The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by XxKingSniprxX
I've mastered every topic for C3 except for Trig [1/2 of it still left to cover]
I watch exam solutions but I'm doing some C3 textbook exercises and some solomon questions which are harder but should help build my confidence.

How are you going on about learning C3 trig besides examsolutions?

tbh examsolutions, the textbook, and past papers are the only things I use.. wbu?
I want to finish c3 fully and do past papers so I can start c4 in the christmas hols :smile:
Original post by PinkElephant16
tbh examsolutions, the textbook, and past papers are the only things I use.. wbu?
I want to finish c3 fully and do past papers so I can start c4 in the christmas hols :smile:

Same here @resources

I'm currently finishing up on C3 and plan on completing solomon worksheets tomorrow to solidify my knowledge. Hopefully by Friday 12th, I should have recapped all videos and I'm going to start doing 1 past paper daily from Jan 2009-June 2013.
(hate June 2013 paper though)

I plan on using Christmas holiday to revise a chunk of M1 as-well as learning all the small C4 topics besides calculus.
I do have to admit M1 is the hardest module for me although I study Physics.

What subjects do you study? what's your applied module for A2 maths? what app module did you sit in AS? :smile:
(edited 9 years ago)

M1 is not hard but it does require a thorough understanding of the material covered.

Do you have a teacher for it? If so, are they good at explaining it?

If the answer to either question is no, get back to me and I'll see what I can do.
Original post by tiny hobbit
M1 is not hard but it does require a thorough understanding of the material covered.

Do you have a teacher for it? If so, are they good at explaining it?

If the answer to either question is no, get back to me and I'll see what I can do.

My teacher rushes through the topics 'dynamics' fairly quickly without understanding.
I can get a general sense that 50-65% of my class are unsure. *smh*

I've tried exam-solution, but I'm struggling to understand some concepts such as 'F=U.R'. (limiting equilibrium) :argh: I use both exam-solutions and textbooks from which I perfectly understand what is required in Core modules & S1. I can't achieve that same level with mechanics. :ashamed:

I'm planning on devoting myself purely to mechanics over the Christmas holidays since my C3 knowledge is fairly good. Any advise? How would you recommend for me to revise M1? :frown:
My teacher rushes through the topics 'dynamics' fairly quickly without understanding.
I can get a general sense that 50-65% of my class are unsure. *smh*

I've tried exam-solution, but I'm struggling to understand some concepts such as 'F=U.R'. (limiting equilibrium) :argh: I use both exam-solutions and textbooks from which I perfectly understand what is required in Core modules & S1. I can't achieve that same level with mechanics. :ashamed:

I'm planning on devoting myself purely to mechanics over the Christmas holidays since my C3 knowledge is fairly good. Any advise? How would you recommend for me to revise M1? :frown:

the key for m1 is understanding. honestly it might take some timw but as soon as you 'get it' it will be a walk in the park. try to understand the situations and what is happening and try to picture it and you will get a better picture of what is going on.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Same here @resources

What subjects do you study? what's your applied module for A2 maths? what app module did you sit in AS? :smile:

Did you do S1 at AS?
This is an early thread! Still, early bird gets the worm haha

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 87
Original post by Chlorophile
I think you both need to look up the definition of "decent". By your definition, the word applies only to the top ~2% of students...

Hence why I used inverted commas showing that his definition of the word "decent" meant "the very best and most able" and that those students would be able to get 100 on previous C1 papers.
Original post by Abel Demoz
Did you do S1 at AS?

Yeah, I sat S1 as my AS applied module. It was fairly straightforward although
I wanted to take M1 since I study Physics and it can strengthen my mechanics in
my Physics exams as-well.

I know mechanics is hard but it is a lot more rewarding once you finally understand it.

I know mechanics is hard but it is a lot more rewarding once you finally understand it.

From my experience of the 2 M1 seems a lot easier to better in than S1, as once you understand M1 there is less stupid mistakes to make, whereas in S1 there's like 15 mistakes you can make every question :tongue:

Which course are you applying for at uni?
Which course are you applying for at uni?

I'm planning on studying Physics at university. I know Physics is embedded with mechanics, especially at university but nothing worth doing comes easy. :rolleyes:

Wbu? What course are you applying for at university? :smile:
Same here @resources

I'm currently finishing up on C3 and plan on completing solomon worksheets tomorrow to solidify my knowledge. Hopefully by Friday 12th, I should have recapped all videos and I'm going to start doing 1 past paper daily from Jan 2009-June 2013.
(hate June 2013 paper though)

I plan on using Christmas holiday to revise a chunk of M1 as-well as learning all the small C4 topics besides calculus.

for AS I did S1 which isn't as hard as people think- ended up getting 84- not bad
Doing S2 for A2 :smile:
yeah I've heard M1 is harder!
It's overrated.

okay somewhat true.. to get full ums you had to get 65! which is still okay
I'm planning on studying Physics at university. I know Physics is embedded with mechanics, especially at university but nothing worth doing comes easy. :rolleyes:

Wbu? What course are you applying for at university? :smile:

Do you study Further Maths?

I'm planning to study Economics at uni :smile:
Original post by PinkElephant16
for AS I did S1 which isn't as hard as people think- ended up getting 84- not bad
Doing S2 for A2 :smile:
yeah I've heard M1 is harder!

Nice congrats on 84% on S1 although if you score less than 95% your considered a failure by TSR standard :biggrin:.
I only got 70% on S1, misread some questions but ow-well. How do you find S2? Is it more enjoyable and easier than S1?

I find core modules to push my grades up and applied modules do the opposite. Wbu?
(edited 9 years ago)
Do you study Further Maths?

I'm planning to study Economics at uni :smile:

I don't study Further maths although I'm planning on learning FP1 and parts of M2
during the summer. I honestly don't know why people call holidays in sixth-form/University holidays as we are expected to work considerable hours solidifying knowledge learnt and extending ourselves further.

Do you study Further maths?
I don't study Further maths although I'm planning on learning FP1 and parts of M2
during the summer. I honestly don't know why people call holidays in sixth-form/University holidays as we are expected to work considerable hours solidifying knowledge learnt and extending ourselves further.

Do you study Further maths?

Yh it sucks that we have to work during the holidays. But hey, what can you do, it's life.

Yes I study Further Maths :smile:
Yh it sucks that we have to work during the holidays. But hey, what can you do, it's life.

Yes I study Further Maths :smile:

What modules do you study?
Nice congrats on 84% on S1 although if you score less than 95% your considered a failure by TSR standard :biggrin:.
I only got 70% on S1, misread some questions but ow-well. How do you find S2? Is it more enjoyable and easier than S1?

I find core modules to push my grades up and applied modules do the opposite. Wbu?

LOOOL
I'm weird, I did really well in C1 (98) and messed up C2 (80)
S2 is not too bad, but finding C3 trig quite challenging

please let me know if you find any revision resources for Core :smile:

Latest

Trending

Trending