The Student Room Group

Received conditional offer - no predicted grades were provided in the form

I've just received a conditional offer from the Uni of Manchester. I'm a EU student.

This offer is subject to me obtaining overall 6.5 at the IELTS exam AND obtaining [insert grades here] at the [insert qualification/exam here]

But here is the twist: I added my qualifications and grades to the UCAS form, I won't be taking any exams beside IELTS. I am concerned because they require me to take Chemistry Baccalaureate as a condition to enter the course, but I've already took Organic chemistry and there is no way to take that exam again, it was almost 2 years ago. My UCAS application doesn't provide any predicted grades. What's happening?

Did the admission tutor miss something? I'm afraid I'll lose my offer :frown:

Please provide some reassurance that it's common practice to list entry requirements when offering conditional place.

I got other offers too, but those only mention the English language test as conditions.
(edited 9 years ago)
Reply 1
Original post by TmGee
I've just received a conditional offer from the Uni of Manchester. I'm a EU student.

This offer is subject to me obtaining overall 6.5 at the IELTS exam AND obtaining [insert grades here] at the [insert qualification/exam here]

But here is the twist: I added my qualifications and grades to the UCAS form, I won't be taking any exams beside IELTS. I am concerned because they require me to take Chemistry Baccalaureate as a condition to enter the course, but I've already took Organic chemistry and there is no way to take that exam again, it was almost 2 years ago. My UCAS application doesn't provide any predicted grades. What's happening?

Did the admission tutor miss something? I'm afraid I'll lose my offer :frown:

Please provide some reassurance that it's common practice to list entry requirements when offering conditional place.

I got other offers too, but those only mention the English language test as conditions.

Don't worry, it's common practice. My conditional offers have listed their requirements for me at AAB from 3 A-levels, so I don't think you have to worry much.
Reply 2
I'm glad to read that, thanks. I'm so stressed these days, cannot even celebrate without having a constant "but what if" in my mind.
Original post by TmGee
I'm glad to read that, thanks. I'm so stressed these days, cannot even celebrate without having a constant "but what if" in my mind.

The only people who can settle your mind are the admissions tutors at Manchester, so contact them for the definitive right answer.
Reply 4
Original post by Carnationlilyrose
The only people who can settle your mind are the admissions tutors at Manchester, so contact them for the definitive right answer.

Thanks for the reply. I'll do that. :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending