The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Big ****ing deal, an actor who at best could be described as below average is marrying a woman...
Original post by mojojojo101
Big ****ing deal, an actor who at best could be described as below average is marrying a woman...

nah tbf he is a boss in Sherlock and he was alright in Star Trek too
bump.
Original post by mojojojo101

Well. He's tipped for an Oscar this year- for his Alan Turing- but, he was quite clunky with the accent and the young version of his character out-staged-him. He was pretty good in one of his first productions- Hawking- considering he was in his twenties.
He is arguably one of the best Sherlock's (and there's almost thousand of them). He's overrated surely, but not as talented as people claim. Freeman (his frequent co-act, out stages him constantly)
Original post by sherlockfan
bump.

What's with the bumps? Are you forcibly trying to resurface the post?
Original post by Citipati
Well. He's tipped for an Oscar this year- for his Alan Turing- but, he was quite clunky with the accent and the young version of his character out-staged-him. He was pretty good in one of his first productions- Hawking- considering he was in his twenties.
He is arguably one of the best Sherlock's (and there's almost thousand of them). He's overrated surely, but not as talented as people claim. Freeman (his frequent co-act, out stages him constantly)

I thought you were a fan.
Theres no way that Freeman outstages him in Sherlock, come on.
I thought you were a fan.
Theres no way that Freeman outstages him in Sherlock, come on.

I am a fan of 1890's novel by Conan Doyle and its following adaptations. I don't care about Cumberbatch (actually, I want him to be replaced by another actor- so that Sherlock season will appear annually, not in triples of years). He's doing his job (reading lines) really well, but his overrated popularity is gnawing on me. He's not that talented. When you look at Freeman, I always see different sent of accents, gestures, trained seriousness, dedication, research of character (especially in paradoxical Fargo); while Ben always offer same expressions, limited spectrum of characters displayed, and takes his job lightly, more with humour than profession.
I am a fan of 1890's novel by Conan Doyle and its following adaptations. I don't care about Cumberbatch (actually, I want him to be replaced by another actor- so that Sherlock season will appear annually, not in triples of years). He's doing his job (reading lines) really well, but his overrated popularity is gnawing on me. He's not that talented. When you look at Freeman, I always see different sent of accents, gestures, trained seriousness, dedication, research of character (especially in paradoxical Fargo); while Ben always offer same expressions, limited spectrum of characters displayed, and takes his job lightly, more with humour than profession.

He has a lot of followers, if they replace him the series will lose its audience. It would be the worst thing that could happen to the series. True he may be overexposing himself lately and that's why you're fed up of him but i suppose that's part of the deal of being in hollywood.
Can't believe youre saying that he only reads his lines. He's one of the most talented actors in his generation and has played so many different, varied parts.
takes his job lightly? all his co workers say that he works so hard to make sure every single scene is perfect. he probably hasnt had a day off in years. if anything he's overworking himself with so many projects and not even because he needs the money, but because he loves his job, which is obvious to anyone who knows him.
(edited 9 years ago)
He has a lot of followers, if they replace him the series will lose its audience. It would be the worst thing that could happen to the series. True he may be overexposing himself lately and that's why you're fed up of him but i suppose that's part of the deal of being in hollywood.
Can't believe youre saying that he only reads his lines. He's one of the most talented actors in his generation and has played so many different, varied parts.

Greatest tragedy is poorly structured and paced plots by Mark Gatiss, and mistakes made by the writing squad.
Cumberbatch always plays same roles- mentally challenged/intellectually superior/aristocratic savant. I know that people would be angry if he is removed- but hell- I came here for intellectual puzzles and laugh not pretty face. I want to see where the story is going, and one actor is halting everything.
Greatest tragedy is poorly structured and paced plots by Mark Gatiss, and mistakes made by the writing squad.
Cumberbatch always plays same roles- mentally challenged/intellectually superior/aristocratic savant. I know that people would be angry if he is removed- but hell- I came here for intellectual puzzles and laugh not pretty face. I want to see where the story is going, and one actor is halting everything.

series 3 probably wasnt one of the best because they pander too much to the fandom. i dont think Benedict is at fault for some of the faults in the script.
you are sorely mistaken if you think he only plays those roles. check out some of his work, he's done so much stuff that you're not even aware of. Projects such as Wreckers, The Third Star, Stuart: A life Backwards, Fortysomething, I mean i could go on forever here but you can just look it up yourself.
if you think the series is poorly structured and paced by Mark Gatiss, then surely Benedict isnt to blame for that?
See edited post.
(edited 9 years ago)
I don't get the hype,he's not all that.
is he referring to her pregnancy?
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/article-2865182/Benedict-Cumberbatch-gushes-engagement-Sophie-Hunter.html

it doesn't seem right otherwise to say he's "had the most important news" of his engagement.
did he not know he was getting engaged when he asked her?
(edited 9 years ago)
bump.
well if i can't be his wife can i at least be Reese Witherspoon?

[video="youtube;ib0U26pkliM"]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ib0U26pkliM&list=PL4CGYN soW2iBHgwD63pqr_YUQ6X14Y7oR[/video]
what would you suggest?

I would suggest that you completely turn away from all of this. Don't look him/ her/ them up online/ in papers at all. If you see an article on him/ them ignore it. Otherwise you'll just continue this cycle.
Fairly certain you said you weren't gonna comment on this story anymore nor come back to the forum.

And yet here you are again, making the same thread again.
Original post by TheWaffle
I would suggest that you completely turn away from all of this. Don't look him/ her/ them up online/ in papers at all. If you see an article on him/ them ignore it. Otherwise you'll just continue this cycle.

lol i dont believe in the "out of sight, out of mind" phrase, it's not true. on days that i havent looked up his name im still thinking about it, though mostly i'm too absorbed in my own suffering and wishing i was dead to have any intense feelings of jealousy or heartbreak. but it still gets to me. it any given point during the day i wonder what he's doing, the way some people do when theyre in love.
there is nothing sadder than loving someone you cant have.
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by MrDystopia
Fairly certain you said you weren't gonna comment on this story anymore nor come back to the forum.

And yet here you are again, making the same thread again.

if you dont like the topic, then dont look :dontknow:

Latest

Trending

Trending