The Student Room Group

Swansea GEM (A101) Applicants 2015

Scroll to see replies

Reply 280
Is anyone else planning on staying in Swansea the night before their interview?
Reply 281
Original post by LNV
Is anyone else planning on staying in Swansea the night before their interview?

I plan to yh. Probably the travel lodge or something. :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 282
I didn't get their admission numbers tho after interview. The man in the presentation in the morning goes we will be giving out 130 offers out of just under 300 interviewees and then the lady next to him goes the number of students in the year will total to around 72. I presumed by 130 offers they meant, that around 60 of them dont end up selecting swansea as their 1st choice so that opens up an extra 60 offers?!?! I was totally confused at that bit!
Reply 283
Original post by azrim
I didn't get their admission numbers tho after interview. The man in the presentation in the morning goes we will be giving out 130 offers out of just under 300 interviewees and then the lady next to him goes the number of students in the year will total to around 72. I presumed by 130 offers they meant, that around 60 of them dont end up selecting swansea as their 1st choice so that opens up an extra 60 offers?!?! I was totally confused at that bit!

Yh the extra offers are due to either people not selecting Swansea or them not achieving a 2i in their degree.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 284
Heya :smile: anyone have their interview on Thursday? I'm staying overnight at the Mercure Swansea the night before and will be driving to the university in the morning if anyone would like a lift.
Reply 285
Good luck today :smile: let us know how it goes!
Reply 286
Best of luck Mia! You'll knock it out the park :wink:
I am a current 2nd year student on the Swansea GEM course. Seeing all you guys dressed smartly as i walked into the building brings back memories of a very nerve racking day. Good luck to all those interviewing and do not panic too much if you don't get a firm offer straight away. I didn't get an interview during January, got wait listed and then got an interview during April. Got wait listed again and then after another long 3 week wait got the phone call inviting me in. Good luck again.
Reply 288
Original post by Jeffers87
I am a current 2nd year student on the Swansea GEM course. Seeing all you guys dressed smartly as i walked into the building brings back memories of a very nerve racking day. Good luck to all those interviewing and do not panic too much if you don't get a firm offer straight away. I didn't get an interview during January, got wait listed and then got an interview during April. Got wait listed again and then after another long 3 week wait got the phone call inviting me in. Good luck again.

I am currently on the train from London to Swansea now, and feeling like everything is against me, its great to hear somebody who got in :smile: Can I assume then that Swansea gave out a lot of offers soon after the interviews then?
I can only go by what i know from the 2nd lot of interviews they held in April but in the evening after the interviews i received a phone call from Dr Philips saying that unfortunately after they had allocated places from the interviews that day that left me still on the waiting list. She did say i was next but after speaking to a few of the other students that made it through from that second interview day (probably 4/5 of us) she may have said that to a few people.
Original post by BD7391
I am currently on the train from London to Swansea now, and feeling like everything is against me, its great to hear somebody who got in :smile: Can I assume then that Swansea gave out a lot of offers soon after the interviews then?

Last year they came out in one big batch around late March followed by a few offers later the next month if I remember right. Following that the uni slowly worked through until the magic number 72 was reached. Swansea Medicine FB page shows what happened last year, they broke the numbers down so people understood (to a degree) what was going on regarding waiting list etc..

Good luck tomorrow!
Reply 291
From what they said at the open day this year, I would expect them to use a similar system to last year's. They seemed a lot more critical of their approach a few years ago where they told people as soon as possible and called them up, they seemed much happier with the arrangements last year.
Hope today and yesterday's interviews went well, and good luck for those tomorrow!
I'm sorting out my travel home and was wondering what sort of time the day finishes? I know they wouldn't say our individual interview times but a rough idea would be good!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by buttoned.up
Hope today and yesterday's interviews went well, and good luck for those tomorrow!
I'm sorting out my travel home and was wondering what sort of time the day finishes? I know they wouldn't say our individual interview times but a rough idea would be good!

It depends on what time your interview is: some people had 1:30 interviews, and finished by 2:15ish. The last batch of interviews started at 4:15, so wouldn't have finished until around 5. Best bet is to either be flexible with your travel plans, or just assume you'll be there until 5. :smile:
Reply 294
Met someone today who interviewed at SGUL and is travelling to Swansea, tonight, for an interview tomorrow. Equally those of you interviewing at SGUL after Swansea, you crazy :eek:
Any chance you are willing to shed some more light on the essay?
I'm interviewing on the 29th in SGUL for a 30th interview in swansea haha
Original post by chrisbontnewydd
It depends on what time your interview is: some people had 1:30 interviews, and finished by 2:15ish. The last batch of interviews started at 4:15, so wouldn't have finished until around 5. Best bet is to either be flexible with your travel plans, or just assume you'll be there until 5. :smile:

So what time are we supposed to get there? I have 10am in my head but might just be imagining it? Do you get given your interview time after the presentation at the start? and if your interview is late you're basically left to your own devices around swansea to fill the day? hmm
Reply 298
Original post by Rosser1994
I'm interviewing on the 29th in SGUL for a 30th interview in swansea haha

I shall be seeing you on the 30th :wink: SGUL is like nothing else.

Original post by ceciafb
So what time are we supposed to get there? I have 10am in my head but might just be imagining it? Do you get given your interview time after the presentation at the start? and if your interview is late you're basically left to your own devices around swansea to fill the day? hmm

I remember them saying you are welcome to walk around Swansea uni if your interview is later. I would imagine they give you a time after the written task, sounded like everyone did that at the same time.
Original post by Zorg
I shall be seeing you on the 30th :wink: SGUL is like nothing else.

I remember them saying you are welcome to walk around Swansea uni if your interview is later. I would imagine they give you a time after the written task, sounded like everyone did that at the same time.

What's up with SQUL? I'm worried now :wink:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending