The Student Room Group

Depressed help i am 21 with £40,000 but i need help??

I am really spolited I can get anything I want from my parents I get an allowance and I saved £40k but here's the problem I cant motivate my self to find a job. I feel depressed in the morning my parents work hard and I want to help them I am also getting 2 houses worth £800k from them and I went Las Vegas this summer and I took my credit card and gambled £2500 but I transfered it using a balance transfer to an interest free card for 18months so only paying minimal payments until 16 months and then clear it this will build my credit rating and also make me not gamble again. My parents have given me 2 houses and money in the bank as well as other savings account .But i lack confidence to get a job i think because of my aunty i had loads of dreams but she used to call me names like idiot for no reason i think because she doesn't own a house and lives on leasehold. All my mates say my family made a platform for me and that i should be confident and if i get a job i be sorted they will think i am crazy if i tell them this but i been to high school got my gcse and alevels and done 2 years at university. All i want to do is gamble with my mates i read on the internet that you arelike your mates so if you want to be successful you need to be around successful people. I just given up i think if i homeless pr have no food so what i want everyone else to do better then me i don't have the moviations in my brain. iIf you where in my situation with getting 2 houses and money in bank how confident would you be and how would you feel and would it be a good platform. Also i did go 2job centre but the women was rude and swear so find it a scary experience sorry if it don't make sense of my phone thanks.
Reply 1
Sorry it came up as a block I did put paragraphs on my phone sorry
I recommend you give it to me.
Reply 3
Gambled again lost £250 Tottenham couldn't score.
Original post by SmallTownGirl
I recommend you give it to me.

You went from Physics to Sociology. Why?
Reply 5
Need help any advice
Original post by mojolacker
Need help any advice

Can I have some please?
Reply 7
I would share but lost some money gambling on Tottenham and no lokern couldn't even score lost £500 in total but did win £300 of this website so only down £200. I am going to use this as motivation to get a job losing £2700 will motivate me. I have seen some medical trials shall I signup to recover the money
I saved £40k but here's the problem I cant motivate my self to find a job. I feel depressed in the morning my parents work hard and I want to help them I am also getting 2 houses worth £800k from them

lol how empty must your life be to make up this stuff on the internet
Reply 9
Its the truth u hater I am so shame . I promise this is the case I go no reason to lie about this its a forum for money advice hence my need for advice.
Its the truth u hater I am so shame . I promise this is the case I go no reason to lie about this its a forum for money advice hence my need for advice.

'I am so shame'

'much grammar'
'such wow'
Reply 11
You could spend some money on English lessons, and get some counselling (for both the depression and the gambling addiction)

Or you could stop trolling. Either or.
1/10.

Better luck next time.
I am really spolited I can get anything I want from my parents I get an allowance and I saved £40k but here's the problem I cant motivate my self to find a job. I feel depressed in the morning my parents work hard and I want to help them I am also getting 2 houses worth £800k from them and I went Las Vegas this summer and I took my credit card and gambled £2500 but I transfered it using a balance transfer to an interest free card for 18months so only paying minimal payments until 16 months and then clear it this will build my credit rating and also make me not gamble again. My parents have given me 2 houses and money in the bank as well as other savings account .But i lack confidence to get a job i think because of my aunty i had loads of dreams but she used to call me names like idiot for no reason i think because she doesn't own a house and lives on leasehold. All my mates say my family made a platform for me and that i should be confident and if i get a job i be sorted they will think i am crazy if i tell them this but i been to high school got my gcse and alevels and done 2 years at university. All i want to do is gamble with my mates i read on the internet that you arelike your mates so if you want to be successful you need to be around successful people. I just given up i think if i homeless pr have no food so what i want everyone else to do better then me i don't have the moviations in my brain. iIf you where in my situation with getting 2 houses and money in bank how confident would you be and how would you feel and would it be a good platform. Also i did go 2job centre but the women was rude and swear so find it a scary experience sorry if it don't make sense of my phone thanks.

im also depressed ,could you give the 40k to me ,it would brighten my mood a little?
Take 5-HTP (start with 100 mg a day, then later increase). It'll help with mood and motivation by increasing the production of Serotonin in the brain. If the depression is severe however, you'll need to ask your doctor for anti-depressants such as Prozac, as in that case the problem is more with the receptors than the amount of Serotonin per se.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Solgar-Noxidrim-5-HTP-Vegetable-Capsules/dp/B000Z94138/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1418049255&sr=8-1&keywords=5-HTP+solgar

You can also try L-Tyrosine, which is meant to increase Dopamine levels in the brain, though there isn't enough research done on this.

The supplement L-Theanine (found in green tea) can help with relaxation and concentration. It increases alpha waves in the brain.

Its always good to take a Vitamin B Complex too.
(edited 9 years ago)
Here's a serious reply mate. If you have all that money and you don't want to get a job for the sake of money. Get a job that would be beneficial for your life. Like me, I'm not rich but I don't plan on getting a job for the money. I'm getting it for the knowledge. I'm going to take up Dietetics on 2015 because there are many health problems nowadays and my friends are diabetics. Plus I'm a young gym rat hahaha, it will really help to have knowledge on building muscle! There are many ingredients in food that have big words that I don't understand. They could be good, could be dangerous. Also, being a dietitian will be a good help for my future family (I know you're out there girlfriend!!!) hahha

In short, find a job not for the money. But for the knowledge and for the future.

:biggrin:

Hope that helps

BTW don't take happy pills and stuff. Trust me, they have side effects. You'll feel even worse. I would recommend....making a free hugs sign and go around school with a few friends. Pillow fight random people with your friends. Kiss, me I'm Irish(even if you're not) sign with your friends. There are many things to do.
(edited 9 years ago)
The woman in the Jobcentre shouldn't have been rude (if she was complain) but they are not really going to be able to help you - presumably you haven't worked enough in the last 2 years to get any help and you have savings which would go against you.
search for a job online instead of the job centre
Man u got it good all u need is a house that's all wbag matters and a job not necessarily a job I dont have a job but I think it's what makes me depressed I dont exercise but that is meant to help keep your self busy I wouldn't gamble if I was u I lost all my money 15 k **** losing 800 k man u got 2 houses slowly invest your money into real estate bricks and water is the way forward get a girlfriend have a kid maybe it's the best and most wonderful thing ever but I still gambled with having a good girlfriend and son and one on the way the place takes over you them places are sickening u got money there real estate is the only way **** gambling no one in my family has ever owned there own house I was makeing nice money but I ****ed it all up due to gambling I thought I was gunna be the first I'm 21 with nothing now lifes hard so in your position just roll with it I'm never been on holiday just enjoy it find things to do .ps lol if u wanna send me some money only joking I'm not a beg just try enjoy your self gambling will make u worse after

Original post by CatnipGlows
'I am so shame'

'much grammar'
'such wow'