The Student Room Group

were/are you popular at school?

Scroll to see replies

Kind of varied through secondary school. Mainly just middle, but in year 9/10 I was friends with 'popular' people - but they all seemed to hate each other and bitch a lot, so I soon found some real friends again :smile:
i was never popular but i had a small band of friends
I was popular with people in year below and above me but for some reason not in my own year, hell I even had tonnes of friends in different schools (live on an Island so everyone sort of knows each other somehow) I got the impression most people in my year thought I was really weird so didn't bother to talk to me.

People used to make fun of me for being camp, and oddly enough that was before I even knew I was bisexual (thought definitely more on the gay side idk my sexuality still confuses me) and when I actually did come out people began to treat me with more respect? Apart from the odd ****. Maybe they felt I was trying to be something I wasn't?

Mainly hung around with the alternative crowd. High School was more fun being the underdog anyway :tongue:p
Original post by EagertoPlease
I was popular with people in year below and above me but for some reason not in my own year, hell I even had tonnes of friends in different schools (live on an Island so everyone sort of knows each other somehow) I got the impression most people in my year thought I was really weird so didn't bother to talk to me.

People used to make fun of me for being camp, and oddly enough that was before I even knew I was bisexual (thought definitely more on the gay side idk my sexuality still confuses me) and when I actually did come out people began to treat me with more respect? Apart from the odd ****. Maybe they felt I was trying to be something I wasn't?

Mainly hung around with the alternative crowd. High School was more fun being the underdog anyway :tongue:p

Where do you live?
I was in the middle I'd say :smile:
I wasn't popular or unpopular. It didn't matter, the people in my school were idiots :smile:
Reply 26
lol its tsr. Obviously nobody on here was popular at school, except me. :biggrin:
No. In my school popularity doesn't come with being attractive or funny, but willingness to smoke and do drugs. So no thanks.
Original post by RFowler
Where do you live?

Did live in the Isle of Man, we have no universities though hahaha
Original post by Swanbow
I went from being somewhat a loner to part of the popular crowd. I think people started to get my humour a bit more as we got older.

Ditto.
I was fairly popular in secondary school, I have no idea how though.
Original post by Cormac Easton
Why are you getting upset with me?

There have been what 5 posts in this thread? Calm down. I can tell you won't popular you're so anal.

I can tell from the lack of punctuation, nonsensical discourse structure and the idiotic 'I did nothing wrong' response that you are either a troll trying to rile up the crowd or a flid who was dropped on their head as a baby.

Either option is possible, it could even be a combination of them both.
I was quite reserved from nursery to year 2 then from year 3 to year 6 I kinda broke out of my shell and mixed with a lot of people and got called a tomboy because I was quite boyish. From year 7-8 I was quiet and stayed within my group then from year 9-11 I really broke out and became very outspoken and active in lessons. I'd say most people know me because I perform and run clubs at school and it helps to make conversations and smile a lot :smile:
Original post by Whoremaster
I can tell from the lack of punctuation, nonsensical discourse structure and the idiotic 'I did nothing wrong' response that you are either a troll trying to rile up the crowd or a flid who was dropped on their head as a baby.

Either option is possible, it could even be a combination of them both.

Judging by your name obviously you were popular with the boys.
I'm fairly popular now at uni, but I definitely wasn't in Years 7 to 9. I was the one it seemed cool to pick on (top of the year, studious, quiet, polite, into nature, hated make up and fashion, really bad acne... I even got picked on for having thick, wavy hair once!). After it stopped in Year 10, I became sort-of popular, but I still haven't changed. I'm just more confident and unafraid to be me.
Original post by Cormac Easton
Judging by your name obviously you were popular with the boys.

I shall take it that you were dropped on the head as a child, as why else would you make such an obvious point?

But true. My days in high school earned me much money. I charged by the hour and my prices were extortionate.
Neither popular nor unpopular
Lol no. By A2s Year 7s harassed me on the way home. Then I was invisible at uni. Beta FAs gonna beta
Original post by Smash Bandicoot
Lol no. By A2s Year 7s harassed me on the way home. Then I was invisible at uni. Beta FAs gonna beta

you shouldn't have gone to north Carolina on everyone

Quick Reply

Latest