The Student Room Group
Students on campus at the University of Warwick
University of Warwick
Coventry

Warwick Offer Holder (2015 Entry)

Scroll to see replies

Original post by elmward1996
It's basically an additional form to fill out alongside your UCAS application so you can tell them more information which may assist in their decision regarding your application. You can explain more about your educational background or personal circumstances, and they'll take it all into account.

Here's the link to the webpage on it:
http://www2.warwick.ac.uk/study/undergraduate/apply/awards/

I hope that helps!

That does help, thanks!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Students on campus at the University of Warwick
University of Warwick
Coventry
Just got an offer for Politics and International Studies!
So happy, I think it's my first choice.
Where my BioMedical Science homies at????????????????????????? :smile:
Reply 283
I was offered of a place on the MSc Information Systems Management and Innovation programme!
anyone heard anything ..from the business school/ department at warwick yet??
Original post by kealanjones

Hahah congrats on your offer 😊 is Warwick your first choice?
Reply 286
I did 3 days after applying...I got it on November 18

Posted from TSR Mobile

Team biomed!
Original post by wnee-hee
Hahah congrats on your offer ������ is Warwick your first choice?

Potentially. Not really sure yet :P Either here, Exeter, or Edinburgh but seeing as I am offer-less from Exeter and Edinburgh, there is a strong chance, yeah.
How about you? :smile:
Original post by fluffysocks
Team biomed!

First choice? :smile:
What are your other choices?
Reply 290
Just got an offer for BA Philosophy and Literature. Warwick will probably be my insurance. Anybody else got offers for these subjects, together or apart? Warwick is the top for economics and maths, but what about humanities (namely the two above)?
(edited 9 years ago)
Potentially. Not really sure yet :P Either here, Exeter, or Edinburgh but seeing as I am offer-less from Exeter and Edinburgh, there is a strong chance, yeah.
How about you? :smile:

Waiting to see how it goes with UCL and Imperial, as I'm still waitng to hear from them D: but if not then I'll be packing up for Warwick 😊
Hey guys, I was just wondering if you could transfer from Bsc in Chemistry to Mchem during the course. I know the other unis I applied to do it but I'm unsure about if warwick do it too. Thanks
Reply 293
Original post by Natashi_kakashi
Hey guys, I was just wondering if you could transfer from Bsc in Chemistry to Mchem during the course. I know the other unis I applied to do it but I'm unsure about if warwick do it too. Thanks

After I got my offer for Mchem they sent me an additional offer saying that if I get ABB they still accept me to Bsc and I can transfer to Mchem after the first year. So I guess you can ...

Posted from TSR Mobile
I prefer UCL over Warwick mainly due to the location: I used to live in a big city but had to move to a suburban town a few years ago and I hate it! For me right now, London is the best place to live.
But I agree with your point - UCL and Warwick are very similar indeed ������

The campus life in Warwick seems sooooo appealing though !!
Original post by houdhoud1997
The campus life in Warwick seems sooooo appealing though !!

I haven't visited it but I'm dubious because 2nd year you have move to Coventry or leamington spa 😒
I haven't visited it but I'm dubious because 2nd year you have move to Coventry or leamington spa ������

THIS IS THE POINT :frown:

What would you do then ?
I fear UCL is a bit too impersonal and not really outgoing, because you don't get to be very close to the people, whereas in Warwick all students live in the same place the 1st year, so you get to know a lot of people and have a lot of fun (the student experience is so important for me) ..
THIS IS THE POINT :frown:

What would you do then ?
I fear UCL is a bit too impersonal and not really outgoing, because you don't get to be very close to the people, whereas in Warwick all students live in the same place the 1st year, so you get to know a lot of people and have a lot of fun (the student experience is so important for me) ..

I suppose Warwick and UCL offer 2 different types of student experiences: London to me is the ultimate life experience, and although the two universities have different atmospheres, I'm sure that the experiences would be equally amazing. Though at the end of the day every university is what you make of it and if one is willing to open themselves up to a range of environments even a gigantic metropolis like London can feel intimate, like you've carved out a little piece of it that's just your own. But that might only be my romantic ideals hahah
I suppose Warwick and UCL offer 2 different types of student experiences: London to me is the ultimate life experience, and although the two universities have different atmospheres, I'm sure that the experiences would be equally amazing. Though at the end of the day every university is what you make of it and if one is willing to open themselves up to a range of environments even a gigantic metropolis like London can feel intimate, like you've carved out a little piece of it that's just your own. But that might only be my romantic ideals hahah

Hahaha. I see what you mean. As I don't live in the UK I didn't get the chance to visit Warwick nor UCL.
London is absolutely awesome, for you even if you lived there for 30 years, you'd be discovering new parts of it.
Tbh, I'm really aiming to practise languages ( Czech and Russian ) when in uni. I thought that by giving a close atmosphere and more intimate Warwick would be the best option. Although I am really lost at it. I just feel I want to make the most of the 3 years. Warwick is perfect for the 1st year but then as you said, you've got to get back to a normal city life, in a not so big city !
Hahaha. I see what you mean. As I don't live in the UK I didn't get the chance to visit Warwick nor UCL.
London is absolutely awesome, for you even if you lived there for 30 years, you'd be discovering new parts of it.
Tbh, I'm really aiming to practise languages ( Czech and Russian ) when in uni. I thought that by giving a close atmosphere and more intimate Warwick would be the best option. Although I am really lost at it. I just feel I want to make the most of the 3 years. Warwick is perfect for the 1st year but then as you said, you've got to get back to a normal city life, in a not so big city !

Can I ask where you're from?😊
To be honest you should go for whatever feels right, as I find that going with your cut feeling will lead to the best possible outcome

Quick Reply

Latest