The Student Room Group

Do I leave out BTEC on UCAS? URGENT!

ok here's the situation.

i didn't get into my uni choices (UCL, Queen Mary) back in August for linguistics and instead of going through clearing, decided to retake two A2 courses for the next year (English lang + lit and politics; not retaking sociology)

I had to pick up an additional 1 year BTEC interactive media course so the college would let me enrol.

do I include this media course on my ucas? will included in my offer? if I don't do well on it, or even fail it, will it hinder my chances or will my unis only care about my a level grades? (I'm aiming for russel groups)

it's just that I've not been paying any care towards it and hope I'm not being silly by doing that..
Reply 1
Original post by S4LM4N
ok here's the situation.

i didn't get into my uni choices (UCL, Queen Mary) back in August for linguistics and instead of going through clearing, decided to retake two A2 courses for the next year (English lang + lit and politics; not retaking sociology)

I had to pick up an additional 1 year BTEC interactive media course so the college would let me enrol.

do I include this media course on my ucas? will included in my offer? if I don't do well on it, or even fail it, will it hinder my chances or will my unis only care about my a level grades? (I'm aiming for russel groups)

it's just that I've not been paying any care towards it and hope I'm not being silly by doing that..

is it Level 3?
Reply 2
Original post by yt7777
is it Level 3?

Hey, thanks for replying. Yes it's level 3 Creative Media Production BTEC QCF certificate. Its a one year course I'm doing not 2.
Reply 3
Original post by S4LM4N
Hey, thanks for replying. Yes it's level 3 Creative Media Production BTEC QCF certificate. Its a one year course I'm doing not 2.

I assume it is 3 modules? then yeah definitely put it down s that is the equivalent of having another AS level and wont be part of your offer because you will already have your 3 secondyear grades from other subjects but if you slightly missed the offer they could take it into consideration as it is level 3 and therefore holds UCAS points

hope this helps :smile:
Reply 4
Original post by yt7777
I assume it is 3 modules? then yeah definitely put it down s that is the equivalent of having another AS level and wont be part of your offer because you will already have your 3 secondyear grades from other subjects but if you slightly missed the offer they could take it into consideration as it is level 3 and therefore holds UCAS points

hope this helps :smile:

ahh ok thanks so much :biggrin: so if I get good grades for my A2s and do poorly in my BTEC, would it affect me in any way?
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by S4LM4N
ahh ok thanks so much :biggrin: so if I get good grades for my A2s and do poorly in my BTEC, would it affect me in any way?

You should care about all your subjects regardless of whether they are important. Think it through. If a person with the same A level and GCSE grades as you applied to the same uni and they did brilliant on their Media BTEc and you did poorly who do you think will get through? Well of course the peron who did brilliantly in their Media Btec. I suggest you pull your sucks up.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending