The Student Room Group

Has anyone ever failed a year of BTEC...

...because they didn't get a Pass in their core units??
Reply 1
lil'diva
...because they didn't get a Pass in their core units??

I saw someone fail their first year. Dunno why though...
Yeah a couple of people at my college did.
Reply 3
My friend got kicked out for not doing them.
Reply 4
About half of the people on my course when I did one failed or got degraded onto a 'Certificate' instead.
Half the people on my course dropped out or failed for one reason or another. My classmate who went through the whole two years didn't get anything since he thought it would be a walk in the park like his GCSE's were. Most people we're overwhelmed with the workload or struggled to much with the programming units. Since we weren't really taught and we were doing certain tasks for the first time a lot of people struggled.

Out of around 23 people 8 finished the course.
It depends what course you do I think.

I did BTEC nat dip health and social care and got DDM. Everyone who did the course (as far as i know -- there were 24 of us) passed the course with at least PPP.
Reply 7
I think everyone in my class who lasted the whole 1st year (i'm not counting the people who decided to drop out during the year) have got some sort of pass whether a low one or alot of D, noone in my class who lasted the year failed "academically". People failed in my class, but those are the ones who just decided to leave and got sick of the BTEC course.
My friend got kicked out for not doing them.

:ditto:
My friend was really good at Art getting D's and stuff but dropped out because of a boy *sigh*.
Reply 10
I dont think BTECS are hard when you think of it we don't have to go through stress of exams like A Level Students although on other hand we do have to juggle theory and practical side of course which can be difficult i'am currently on my second year of an nd media i've had ups and downs but in all its my ticket to University not gonna give up.
Marcollo
I dont think BTECS are hard when you think of it we don't have to go through stress of exams like A Level Students although on other hand we do have to juggle theory and practical side of course which can be difficult i'am currently on my second year of an nd media i've had ups and downs but in all its my ticket to University not gonna give up.

Both my courses had exams on them but my year was the last year to have the exams.
Reply 12
have u applied for university ?
Marcollo
have u applied for university ?

Yeah I have.
Reply 14
What have u applied for iam doing Media and Cultural Studies and which unis are u hopping to get in to for your course
Reply 15
my best friend failed nearly every unit, they kicked him off the course after like half a year then he just did the cerificate instead i think. :snow::snow::snow::snow: load of people on my course have dropped out as well because they failed core unit, seems a waste really when in my college they give you loads of support to at least pass a unit.
your a lose cause
Your mum's a lost cause!
Original post by bob696969696969
your a lose cause

Correction:
* You're a lost cause.

It's nice to know that you have difficulty insulting people.:tongue:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending