The Student Room Group

First Girl Breakup

Basically I broke up with this girl a couple of months ago because I like space to myself, She was always texting me saying "What you doing?" and stuff like that and if I was at work I would read the message but not reply because I was busy and she would get annoyed at that. She would always want to be invited out with my friends that she eventually got too close too for my liking.

The thing is I still have feelings for her and would like to be with her but she has to be more independent and find her own friends. It sounds silly but I don't want her to always be saying yes when I ask to do something. I want her to have friends to go out with.

She has a problem with understanding that I only enjoy going out drinking with my friends and not with her because I only have to worry about myself. She gets very drunk and I don't like seeing that or dealing with it.
... and?

Does she have other friends?
Reply 2
She has other friends but never seem to invite her out
Original post by Anonymous
She has a problem with understanding that I only enjoy going out drinking with my friends and not with her because I only have to worry about myself. She gets very drunk and I don't like seeing that or dealing with it.

You sound like a bit of an inconsiderate tosser to be fair.
Reply 4
Original post by Momma's Kumquat
You sound like a bit of an inconsiderate tosser to be fair.

Don't quite understand why it does?
Reply 5
A partner who is giving herself to you and a bit of "obsessive" towards you is something good (showing how much she loves you).

Be more logical and put yourself in her shoes.

Any way, you broke up with her, things are more complicated (talking about trust and bond) and well it is up to you of how much commitment you want to be involved in a relationship (just make them clear). Make sure to not regret your decision by being honest, respectful and considerate anytime...1
Did you talk to her about any of this or did you just break up with her?
Because if you'd just talked to her about how you felt she may have toned it down a little. She might have moved on by now anyway?
Erm, you forgot to anon there OP.

Anyway, do any of your friends have girlfriends? If so, maybe go on double dates, then hope she and your friends' girlfriends like each other enough to start going with each other on girls' nights out :smile:
You're not even that special OP, calm down. You've done the girl a favour.
Reply 9
Sounds like she can do better, let her find someone who appreciates her.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending