The Student Room Group

The Liverpool FC Thread XII

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Rock Fan
Certainly bring in more revenue and maybe finally competing regularly for the title.

Not really in the short term. It's going to cost an estimated £100mil (which will be provided by way of interest free loans by FSG) and then if the revenues increase by say £20mil a year, it will take 5 years to repay the loans and only then we will start seeing the extra funds going into the team investment.
Original post by Zerforax
Not really in the short term. It's going to cost an estimated £100mil (which will be provided by way of interest free loans by FSG) and then if the revenues increase by say £20mil a year, it will take 5 years to repay the loans and only then we will start seeing the extra funds going into the team investment.

Well least you are finally getting development unlike when you had the last owners that almost ruined the club.
Original post by Rock Fan
Well least you are finally getting development unlike when you had the last owners that almost ruined the club.

Exactly - we're moving in the right direction.

I also think for FFP the £100mil spend on redevelopment wont count at all but every penny increase in revenue will benefit us in terms of what we can spend.
Balotelli has been charged by the FA for that ''super mario'' picture.

Ridiculous tbh.
Reply 6284
Original post by Zerforax
Exactly - we're moving in the right direction.

I also think for FFP the £100mil spend on redevelopment wont count at all but every penny increase in revenue will benefit us in terms of what we can spend.

Affirmative. Stadium expansion & the likes are exempt from FFP.

I'm suprised it's taken you lot this long to start though.. Should have been done ages ago with your fanbase
Original post by SHOO
Affirmative. Stadium expansion & the likes are exempt from FFP.

I'm suprised it's taken you lot this long to start though.. Should have been done ages ago with your fanbase

Well it's difficult as there was no easy option. It was either: (1) Expand and refurb Anfield and increase to 50-60k; or (2) build a new stadium.

Realistically after having spent £100mil on this increase, we can't really do much more for the foreseeable future. Whereas a new stadium with good planning would have had further potential to keep increasing.
A new stadium would of probably killed us in the short term, Arsenal is a good example and they have actually been getting CL. Imagine Liverpool spending fortunes on a new stadium and not getting CL, financially it would be awful.
Original post by samir12
A new stadium would of probably killed us in the short term, Arsenal is a good example and they have actually been getting CL. Imagine Liverpool spending fortunes on a new stadium and not getting CL, financially it would be awful.

I think the owners did more than enough research and realised that we won't be able to regularly sell out a huge stadium like 80-100k. For every seat you increase, the price goes up drastically once you pass a certain point.

The next phase will be improving the match day experience and milking the fans for all they have. Think thats how it works at the Red Sox.
Game day!
Original post by Mackay
Game day!

preferred team sheet?
Reply 6290
Original post by Lúcio
preferred team sheet?

we'll see some rotation with Tuesday in mind. If these players are fit, then I would expect something like:

Mignolet, Manquillo, Skrtel, Lovren, Enrique, Lucas, Can, Coutinho, Lallana, Markovic, Borini.

I suspect Toure, Gerrard, Sterling and Lambert shall be rested. Possibly Hendo and the full backs too.
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by Lúcio
preferred team sheet?

Probable/preferred: Mignolet, Manquillo, Skrtel, Toure, A. Moreno, Can, Henderson, Allen, Coutinho, Sterling, Lambert.

I'd maybe expect Lallana to come in, with either Can or Allen sitting out.
Original post by cBay
we'll see some rotation with Tuesday in mind. If these players are fit, then I would expect something like:

Mignolet, Manquillo, Skrtel, Lovren, Enrique, Lucas, Can, Coutinho, Lallana, Markovic, Borini.

I suspect Toure, Gerrard, Sterling and Lambert shall be rested. Possibly Hendo and the full backs too.

Original post by Mackay
Probable/preferred: Mignolet, Manquillo, Skrtel, Toure, A. Moreno, Can, Henderson, Allen, Coutinho, Sterling, Lambert.

I'd maybe expect Lallana to come in, with either Can or Allen sitting out.

imo the game on tuesday is way more important.
i mean we're at home and we MUST win.
i don't wanna go in to europa simply because i'm not confident we'd win it, making the extra games just another hindrance.
Chelsea vs Newcastle and yet the fans are still belting the Steve Gerrard song :rofl:
Original post by Lúcio
imo the game on tuesday is way more important.
i mean we're at home and we MUST win.
i don't wanna go in to europa simply because i'm not confident we'd win it, making the extra games just another hindrance.

It's probably your best hope of playing in the CL again next season though.

Looking at the quality of teams in there, I can't see why Liverpool wouldn't be able to win it.
Original post by sr90
It's probably your best hope of playing in the CL again next season though.

Looking at the quality of teams in there, I can't see why Liverpool wouldn't be able to win it.

quite possibly however what happens when we get to the semi-final and go out?
all those extra games for nothing.

i'd rather us go out in the first CL knockout round and have more preperation for games (like last year) tbh
but i suppose this season thus far has made me pessimistic - we definitely could win the europa league i guess
Original post by Lúcio
quite possibly however what happens when we get to the semi-final and go out?
all those extra games for nothing.

i'd rather us go out in the first CL knockout round and have more preperation for games (like last year) tbh
but i suppose this season thus far has made me pessimistic - we definitely could win the europa league i guess

Yeh you wouldn't be able to prioritise it over the league, that would be silly. Unless it gets to the stage where Liverpool are like 10pts adrift.

I don't think the ''extra games'' argument holds much weight now your squad is a lot bigger. Rodgers will have to adapt eventually.
Mignolet, Johnson, Moreno, Toure, Skrtel, Lucas, Henderson, Coutinho, Sterling, Lallana, Lambert.

Subs: Jones, Enrique, Lovren, Gerrard, Can, Allen, Markovic.
Original post by mr tim
Mignolet, Johnson, Moreno, Toure, Skrtel, Lucas, Henderson, Coutinho, Sterling, Lallana, Lambert.

Subs: Jones, Enrique, Lovren, Gerrard, Can, Allen, Markovic.

at least moreno is getting a game.
glad he's resting gerrard too; looks like he's gonna use him more sparingly so we won't have to be so nervous with him in DM.
honestly i'd say that's our best team right now, so not sure who will play for the vital game on tuesday.

come on lambert; get yourself a hattrick boy :wink:
Johnson again...

Quick Reply

Latest