The Student Room Group

Economics applicants 2015

Scroll to see replies

Original post by doublecc123
Congrats! What offer did York give you? :smile:

Triple A, torn between York and Leeds hopefully as insurance choices
Original post by Wojtek97
Has anyone got Exeter for Economics?

I haven't applied there but a couple guys I know got A*A*A offers which is a bit steep, guess they must be swamped with applicants this year
Original post by Flather
I haven't applied there but a couple guys I know got A*A*A offers which is a bit steep, guess they must be swamped with applicants this year

My friend's dad called their admission office.They said the higher the predicted grades,the higher the offer will be!
Original post by Skill Twix
My friend's dad called their admission office.They said the higher the predicted grades,the higher the offer will be!

Think these guys were A*AA predicts, just shows you it is not worth over inflating your predicts though in case someone asks you to get them though. No one will go if its 2A* though all those guys will have offers from Cambridge or Warwick that are lower
Hi, I was wondering about the offers.
If i got an offer from bristol for bsc economics and finance for aaa
Is it possible to get accepted with a*ab instead?

Thankyou! :smile:
Original post by Holdaboss
Sounds like I shouldn't be waiting too long for Surrey and Southampton then:biggrin:

EHZ what are your predicted grades if you don't mind me asking, seeing as you have been successful at both UCL and LSE? :smile:

3A* + A in AS FM :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Wow congratz mate :smile:
Still in the process of sending my application!

You seem to have been in the process for a very long time! Cheers tho!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Flather
Think these guys were A*AA predicts, just shows you it is not worth over inflating your predicts though in case someone asks you to get them though. No one will go if its 2A* though all those guys will have offers from Cambridge or Warwick that are lower

Good point!Where did you apply?
Original post by EHZ17
You seem to have been in the process for a very long time! Cheers tho!

Posted from TSR Mobile

My school's delayed it.Will send it off this Thursday!
My ability to read economics articles is slowly grinding to a halt this evening. So tired. Anyone read this weeks economist already?

Posted from TSR Mobile
My school's delayed it.Will send it off this Thursday!

It took my school 2 weeks to write a reference so I applied pretty late as well
Original post by doublecc123
It took my school 2 weeks to write a reference so I applied pretty late as well

Same here!
I can't find anyone who's applied to the universities I want to apply to!Everyone seems to apply to Oxford and Cambridge(my cousin had his interview in Cambridge some days ago)
(edited 9 years ago)
Good point!Where did you apply?

Durham, Leeds, York, Newcastle and Leicester
Same here!
I can't anyone who's applied to the universities I want to apply to!Everyone seems to apply to Oxford and Cambridge(my cousin had his interview in Cambridge some days ago)

For econ? How was it anyway?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by EHZ17
For econ? How was it anyway?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Yes.Told me he ruined some part!He had to solve some questions!
Yes.Told me he ruined some part!He had to solve some questions!

I'm concerned about the maths bit of my interview. I don't know if I should gear revision towards calculus or statistics

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Flather
Durham, Leeds, York, Newcastle and Leicester

What are your predicted grades if you don't mind me asking?
Original post by EHZ17
I'm concerned about the maths bit of my interview. I don't know if I should gear revision towards calculus or statistics

Posted from TSR Mobile

Why not do both?You'll do well mate :biggrin:
Good luck :smile:
Original post by ArseneWenger
Hello, I got an offer from UCL straight economics, but I new regret having applied to Bath and Warwick (I got offers from them asking me for the same grades as UCL), and think I should have applied to both the UCL straight Econ and the one year abroad.

Do you guys think I can email UCL, explaining my situation, and asking them to also consider me for the one year abroad program, or something like that ?

Thanks!

Congrats on your offer! Just wondering what are your stats? I've applied for both at UCL.
Why not do both?You'll do well mate :biggrin:
Good luck :smile:

Well since my interview is on Tuesday I'm trying to prioritise, thanks tho!

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest