The Student Room Group

Christian couple burned alive in Pakistan

Scroll to see replies

Original post by RoyalBlue7
This **** is shocking and disgusting. Burning is God's way of punishment, and shouldn't be used as a punishment. The blasphemy law should be abolished because of it being exploited and anyone accusing anybody of blasphemy should be severely punished if they cannot produce evidence while the law is yet to be abolished. How can they even justify what they did if this really happened? How in the seven earths they assume God is on their side...

So when god burns the people in hell, would you say what he's doing is shocking and disgusting too?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by what is life :/
So when god burns the people in hell, would you say what he's doing is shocking and disgusting too?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Read my post again
Reply 62
Original post by young_guns
This is a very sad story indeed :frown:

http://www.christianpost.com/news/church-of-pakistan-confirms-christian-couple-was-burned-alive-by-1500-muslims-over-rumor-they-ripped-pages-from-quran-129429/

Islam claims that it is the solution to all human problems; if it's going to make such claims, it has to drop the demand that it be immune from all criticism or even satire.

That is, of course, leaving aside the fact that in this case, the couple appears to have been innocent. The level of violence against non-Muslims in Pakistan has gotten totally out of control

i have to say im really surprised at this. pakistan is the most peaceful, tolerant and sophisticated place on earth... i just don't know how this could have happened
Reply 63
Original post by ss12
By that point, the church had fallen into a state of disrepair

What does that have to do with anything?

Does the fact a piece of property falls into disrepair mean it is justified for another person to engage in theft?

By the way, the fact it had fallen into disrepair is entirely reasonable; they had been under Ottoman siege for years, and so obviously would have been spending their money on weapons.

But let's get back to the disrepair issue; how does that make it permissible for someone to steal property from the church? And are you claiming the women, children and youths who were hiding in the Hagia Sophia and were raped or chained up and carried off into slavery... do you think their religious wishes were respected?
Original post by what is life :/

It would be prejudiced to hate people simply for being Pakistani, but that's very different from hating the country of Pakistan and the ideas it, as a whole, espouses and exports.
Reply 65

http://www.christianpost.com/news/church-of-pakistan-confirms-christian-couple-was-burned-alive-by-1500-muslims-over-rumor-they-ripped-pages-from-quran-129429/

Islam claims that it is the solution to all human problems; if it's going to make such claims, it has to drop the demand that it be immune from all criticism or even satire.

That is, of course, leaving aside the fact that in this case, the couple appears to have been innocent. The level of violence against non-Muslims in Pakistan has gotten totally out of control

its no worse than the level of violence the cops impose on black people. The world's full off *******s from different religions and races.. the act of a few dont define the majority.

(non-muslim)

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Indian_Princess
Since when has burning people alive been part of Islam?

Burning may be new but killing people for insulting islam certainly isn't.

But care to show me where it's not allowed to kill people who insult islam
Original post by Radicalathiest
Burning may be new but killing people for insulting islam certainly isn't.

The following quote is on the same lines.:yes:

“Endure patiently (O Muhammad), for your patience is but from Allah. Grieve not on their account, and be not in distress because of that which they devise.” [Sûrah al-Nahl: 127]

Live your domestic life in contentment and serenity. Carry out your livelihood be it commerce, industry, Islamic work, management, or whatever else Allah appoints for you in this world quietly, serenely, patiently, and with a cheerful countenance. Do not pay any mind to those voices that seek to bring you down.
What I'd like is for him to admit it does teach that killing is OK according to islam but that he has chosen to ignore that parts of the quran as it is no longer relevant.

But yes you're of course right a better muslim is one who pretends all the violent stuff doesn't exist

because it doesn't.The "violent" stuff you claim is all from the media.
Original post by Schrödingers Cat
Stop deluding yourself, accept the fact that the Qua'ran wasn't written by God but some idiot with extreme views.

Many men tried to copy the Quran but failed immensely. If it was indeed written by some "idiot" as you claim, then why has no one succeeded in copying it or even rewriting it? That fact alone, the fact that the Quran hasn't changed at all, not even a single letter, shows you how perfect it is, and such perfection only comes from God.
(edited 9 years ago)

Are you for real? Is that what you think Islam teaches??
Reply 71
Original post by satisfactionatlast
1. No one cares about your opinion.
2. Yes, because the other countries are so much better, right? Go take a look at history, and see how horrible other countries were.

The past is the past, I only care about the present and future, and the future of specifically the Middle East and North African countries does not look bright.

Iraq, Iran, Yemen, Oman, Jordan, Saudi Arabia, Pakistan, Somalia, Sudan, Libya, Egypt, Turkey, UAE, Afghanistan, Algeria, Bahrain, Tunisia, Morocco, Mali, Niger, Kuwait, Kazakhstan, Syria, Palestine, Uzbekistan, Tajikistan, Qatar and Chad.

You can't just link this to Islam - yes Pakistan is mostly full of Muslims but would you say the same thing if it was in another country? Most people in Pakistan are idiots anyways - and I've been there to know that.
I have a question for ignorant people like you. Many men tried to copy the Quran but failed immensely. If it was indeed written by some "idiot" as you claim, then why has no one succeeded in copying it or even rewriting it? That fact alone, the fact that the Quran hasn't changed at all, not even a single letter, shows you how perfect it is, and such perfection only comes from God.

What? If I wanted to copy the Quran I'd simply buy a copy and rewrite it. What's so difficult about that?

Also, the Quran's full of errors, nothing divine about it
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by Plantagenet Crown
What? If I wanted to copy the Quran I'd simply buy a copy and rewrite it. What's so difficult about that?

Also, the Quran's full of errors, nothing divine about it

Copying, as in producing a similar book that holds so much knowledge about life, miracles, Prophets, and things that will occur hundreds of years later; many things the Quran said will happen has happened. And you thought literally copying it. You're not that clever are you?
Copying, as in producing a similar book that holds so much knowledge about life, miracles, Prophets, and things that will occur hundreds of years later; many things the Quran said will happen has happened. And you thought literally copying it. You're not that clever are you?

That's what I initially thought, but as you also said "rewrite" then it sort of made it ambiguous.

Besides, what people think about books is extremely subjective. I've read parts of the Quran and find it quite dull and repetitive if I'm being honest. I find other books more interesting.

Also, I'm interested to hear these events which the Quran has supposedly predicted.
It's coming to us in Europe, Australia, America etc.
I can't believe we're dumb enough to not realise..
Original post by Safiya122
You can't just link this to Islam - yes Pakistan is mostly full of Muslims but would you say the same thing if it was in another country? Most people in Pakistan are idiots anyways - and I've been there to know that.

Yes it's true and I live there.
Reply 78
Original post by Groot
Indoctrination is a pain in the ass.

It's become more than a pain in the ass for Afghanistan and India, but they don't care. Kashmir can't even have its elections peacefully.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 79
Original post by Ggmu!
It's become more than a pain in the ass for Afghanistan and India, but they don't care. Kashmir can't even have its elections peacefully.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending