The Student Room Group

Proof that women CAN rape men.

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Schrödingers Cat
Whenever there is a case of a woman raping a man all you hear is ''oh but woman can't rape men'' or '' the law says woman legally can't rape men''

I'm fairly certain that if a woman inserts a penetrative object into a man without his consent this is legally rape.

More to the point this article although three years old shows that it is perfectly possible for a woman to rape a man:

http://metro.co.uk/2011/07/13/robber-viktor-jasinski-used-for-sex-slavery-by-beauty-salon-owner-olga-zajac-75008/

What do you think?

If you were the man would you feel violated?

I've always thought a woman could rape a man... I'm sure strap ons count
Original post by Drunk Punx
That example's a bit awkward because technically it's not her penetrating him unwantedly, it's her forcing him to penetrate her unwantedly. Which, granted, is still forced sex. I'm not sure where this post is going, just wanted to point out that technicality.

I suppose a woman raping a man (up the botty) would be classed as sodomy rather than rape, which is all kinds of messed up as if the roles were reversed it would definitely count as anal rape and not sodomy.

The problem is that technicalities in the law aside, many people perceive there to be a massive societal attitude disparity between sexual crimes against men and crimes against women.

Then again when my girlfriend is feeling especially 'girl power' or whatever, she likes to talk as if no rape by a man against a woman ever has ever been prosecuted and so forth.

We need a shift in attitudes that ensure that the sanctity of all people's 'personal space and safety' is respected but we also have to be honest that men frankly on average have more strength and more power via 'possessing the tool' to dictate forced sexual encounters.

That doesn't make men being drugged/restrained and abused any less harmful and traumatic to them, but there is this unshifting under-current in society that men simply have more power to fight off a sexual assault, as well as the machismo suggesting all men should really be happy to 'get any'.

Ah well.
Original post by Comus
In English law women can be convicted of rape by means of 'joint enterprise', though they couldn't be convicted in the 'normal' sense (they can however be convicted of sexual assault which IIRC carries a shorter maximum sentence). In California, where - as far as I'm aware - the incident took place, the legal definition of rape is wider and more inclusive and so women can be convicted of rape.
Personally, I would recommend the following legal definition:

also: http://www.theguardian.com/commentisfree/2014/dec/02/shia-labeouf-sexual-violence-male-victims

ahh, thanks for that, I was clarified by another poster too :smile:

and kudos for the article; note how divisive they are on the matter however
I haven't even looked at it and I can tell you that it doesn't prove it; the only definition of rape that matters is the definition in the eyes of the law, and in the UK that means that a woman cannot rape a man since, last I checked, women don't have penises and penetration by a penis is explicitly stated as a requirement.
Original post by abbiemac

Nah would be sexual assault with an object, lesser than full blown rape. (which is still odd, as for example you using your fist, a bat, a pipe etc would be sexual assault not rape, but would surely be more likely to cause physical harm than a penis, suppose its more other factors like passing of STD's, pregnancy risk for woman, the fact its actual sex etc. Not sure how much sentencing would end up differing on prison time).
Original post by joey11223
Nah would be sexual assault with an object, lesser than full blown rape. (which is still odd, as for example you using your fist, a bat, a pipe etc would be sexual assault not rape, but would surely be more likely to cause physical harm than a penis, suppose its more other factors like passing of STD's, pregnancy risk for woman, the fact its actual sex etc. Not sure how much sentencing would end up differing on prison time).

Aaah okay then... idk :confused: seeing as I've never intended on raping a guy, I haven't read that much into it
Original post by Studentus-anonymous
The problem is that technicalities in the law aside, many people perceive there to be a massive societal attitude disparity between sexual crimes against men and crimes against women.

Then again when my girlfriend is feeling especially 'girl power' or whatever, she likes to talk as if no rape by a man against a woman ever has ever been prosecuted and so forth.

We need a shift in attitudes that ensure that the sanctity of all people's 'personal space and safety' is respected but we also have to be honest that men frankly on average have more strength and more power via 'possessing the tool' to dictate forced sexual encounters.

That doesn't make men being drugged/restrained and abused any less harmful and traumatic to them, but there is this unshifting under-current in society that men simply have more power to fight off a sexual assault, as well as the machismo suggesting all men should really be happy to 'get any'.

Ah well.

Agree :h:
Aaah okay then... idk :confused: seeing as I've never intended on raping a guy, I haven't read that much into it

Sure you haven't :sexface:

Hehe, indeed
Original post by Jammy Duel
I haven't even looked at it and I can tell you that it doesn't prove it; the only definition of rape that matters is the definition in the eyes of the law, and in the UK that means that a woman cannot rape a man since, last I checked, women don't have penises and penetration by a penis is explicitly stated as a requirement.

Never heard of a shemale?
Never heard of a shemale?

At best, ambiguously defined in the binary system as far as the law is concerned, somewhat arbitrary to my knowledge.
The law on rape is heavily tiled towards females, but if you ever suggest that, from stating that women can rape too or people should not be named before they are charged, you're like really sexist and suppressing women.

If anything the law being so protective of women might be a reflection of the society back in the days seeing women as men's properties and thus should be protected at all costs.
Reply 52
Whenever there is a case of a woman raping a man all you hear is ''oh but woman can't rape men'' or '' the law says woman legally can't rape men''

I'm fairly certain that if a woman inserts a penetrative object into a man without his consent this is legally rape.

More to the point this article although three years old shows that it is perfectly possible for a woman to rape a man:

http://metro.co.uk/2011/07/13/robber-viktor-jasinski-used-for-sex-slavery-by-beauty-salon-owner-olga-zajac-75008/

What do you think?

You can't prove a woman can rape a man because under english law it is not possible, I'm not sure how many times you have to tell people this.

Just to clarify in case someone else hasn't the legal definition of rape in English law is:

"1-(1) A person (A) commits an offence if—
(a) he intentionally penetrates the vagina, anus or mouth of another person (B) with his penis,
(b) B does not consent to the penetration, and
(c) A does not reasonably believe that B consents.
(2) Whether a belief is reasonable is to be determined having regard to all the circumstances, including any steps A has taken to ascertain whether B consents.
(3) Sections 75 and 76 apply to an offence under this section.
(4) A person guilty of an offence under this section is liable, on conviction on indictment, to imprisonment for life."

- as per section 1 of the Sexual Offences Act 2003

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Wade-
You can't prove a woman can rape a man because under english law it is not possible, I'm not sure how many times you have to tell people this.

Just to clarify in case someone else hasn't the legal definition of rape in English law is:

"1-(1) A person (A) commits an offence if—
(a) he intentionally penetrates the vagina, anus or mouth of another person (B) with his penis,
(b) B does not consent to the penetration, and
(c) A does not reasonably believe that B consents.
(2) Whether a belief is reasonable is to be determined having regard to all the circumstances, including any steps A has taken to ascertain whether B consents.
(3) Sections 75 and 76 apply to an offence under this section.
(4) A person guilty of an offence under this section is liable, on conviction on indictment, to imprisonment for life."

- as per section 1 of the Sexual Offences Act 2003

Posted from TSR Mobile

Yes I know read the other posts

What do you think?

In the UK a woman can not be convicted of physically raping a man.
Original post by Balloon Baboon
In the UK a woman can not be convicted of physically raping a man.

This case happened in russia
This case happened in russia

So not the UK, then? :biggrin:
Original post by Balloon Baboon
So not the UK, then? :biggrin:

As Russia is not in the Uk, no :tongue:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending