The Student Room Group
Carr Saunders Halls, LSE
London School of Economics
London

LSE entry 2015

Scroll to see replies

Really.. did anyone get an offer from the social policy department?
I applied for social policy with government on the 30th of september... and got 2 weeks mail on 13th of October and got 8 week mail on 10th of November. (This already took like a month)
Will I at least get to hear from LSE by the end of december?

btw I have an offer from Bristol, UCL, and Warwick
Carr Saunders Halls, LSE
London School of Economics
London
Applied for straight Econs and almost 7 weeks into my 8 weeks email but still no news from LSE. This wait is seriously killing me...Oh well its rejection Friday today and so just praying hard LSE doesn't contact me today.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Stark95
Which were your stats? :P
I used to live in France :P

I'm doing the french Bac and got predicted a 17.9/20!
Original post by punkhippie
No and have been waiting since late Sept! I wonder if anybody has for this course... Was your statement both legally and anthropologically oriented in the first place?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Yup I applied for anth + law at 4/5 places so both were equally weighted in the PS
Original post by Dave97
I've applied for that, I haven't heard anything yet though

I guess no news is good news? :redface:
Just received a further 4 weeks mail 7 weeks into my 8 weeks wait for straight econs. Not sure what to make of this...
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by Onlydabest
Just received a further 4 weeks mail 7 weeks into my 8 weeks wait for straight econs. Not sure what to make of this...

You could've received a rejection by now. Anything other than that means you're still in the game. It's good news

Are you a home student or international and when did you send your application?
Original post by Korean95
Really.. did anyone get an offer from the social policy department?
I applied for social policy with government on the 30th of september... and got 2 weeks mail on 13th of October and got 8 week mail on 10th of November. (This already took like a month)
Will I at least get to hear from LSE by the end of december?

btw I have an offer from Bristol, UCL, and Warwick

Applied for Social Policy as well. The same day got 2 week mail and 8 week email! Maybe the department still require a long period of time to process our applications!
Original post by mindispoison
Are you a home student or international and when did you send your application?

I'm an international student from Singapore and I sent out my application sometime in September. Got the 8 weeks email on 20th October.
I'm an international student from Singapore and I sent out my application sometime in September. Got the 8 weeks email on 20th October.

So the wait isn't over yet?! God, you deserve support lol btw I think the fact that they haven't rejected you yet is very positive! You're still in as far as I can see! Good luck :smile: :smile:
Got an offer today for ir :smile: my 8 weeks ended today so they were on time too
Hey! I am planning on applying for BSc Management but I have been hearing very varied views about the course. I'll be glad if you can let me know:

1. Is it a good major? As in some say that its better to do something specific like Bsc Accounting or Bsc Economics rather than Management.

2. How well are graduates of Bsc Management paid?

3. Considering that I am an international student and the high amount of fees I'll have to pay, will it be worth it or would I rather do something else?

Thanks! :biggrin:
Do people get rejected before or after they receive the 8-week email? (just wondering)
Original post by normandi
Do people get rejected before or after they receive the 8-week email? (just wondering)

Both... If you pass the min threshold you get the 8 week email. In the 8 weeks you're evaluated against competing candidates; offers are given to the best ones
Today is the end of my 8 weeks and I haven't heard anything... I'm assuming this is a bad sign?
Original post by Mr Inquisitive
Both... If you pass the min threshold you get the 8 week email. In the 8 weeks you're evaluated against competing candidates; offers are given to the best ones

I got an email saying they would make a decision within 12 weeks and that they'd be in contact in the following 2 weeks. If I do receive the 8 week email, how long after the first one would it usually be?
Has anyone got offers for accounting and finance?
Anyone heard back from Anthropology or Anthropology and Law?
Original post by normandi

I got rejected 4 weeks into my 8 week email and so did another guy at my school

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending