The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

No wonder why this thing was taken down previously!
I don't know Sophie in person, I don't know Ben in person; they're close to fictional.
What's wrong with being an award winning director, attendant of a good school and speaker of languages- this deduces one thing- she's intelligent, likes to travel, and creative. Which is a lovely attribute! She might be high middle classer (so is Ben), but that system is old fashioned; and anyone can now apply for Oxbridge, as long as having decent grades.
This is frantic! You're jealous of person who you don't know, and who would dislike you (for all we know- he loathes simple minded "fangirls") and is into "educated women"..
Give him a life, if you really like him you would accept that he picked good match and wish him luck. That is what everyone decent does. You are proving your immaturity here.
Original post by ArtGoblin
I'm not being sarcastic. I know how real it feels - I've been there. But ultimately I knew that I hadn't been hurt, I hadn't been rejected and there's something comforting in that. There's no fear involved like there is in real relationships. For years I didn't fancy anyone in real life so Alex Turner was my only way of experiencing those emotions. Maybe I'm just saying this because I'm not in that place atm and it seems a lot easier than the place I'm in now, but I always slightly enjoyed the melodrama.

but then if you havent been really rejected, isn't it always a case of "what if?" which could make the feeling worse? not saying that i thought i stood a chance with him but still.
youre probably saying it now, i doubt you enjoyed the "melodrama" at the time. i know im not enjoying it and would give my left arm not to be feeling this way.
Original post by Citipati
No wonder why this thing was taken down previously!
I don't know Sophie in person, I don't know Ben in person; they're close to fictional.
What's wrong with being an award winning director, attendant of a good school and speaker of languages- this deduces one thing- she's intelligent, likes to travel, and creative. Which is a lovely attribute! She might be high middle classer (so is Ben), but that system is old fashioned; and anyone can now apply for Oxbridge, as long as having decent grades.
This is frantic! You're jealous of person who you don't know, and who would dislike you (for all we know- he loathes simple minded "fangirls") and is into "educated women"..
Give him a life, if you really like him you would accept that he picked good match and wish him luck. That is what everyone decent does. You are proving your immaturity here.

It deduces one thing: that she comes from the appropriate i.e. privileged background that would allow her to develop these attributes and be successful as an artist.
youre pretty quick to jump to the conclusion that he would dislike me. why would you say that? you dont know me. he probably wouldn't "like" me but its hard to imagine Benedict actually disliking anyone, dont you think? the fans who have met him say he is appreciative and humble.
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by sherlockfan
It deduces one thing: that she comes from the appropriate i.e. privileged background that would allow her to develop these attributes and be successful as an artist.
youre pretty quick to jump to the conclusion that he would dislike me. why would you say that? you dont know me. he probably wouldn't "like" me but its hard to imagine Benedict actually disliking anyone, dont you think? the fans who have met him say he is appreciative and humble.

You're quicker with conclusions, saying that you know what people think about you- without you knowing them.
Also- coming from a priviliaged background is not only way to become an artist- I am a daughter of immigrants. But secured a place in good Uni, wrote few screenplays, a novel that I plan to publish and digital artist with 200, 000 of gallery hits.
Ben said he's looking for person who wouldn't know him from "Sherlock"; and I presume you didn't know he existed before the BBC show,
I feel sorry that this thread has now landed in this sub-forum and unfortunately hasn't been deleted (again).

You're all in for a long, repetitive slog with Sherlockfan. No matter what you say, you're wrong and Sophie is not right for Cumberfack.
(edited 9 years ago)
You're quicker with conclusions, saying that you know what people think about you- without you knowing them.
Also- coming from a priviliaged background is not only way to become an artist- I am a daughter of immigrants. But secured a place in good Uni, wrote few screenplays, a novel that I plan to publish and digital artist with 200, 000 of gallery hits.
Ben said he's looking for person who wouldn't know him from "Sherlock"; and I presume you didn't know he existed before the BBC show,

i dont know when or where I said that. i dont think i did.
it may not be the only way to become an artist but it sure helps. who is to say what she would have achieved if she came from a working class family. she'd probably be a checkout assistant or something.
i dont remember Ben saying that either, but in any case you're wrong. I first saw him on Have I Got News for You. i didnt even watch the series when it first came out in 2011 as I thought i wouldn't like it.
(edited 9 years ago)
bump.
bump.

Do you have any plans on how you're going to get over this?
Original post by TheWaffle
Do you have any plans on how you're going to get over this?

what would you suggest?
Sherlockfan, it amazes and saddens me how your responses to non-issues manage to be so hostile as to lose the support you once received :frown:
I hate to say it but I think the problem is that if you let go of this thread you'll have to find something else to preoccupy your time, possibly not even Sherlock-related...which for whatever reason is difficult for you. This is why your responses come across so 'whiney'; you're deliberately being stubborn to cling on to it a few hours longer. through an obtuse point of the argument.

I sympathise with that, since I struggle with it myself (I should be in bed ffs). But ultimately 3 threads on the same story is obsessive, and you haven't learned anything n the other 2 threads that you didn't already know or find out in the first. (Please contradict me if you have?)
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by Smash Bandicoot
I hate to say it but I think the problem is that if you let go of this thread you'll have to find something else to preoccupy your time, possibly not even Sherlock-related...which for whatever reason is difficult for you. This is why your responses come across so 'whiney'; you're deliberately being stubborn to cling on to it a few hours longer. through an obtuse point of the argument.

I sympathise with that, since I struggle with it myself (I should be in bed ffs). But ultimately 3 threads on the same story is obsessive, and you haven't learned anything n the other 2 threads that you didn't already know or find out in the first. (Please contradict me if you have?)

I meant for this thread to be less about how brokenhearted I am and more about Benedict, but people will bring the discussion from the deleted thread on here and try to disparage me, which is not my fault. and my thread got deleted for stupid reasons in the first place, the mod said i could write it again in this section. If i sound defensive with someone it's for a reason. I never start any arguments.
(edited 9 years ago)
I meant for this thread to be less about how brokenhearted I am and more about Benedict, but people will bring the discussion from the deleted thread on here and try to disparage me, which is not my fault. and my thread got deleted for stupid reasons in the first place, the mod said i could write it again in this section.

oh sorry, thought you requested their deletion?

Well, I guess (as I said in the last 2 threads) the responses boil down to

1) Good for them
2) Is that that guy who plays Sherlock on BBC?
3) Didn't know he had a missus, she must be a gem
4) *fangirls swoon* 'mfw I heard the news :frown:'
5) 'he looks like a sweet potato' :troll face:
6) tabloid celebrity drivel, who gives a ****?
7) why do you care so much Sherlockfan?
8) OP you sound well jealous/bitter, get over it
9) *insert Martin Freeman/Watson joke here* NO JOKE TSR? I AM DISAPPOINT

etc.

we encountered the majority of these debating points in the original thread so all avenues of discussion on a relatively insular topic have been taken. :/
oh sorry, thought you requested their deletion?

Well, I guess (as I said in the last 2 threads) the responses boil down to

1) Good for them
2) Is that that guy who plays Sherlock on BBC?
3) Didn't know he had a missus, she must be a gem
4) *fangirls swoon* 'mfw I heard the news :frown:'
5) 'he looks like a sweet potato' :troll face:
6) tabloid celebrity drivel, who gives a ****?
7) why do you care so much Sherlockfan?
8) OP you sound well jealous/bitter, get over it
9) *insert Martin Freeman/Watson joke here* NO JOKE TSR? I AM DISAPPOINT

etc.

we encountered the majority of these debating points in the original thread so all avenues of discussion on a relatively insular topic have been taken. :/

of course not, otherwise why would i have made it again?
given your track record i hardly think you can criticize someone for making the same thread twice.
of course not, otherwise why would i have made it again?
given your track record i hardly think you can criticize someone for making the same thread twice.

because the first 2 disintegrated into abuse. Originally I thought this was an abridged version of the last thread, then realised it had been moved to a new section…

Let's not bring up myself, I'm trying to help you here. Even if the thread is less about how you feel and more about the news…it's fairly self-explanatory, short and sweet news mate :/
That's called getting news late (it was announced in Times good three weeks ago); I think the pregnancy report was falsified- because if the info was factual- news would spread like disease.

OP this was your cue to end the conversation

This annoys me :

http://www.mirror.co.uk/tv/tv-news/benedict-cumberbatch-if-fans-like-4680998

i dont want to have to "like" her, i dont want to see her at every single event where he is present

OP this is you discussing how broken-hearted you are despite denying intentions to.

Just making you aware of the problems in where the thread was going from as early as post 2/as late as first half of page 1.
Right I feel like I've lurked this particular topic enough and I'll have to try to avoid it myself in future for both our sake. Just imo let sleeping dogs lie, who knows they may break up? :biggrin:

Night :smile: x
Right I feel like I've lurked this particular topic enough and I'll have to try to avoid it myself in future for both our sake. Just imo let sleeping dogs lie, who knows they may break up? :biggrin:

Night :smile: x

fingers crossed.
OP this was your cue to end the conversation

OP this is you discussing how broken-hearted you are despite denying intentions to.

Just making you aware of the problems in where the thread was going from as early as post 2/as late as first half of page 1.

it was just a point for discussion.
i posted on your other thread about AMA celebrity. i'd be interested to know what youd ask benedict cumberbatch as you mentioned him in your op, but i'm going to bed now.
it was just a point for discussion.
i posted on your other thread about AMA celebrity. i'd be interested to know what youd ask benedict cumberbatch as you mentioned him in your op, but i'm going to bed now.

nanight fella!

Latest

Trending

Trending