The Student Room Group

Veterinary Medicine 2015 hopefuls!

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Little Tail Chaser
Edinburgh have. Not sure about Liverpool but as some people have passed to 'stage 2' I would assume so.

Last year liverpool and bristol appeared to keep people waiting until the end of March befire sending out rejections. I was rejected by both then. Nottingham rejected me in jan with no interview. .. So for many of us its a long and painful wait... Sorry. But try not to lose hope, people were still getting wex forms and interview invites well into jan during the last round.
Original post by wanttobevet
Last year liverpool and bristol appeared to keep people waiting until the end of March befire sending out rejections. I was rejected by both then. Nottingham rejected me in jan with no interview. .. So for many of us its a long and painful wait... Sorry. But try not to lose hope, people were still getting wex forms and interview invites well into jan during the last round.

Damn, leaving you hanging until March is really harsh :frown: . I've been reading the 2014 thread and apparently Livvy started giving out interviews on the 19th of December, so hopefully they won't make us wait too long this time.
Everyone seems to be getting a Merry Christmas email from Nottingham apart from me... hopefully that isn't a bad sign :s-smilie:
Original post by CanineVet
Everyone seems to be getting a Merry Christmas email from Nottingham apart from me... hopefully that isn't a bad sign :s-smilie:

Definitely not in your Spam/Junk folders?

I'm sure it's fine; that would be a really passive aggressive way for them to tell you how your application is going :tongue:
Definitely not in your Spam/Junk folders?

I'm sure it's fine; that would be a really passive aggressive way for them to tell you how your application is going :tongue:

Hahaha I just looked there after I read that and it was in the junk folder! :colondollar: I've emailed that address before and had replies which never went to junk which is quite weird... Panic over anyway! :tongue:

I was actually getting quite concerned: I mean it's one thing to dislike my application but it's another to hope I have an un-merry Christmas:laugh:
Original post by CanineVet
Hahaha I just looked there after I read that and it was in the junk folder! :colondollar: I've emailed that address before and had replies which never went to junk which is quite weird... Panic over anyway! :tongue:

I was actually getting quite concerned: I mean it's one thing to dislike my application but it's another to hope I have an un-merry Christmas:laugh:

Phew! Crisis averted! :tongue:

Email providers are amazing :rolleyes: . Gmail for example seems to think that correspondence from my universities isn't worth reading... newsletters from TheTrainLine however are urgent.
Original post by jenni87
I've not applied at either of those! :frown: Starting to get nervous now! What have you done before?

I'm in my final year of Bioveterinary science :smile:
Original post by tory_lee_x
Anyone going to Surrey next week (Weds 10th Dec 2014) for an interview? It's only one week now, I'm so nervous!!!

MEEE!!! :smile: My interview is as 10:30, when's yours?

Crap I forgot to share your survey sorry. Will do it when I get home today. If its fine for non UK people to do it then I'll put it on Tumblr too, I have lots of animally followers on there :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Ah it's only for the UK folk i'm afraid, but please put it on tumblr anyway! (if I knew how to integrate myself into the weird world of tumblr, i'd do it myself, but i'm afraid i'd probably get lost and up reading some weird fanfic of something and never find my way out again! :tongue:)
Has anyone had an interview at Cambridge yet?
Original post by Debrawrh
Hey guys,

I recently sent off my UCAS and I'm applying for Veterinary Nursing starting in 2015 at:

Royal Veterinary College
Warwickshire College
Middlesex University
Myerscough College
Hartpury College

Hartpury rejected my Veterinary Nursing application, due to the fact I was doing Applied Science (did not state that on their website...)

I've got an interview for both Middlesex (15th Dec) and Myerscough (12th Jan) Wondering if anyone has their interview soon! I'm so nervous
:dong:

Hey:smile:

I've applied for:

Harper Adams
Nottingham Trent
Edinburgh Napier
RVC
Middlesex

I have an interview for Trent on Tuesday and one for Harper on the 15th! I attended an interview at Middlesex on 25th November and they made me an offer on Thursday:smile: Don't be worried about the interview, the woman was really friendly and helpful! Do you know anything about the process? I'm happy to answer any questions for you!:smile:

Sorry to hear about Hartpury - congratulations on your other two!:biggrin:
Original post by alwaysalex
Has anyone had an interview at Cambridge yet?

Mine is on Monday (eeeeeek), Jesus college.
Whereas current affairs and things should I be reading up on for interview. Apart from a bio us things like tb, ebola, compulsory chipping, vaccinations...?
Original post by Sennokazeni
Mine is on Monday (eeeeeek), Jesus college.

Mine is on Tuesday (Clare)! Goodluck!
Original post by alwaysalex
Mine is on Tuesday (Clare)! Goodluck!

Same to you!
Original post by Spotted_Duck
Finally found someone who was at my interview day! :colondollar: my conditional offer came through yesterday, I couldn't believe it! Have they contacted you yet?

Mine came through on Tuesday too. I'm still a bit in shock I think, and incredibly grateful, the thought of getting an interview never mind an offer seemed so far away a while ago, but now it seems that one way or another we're going to be vets :smile: Good luck to everyone with interviews coming up between now and Christmas.
Original post by Georgie14
Mine came through on Tuesday too. I'm still a bit in shock I think, and incredibly grateful, the thought of getting an interview never mind an offer seemed so far away a while ago, but now it seems that one way or another we're going to be vets :smile: Good luck to everyone with interviews coming up between now and Christmas.

Thanks and the same to you
:santa3:
hi :smile: probably should've joined this thread earlier but hey ho.. I am a student from France and I applied to Edinburgh, Glasgow, Bristol and Nottingham for Vet Med... Still haven't heard anything, it's so stressful! I am worried because I barely have any work experience (less than 6 weeks) due to lack of time (I have school 5 and a half days a week, from 8 to 5:30...) The Unis said that they would take it into consideration, but I am not expecting much to be honest.. Good luck to everyone with interviews and just your application in general! :smile:
Original post by milliepow
hi :smile: probably should've joined this thread earlier but hey ho.. I am a student from France and I applied to Edinburgh, Glasgow, Bristol and Nottingham for Vet Med... Still haven't heard anything, it's so stressful! I am worried because I barely have any work experience (less than 6 weeks) due to lack of time (I have school 5 and a half days a week, from 8 to 5:30...) The Unis said that they would take it into consideration, but I am not expecting much to be honest.. Good luck to everyone with interviews and just your application in general! :smile:

Hey! I'm applying from Switzerland, and with barely 6 weeks of work experience I've got 3 interviews. After reading here on the student room about how much work experience some people had, I really started freaking out and was sure I wouldnt even be considered by a lot of the unis, but I think it's so true when the vet schools say that as long as you've got the minimum, it's really about what you've learnt from it. Good luck!

Have you also applied in France? I've heard that its very VERY difficult to get in for vet med in France.
Reply 4278
Original post by milliehp
Anyone else have an interview at Bristol on the 14th of Jan? everyone seems to be on a different day :frown:

Mines on the 14th! Maybe see you there :smile:
Hi,
I've got an interview at Surrey on Wednesday!!!! I'm really nervous! Anyone else in the same boat?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending