The Student Room Group

The Official TSR Fantasy Football League 2014/15

Scroll to see replies

hmm... double transfer this week, so a 4pt hit.. to sort my midfield out and get rid of chadli..

As long as I remain to stubborn and stupid to captain aguaro then this dive in places looks set to continue..

Happy with my side this week though.. so lets see how it goes
Original post by fallen_acorns
hmm... double transfer this week, so a 4pt hit.. to sort my midfield out and get rid of chadli..

As long as I remain to stubborn and stupid to captain aguaro then this dive in places looks set to continue..

Happy with my side this week though.. so lets see how it goes

I feel like NOT captaining Aguero isn't an option.
I so want to take a chance on Costa but when you see Sergio in literally the form of his career, there's no way he's not gonna tear Everton apart...
Original post by Lúcio
I so want to take a chance on Costa but when you see Sergio in literally the form of his career, there's no way he's not gonna tear Everton apart...

I completly agree... yet he is still not my captain - because I am a ****ing idiot
Original post by fallen_acorns
I completly agree... yet he is still not my captain - because I am a ****ing idiot

Meh, this is one of those times where the best FF take a massive risk.
If it pays off, they get a massive boost on everybody else.
Some of the best players are the most risky
Original post by Lúcio

Aside from that 3-6 aberration, Everton are not really getting taken apart. I'll be surprised if they concede more than 2.
Original post by Mister Dead
Aside from that 3-6 aberration, Everton are not really getting taken apart. I'll be surprised if they concede more than 2.

i suppose we'll see :colone:
tbh a high scoring game would be nice considering baines gets involved in everton's goals :tongue:
Original post by Lúcio
i suppose we'll see :colone:
tbh a high scoring game would be nice considering baines gets involved in everton's goals :tongue:

Everton look to be settling nicely into the Martinez style of doing diddly-frickin'-squat for ages then going beserk towards the season end, winning a cup or winning completely improbable games.

They haven't gone beserk, won a cup or won any improbable games yet, so they're halfway there.
(edited 9 years ago)
Everton look to be settling nicely into the Martinez style of doing diddly-frickin'-squat for ages then going beserk towards the season end, winning a cup or winning completely improbable games.

They haven't gone beserk, won a cup or won an improbably game yet, but they're halfway there.

true, it hasn't been a good season so far but you sense something could start to get going.
just depends if it'll be too late or not...
Original post by Lúcio
true, it hasn't been a good season so far but you sense something could start to get going.
just depends if it'll be too late or not...

Na it's way-off being too late. 7 points from the top four is nothing when so many of teams between them and that spot are just dross and Saints are still up there having ruthlessly capitalised from the freakish luck of playing all the very worst teams and playing them at the very best time.

I think it's a touch beyond them but I wouldn't put it past them to challenge and to have a good run or go all the way in one of the cups.

I'm going 0-1 tomorrow. I can feel it in my boner.
(edited 9 years ago)
Top of my H2H league. I have 664 points which is the 5th lowest points total yet i'm topping the league.

H2H is sick.
Original post by jam277
Top of my H2H league. I have 664 points which is the 5th lowest points total yet i'm topping the league.

H2H is sick.

had a good week when it was required, grinded it out with low points wen your opponent wasn't amazing.
that's how it works in real life (kind of) :smile:

They haven't gone beserk, won a cup or won any improbable games yet, so they're halfway there.

Yeah I won't be surprised if they beat Chelsea at the bridge, Arsenal away, United and City this weekend.

City are due a shock to the system tbh.

Original post by Lúcio
had a good week when it was required, grinded it out with low points wen your opponent wasn't amazing.
that's how it works in real life (kind of) :smile:

Yeah man :cool:

No way I'm gonna win the other leagues but if I can win the H2H league, my league between my mates and the super H2H league after week 20 then I will be very proud of my achievements in fantasy football this season.
(edited 9 years ago)
Reply 3572
Contemplating whether to take a 4 pt hit to bring in a GK... Currently have Krul/Mannone so only have had 10 players the last 3 weeks.

Which GK to bring in?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by jam277
Yeah I won't be surprised if they beat Chelsea at the bridge, Arsenal away, United and City this weekend.

City are due a shock to the system tbh..

Everton have a very good record against City, wouldn't surprise me at all to see them get a result tomorrow.

Original post by UWS
Contemplating whether to take a 4 pt hit to bring in a GK... Currently have Krul/Mannone so only have had 10 players the last 3 weeks.

Which GK to bring in?

Posted from TSR Mobile

What is your available budget and who are your defenders?
Any ideas in how to get Azpi and Chambers into this team? Is it worth taking a 4pt hit this week again? My team is Fabianski, Jagielka, Clyne, Alderweireld, Fabregas, Hazard, Eriksen, Aguero, Welbeck, Diego Costa. Was thinking of ditching Jagielka and i'd still like to keep Welbeck.
I can't justify not having aguero as captain right now. Plus most of the people in my mini league dont have him so it's such a strong differential.
Original post by ..DT..
I can't justify not having aguero as captain right now. Plus most of the people in my mini league dont have him so it's such a strong differential.

Same. Tried taking a risk last week to no avail. Not captaining Kun is causing more harm than good right now.
Original post by Isometrix
Same. Tried taking a risk last week to no avail. Not captaining Kun is causing more harm than good right now.

It is essentially the same as costa at the start of the season. Unless your miles back not worth risking losing touch with the pack for potentially a small gain.
Have stuck with Pelle for too long now. I watched MOTD last week and some of his misses were shocking. Still a bit hesitant on dropping him though because I think after he gets that one goal he'll start scoring consistently again

Already have Costa and Aguero but might be worth getting Lukaku/Bony

Posted from TSR Mobile
Courtois, McCarthy
Baines, Clyne, Chambers, Taylor, Hutton
Sanchez, Fabregas, Di Maria, Siggy, Cattermole
Costa, Pelle, Austin

0.5m in the bank and 2FT

Any ideas? Kind of want to get aguero in but I don't know how.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest