The Student Room Group

What's the most stupid/funniest/embarrassing thing you did during freshers?

Mine was we had been out to the union and then to a flat party and I was a little drunk. I was walking to my flat when I saw a boy in my block drop his lighter so I went to pick it up for him and as I did I fell (yes I literally fell for him!) never felt so stupid in my life.

Your turn :biggrin:

Scroll to see replies

Fell over, ripped my leggings and grazed my knee when I hadn't even had a drink
Accidently dropped onto the lap of an older Phd student at the student bar and went utterly embarrassed, he was smiling too which made it akward:redface:
Killed myself
Reply 4
None of these things are particularly embarrassing :s-smilie:
Since I'm from London I was basically the go to guy for directions around town for the first few weeks. People wanted to go to somewhere just off the Commercial Road, in my drunken confusion I somehow felt I needed to bring everyone to Clapham Common which is absolutely miles away. Absolute moment of horror when I realised...
Reply 6
Original post by Arkasia
None of these things are particularly embarrassing :s-smilie:

They didn't have to be just embarrassing... although it is kinda embarrassing seeing the person you fell in front of every day... plus other things happened too so maybe that's why I feel all uncomfortable when I see him.
I didn't really enjoy my freshers week or get particularly involved in it, but lots of other people did. There's a "who pulled who" facebook page for the university and embarrassing pictures often end up there after nights out.

You get the typical drunken nights out, not much else. But two people ended up naked on stage in the SU bar during an event just after freshers week. They did something called "iron stomach" which was an eating competition for the must disgusting things imaginable, and they had to take clothes off at some stages (first it was the shirt, then the trousers, etc.) The final two survivors were the ones who ended up naked.
Reply 8
Original post by kayleighisonfire
Mine was we had been out to the union and then to a flat party and I was a little drunk. I was walking to my flat when I saw a boy in my block drop his lighter so I went to pick it up for him and as I did I fell (yes I literally fell for him!) never felt so stupid in my life.

Your turn :biggrin:

Bless!!!
Reply 9
When I told everyone I'm on TSR and my username.
Reply 10
They didn't have to be just embarrassing... although it is kinda embarrassing seeing the person you fell in front of every day... plus other things happened too so maybe that's why I feel all uncomfortable when I see him.

You love him really don't you Kayleigh!
Reply 11
Original post by Wimbs
You love him really don't you Kayleigh!

Nah but he seems nice
Reply 12
The most embarrassing I did was scam these other freshers out of £100s from their loans
Reply 13
I wasn't that bad during freshers, although I did do the splits in a club and jar my knee and couldn't walk for a week. I've been far worse since i.e. pulling a boy going back to him, doing a bus of shame home. I passed out on the bus on the way home and made everyone late to uni and the bus driver rang an ambulance for me. That was awkward
Reply 14
Original post by The Juan
The most embarrassing I did was scam these other freshers out of £100s from their loans

How'd you do that?
Went into the city centre to get a feel for the place, tried to get back and ended up getting lost and going to both campuses of Hallam. This would be fine but I'm a Uni of Sheffield student, got some free stuff though because they were having their freshers fair :smile:
(edited 9 years ago)
Reply 16
Original post by Helloworld_95
Went into the city centre to get a feel for the place, tried to get back and ended up going to both campuses of Hallam. This would be fine but I'm a Uni of Sheffield student, got some free stuff though because they were having their freshers fair :smile:

Who do you think you are stealing stuff from our freshers fair? :wink: Nah I don't care I didn't like it really and the queue was huge!
Goyta girls number sent her message the next day.....she didn't remeber me :,(
(edited 9 years ago)
Who do you think you are stealing stuff from our freshers fair? :wink: Nah I don't care I didn't like it really and the queue was huge!

Haha well it was just the stuff people were giving out outside so nothing that great, and you could just crash ours next year to get revenge for my thievery :wink:

The only reason the queue is so big is because of the free pizza, take that away and I don't think anyone would bother going.
Reply 19
How'd you do that?

I set up a betting thing that took advantage of people when they were drunk

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending