The Student Room Group

2015 Compensation for Banking - MEGA THREAD

Hi all,

I think it would be very useful to have a thread that outlines the compensation packages this year. Obviously, hearing from people who have seen contracts would be best. To keep it structured, it would be best to use the following:

Firm:
Summer/Full-Time:
Division:
Sign-on:
Base:
Bonus range:

I'll kick it off...

Firm: RBS
Summer/Full-Time: Full Time
Division: Debt Capital Markets
Sign-on: £0
Base: £46,500
Bonus range: £0-£5000

All the best!
(edited 9 years ago)

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
How much does pay increase by each year? Would be interesting to find out
Reply 2
Original post by bob1002
How much does pay increase by each year? Would be interesting to find out

Not much in the last few years. Interestingly US based analysts got a 10% pay hike this year.
Reply 3
Original post by tamintl
Not much in the last few years. Interestingly US based analysts got a 10% pay hike this year.

I mean, after one/two years of working at the bank, will your pay not increase?
Reply 4
Original post by bob1002
I mean, after one/two years of working at the bank, will your pay not increase?

Ah ok. Yes it will, generally around 10% per year on base and 20% in bonus
Reply 5
http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=2395496&page=283&p=46883354&highlight=#post46883354

post 5655. I recognize that some of those figures are imprecise (CS is 45 also for s&T), but most of them are quite reliable. also some other guys posted something in the following posts.

my understanding is that base salary are very very close to each other across IB and AM (IB usually 45k, AM 38-40k). what makes the difference among firms is yearly and sign-on bonus, and to be honest this is where it becomes difficult to find reliable information and where people is more reluctant to publicly share them.
Summer figures for 2015 for IBD: (pro rata) that I know of:

JPM £42k
Nomura £45k
UBS £50k

Posted from TSR Mobile
I thought everyone, at least on IBD/S&T, got £50k these days?
Reply 8
Original post by Oschene23

JPM £42k
Nomura £45k
UBS £50k

Posted from TSR Mobile

are you 100% sure of the UBS figure?

Original post by CountInFives
I thought everyone, at least on IBD/S&T, got £50k these days?

as far as i know base salary is 45k almost everywhere for 1st year analyst in IB. obviously if you are including bonus the story changes.
Reply 9
Barclays is £50k pro-rated for Summer 2015
Original post by Freda49

Division?
(edited 9 years ago)
Reply 11
Original post by Freda49

Got any word on the signing bonus for full time?
Reply 12
Original post by Oschene23

JPM £42k
Nomura £45k
UBS £50k

Posted from TSR Mobile

Why is JPM so low?
Reply 13
Original post by Anonynous
Division?

IBD
Reply 14
Original post by tamintl
Got any word on the signing bonus for full time?

No idea. This is for summer analyst.
Original post by sertur91
are you 100% sure of the UBS figure?

as far as i know base salary is 45k almost everywhere for 1st year analyst in IB. obviously if you are including bonus the story changes.

Yep I'm sure.
Original post by tamintl
Why is JPM so low?

No idea.
Reply 17
Original post by tamintl
Why is JPM so low?

A lot of banks were 43-45k last year, but there's been some salary hikes this year for most banks in the US (JP Morgan included). It looks like the banks have different policies as to whether they're going to increase EMEA pay as well. We'll have to wait and see how it plays out.
Reply 18
Original post by Freda49
A lot of banks were 43-45k last year, but there's been some salary hikes this year for most banks in the US (JP Morgan included). It looks like the banks have different policies as to whether they're going to increase EMEA pay as well. We'll have to wait and see how it plays out.

I noticed that most banks upped their analyst pay in the US to $85,000 Base. It's really annoying how London hasn't done the same, period.

All it takes is one tier 1 bank to up it and all the others will follow. That's what happened in the US - BAML upped to 85 and everyone else followed like sheep. Hopefully it happens in the UK.
Reply 19
Original post by tamintl
I noticed that most banks upped their analyst pay in the US to $85,000 Base. It's really annoying how London hasn't done the same, period.

All it takes is one tier 1 bank to up it and all the others will follow. That's what happened in the US - BAML upped to 85 and everyone else followed like sheep. Hopefully it happens in the UK.

Well Barclays has already upped from 43k to 50k, so it'll be pretty interesting if the rest of the banks follow. Saying that, this is just for interns. As of a few weeks ago, the full timers hadn't heard anything. But I agree, if there's enough of a critical mass, they'll all be forced to follow.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending