tear jerker than Clannad! And it's only 12 episodes. :lol:

Just watched an episode of SnQ

What the **** :tongue: :lol: I don't think I'll pursue this :tongue:
Original post by Bude8

Added it to my list although I refuse to believe it's a better tear jerker:tongue:
Just watched an episode of SnQ

What the **** :tongue: :lol: I don't think I'll pursue this :tongue:

I told you... like why did you even bother watching an episode... :lol:

Original post by Red Fox
Added it to my list although I refuse to believe it's a better tear jerker:tongue:

I don't know, but it's what I've heard :tongue: