The Student Room Group
Original post by aaronspiers
All 5 of my university choices are for Liberal Arts, although this is called Combined Honours in Arts at Durham. Is anyone else applying for these courses? There don't seem to be any on the "stalking" pages and because it's fairly obscure it's often not listen on different formats.
Also, my choices are;
King's
Birmingham
Bristol
Royal Holloway
Durham

Im applying for liberal arts at kings and exeter,(just got a rejection from bristol) then history of art at st andrews and ucl :smile:

have you heard back from any of your choices yet??
Reply 2
Original post by myrimyrisauce
Im applying for liberal arts at kings and exeter,(just got a rejection from bristol) then history of art at st andrews and ucl :smile:

have you heard back from any of your choices yet??

Oh, awesome! I want to take History of Art units within my degree. I haven't actually sent off my UCAS yet because I'm finishing up my statement and such. Let me know when you hear from yours!
Reply 3
I'm applying to study Liberal Arts :smile: I haven't sent off my application yet, I'm still trying to decide on my final choices. I'm definitely going to apply to Bristol and King's College, and I'm considering Exeter and maybe Royal Holloway.
Applied for LA at Exeter and Kings (AAA offers for both eee) and combined honours in arts at Durham!! (Who knows when Durham will ever reply back though)

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by emily997
Applied for LA at Exeter and Kings (AAA offers for both eee) and combined honours in arts at Durham!! (Who knows when Durham will ever reply back though)

Posted from TSR Mobile

congrats!!! how long did kings take to reply with your offer? i sent mine like over a month ago and still nothing :frown::frown:
congrats!!! how long did kings take to reply with your offer? i sent mine like over a month ago and still nothing :frown::frown:

Applied on the 29th Oct and got it on 27th Nov, so about a month too! I'm sure it will come through soon. Have you got any other offers?
Original post by emily997
Applied on the 29th Oct and got it on 27th Nov, so about a month too! I'm sure it will come through soon. Have you got any other offers?

hopefully!! got an offer for LA at exeter and offer for history of art at UCL :smile:
I also have all my uni choices in liberal arts : Birmingham, Exeter, Kent , Essex and Winchester. I have received 4 conditional offers by now , except from Exeter and I am really excited,good luck everyone^^
Reply 9
I've had 2 rejections, from Birmingham and Bristol, and I haven't heard back from King's, Exeter or Durham. Although I got AAAB in my first year of college my GCSE's and great and include BTEC's and a Diploma in Uniformed Services, so I think that's not what the prestigious universities are looking for, unfortunately. If I get rejections from the other 3 too, which sadly is entirely likely, then I'll do Royal Holloway, Surrey and Kent and if I don't get into though I'll apply for History with History of Art somewhere else.
hopefully!! Got an offer for la at exeter and offer for history of art at ucl :smile:

could i see ur history of art personal statement?? Xxx
Anyone who is doing Liberal Arts at Kings, I just had a quick question. Could you please tell me about the general assessment methods? Are there generally more examinations than coursework or more coursework than exams?

Thank you