The Student Room Group

Economics applicants 2015

Scroll to see replies

Original post by AcaciaZ
It took four days for me...

Omg congrats ! What's your stats and when did you apply?
Original post by AcaciaZ
I got an offer from Warwick after 7 days I sent my UCAS. And I am still waiting for LSE too.

After 7 days?:redface: congrats! Are you international or home, and do you mind me asking about your grades and predicted? :smile:
Original post by BeccaBrowning
I'm predicted A*A*A*Aa (having already achieved A* in maths A2 in one year) but am still waiting to hear back from LSE and Bristol for straight economics :frown: anyone else still waiting to hear back from them? Also have a Cambridge interview next week if anyone has any advice!

What college is your interview at?? :smile: :smile:
Yes😬7days. I am an international students. I got A* in maths with 594 UMS. And I got AA in AS physics and econ. This year I am doing Further maths AS and A2 and A2 physics and Econ. My predictions are A*A*AA.
Original post by Aso816
Omg congrats ! What's your stats and when did you apply?

I apply on 10th of November.....so 14th of Nov I received the offer from Bristol.
Original post by AcaciaZ
I apply on 10th of November.....so 14th of Nov I received the offer from Bristol.

Cool my stats are pretty similar to yours so hopefully Warwick and Bristol will get back to me with good news as we'll :smile:
Original post by jchap9776
What college is your interview at?? :smile: :smile:

downing! :biggrin:
Original post by BeccaBrowning
downing! :biggrin:

nice, they have a short maths test I think so maybe going over some core topics from your a level would be helpful :smile:
Hello, I got an offer from UCL straight economics, but I new regret having applied to Bath and Warwick (I got offers from them asking me for the same grades as UCL), and think I should have applied to both the UCL straight Econ and the one year abroad.

Do you guys think I can email UCL, explaining my situation, and asking them to also consider me for the one year abroad program, or something like that ?

Thanks!
Got an offer from York and Nottingham :biggrin: so happy rn :biggrin:
Offers from York, Leeds, Newcastle and Leicester. Waiting for Durham, not expecting anything, got an interview with KPMG for accounting at Durham as well
Original post by Flather
Offers from York, Leeds, Newcastle and Leicester. Waiting for Durham, not expecting anything, got an interview with KPMG for accounting at Durham as well

Congrats! What offer did York give you? :smile:
Original post by ArseneWenger
Hello, I got an offer from UCL straight economics, but I new regret having applied to Bath and Warwick (I got offers from them asking me for the same grades as UCL), and think I should have applied to both the UCL straight Econ and the one year abroad.

Do you guys think I can email UCL, explaining my situation, and asking them to also consider me for the one year abroad program, or something like that ?

Thanks!

For your Warwick offer how long did they take to get back to you? I'm still waiting :frown:
Applying for straight Eco at UCL, QMUL, LSE, Surrey and Southampton.

Got my QM offer yesterday, anyone got any offers at any of my other institutions I've applied for? If so how long did they take?
Original post by Holdaboss

Got my QM offer yesterday, anyone got any offers at any of my other institutions I've applied for? If so how long did they take?

Got Southampton 3 weeks after applying :smile:
Original post by Holdaboss

I've got LSE, UCL and Surrey. Surrey was around 2 weeks after my application, UCL was around a month, LSE was around 1 week after UCL.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Has anyone got Exeter for Economics?
Original post by EHZ17
I've got LSE, UCL and Surrey. Surrey was around 2 weeks after my application, UCL was around a month, LSE was around 1 week after UCL.

Original post by Wojtek97
Got Southampton 3 weeks after applying :smile:

Sounds like I shouldn't be waiting too long for Surrey and Southampton then:biggrin:

EHZ what are your predicted grades if you don't mind me asking, seeing as you have been successful at both UCL and LSE? :smile:
Original post by EHZ17

Posted from TSR Mobile

Wow congratz mate :smile:
Still in the process of sending my application!
Original post by ArseneWenger

Thanks!

If I were you I would email UCL and firstly explain that you are excited to be studying Economics at UCL and then ask if it is possible to change to Economics with a year abroad. You could also include in the email that, if on results day some people don't meet their offers for Economics with a year abroad, for them to contact you if there are any vacancies.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending