The Student Room Group

Nutrition and Dietetics applicants for 2015

Scroll to see replies

Ah well we will find out :smile: hopefully I'll see you there!
Plymouth is a 6 hour journey for me and I plan to go there and come back the same day, I'm not looking forward for that :P but the university is actually really nice, and I can't turn down an interview
It'll be easy for me to find you, chances are you'll be the only guy there :L
Wow, good look traveling to Plymouth and back in one day :O I've been busy booking flights and stuff, being a Northern Irish student is so awkward :P
Hahaha sounds great :P I met an Irish student at Surrey actually, she didn't want to apply to an Irish unis, is the same for you (aside from Ulster)
Original post by Gabickg
I dont know well because i am still wainting (and praying) to get an invite. I searched a lot regarding this questionarie, it seems it is something notts used to send until 2012 to potential candidates and depending on its results they would or not call for an interview. For what i understood now this questionarie is done in the morning of the interview day and depending on it you go to more interviews in the afternoon.
As i said that is my interpretation but if you received and invite i wouldnt worry. Just enjoy it! Notts is my first choice hope all goes well in your interview :smile:

Ohhh cool thanks Gabickg, very informative. And Idrees if you search MNutr Nottingham on google there should be a pdf file about the degree and it mentions it there. I remember reading that the questionnaire determines how much you know about the role of a dietitian I think, and they rank applicants on that score. Hopefully it's not too difficult.

Posted from TSR Mobile
(edited 9 years ago)
Reply 44
Are Plymouth doing interviews now? I thought they didn't do them?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Megamoo
Are Plymouth doing interviews now? I thought they didn't do them?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Yeah I think they are - on UCAS it says so.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Got offered an interview for Hertfordshire, but I'm unable to attend either of the dates (damn being Northern Irish and relying on planes) ... Hopefully they'll change it!
Original post by VanessaGeorgina
Got offered an interview for Hertfordshire, but I'm unable to attend either of the dates (damn being Northern Irish and relying on planes) ... Hopefully they'll change it!

I got an interview for Hertfordshire too :smile: Ahh no, will you rearrange your interview day then?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 48
Has anyone got an interview at Surrey on Wednesday? For anyone who has already had one, what are the questions like and how are the literacy and numeracy tests?
I have already had my interview, the literacy and numeracy tests are very very simple, they are lower than like year 9 maths and english, it's to test for those basic skills, so don't worry about that at all! The questions, well they are very generic questions from a sheet, as the interview told me its a new system they have put in place this year, they are things like "why do you want to do dietetics, have you had any relevant experience, examples of being a team leader etc". Hope this helps!
Reply 50
Thanks, that's really helpful!
Reply 51
Has anyone had an interview for London Met. or Chester uni yet and if so what type of questions did they ask? Were they generic questions or where they more scenario based with ethical questions?
Ahh the more information I get from universities regarding interviews the more nervous I get :s-smilie:
Dont be, youll be fine!! Especially since youre getting all the inside info :wink:
Anyone with an interview for plymouth next wednesday, have you recieved the letter about what the day is like? Has everyone seen that you have to do an essay on the day about weaknesses and how improving those will tie in with the NHS core values? Its such a difficult thing to do, ive managed to come up with a few ideas, is anyone else worrying about that?
I'm also really confused about what to include as well :s-smilie:
I found the 'core values' on the NHS website, http://www.nhs.uk/NHSEngland/thenhs/about/Pages/nhscoreprinciples.aspx
Linking improving weaknessess to them is proving rather difficult though
Original post by hannahjune
I've got an interview at Hertfordshire next Monday for Dietetics, anyone else have an interview that day?

How was your interview? :smile: I have one there too, intrigued to know the format.

Posted from TSR Mobile
I didn't get an interview from Chester, they just gave me a conditional offer. Still waiting from my four other choices, my application was sent off a week ago.
Anyone had an interview at Cardiff met for Human nutrition and dietetics?? :smile: any info on what Q's they ask and how the interview is structured?
Good luck everyone!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending