The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

I'm predicting another Broncos v Seahawks Super bowl with the Broncos set to gain revenge.
Original post by Hulkamaniac
I'm predicting another Broncos v Seahawks Super bowl with the Broncos set to gain revenge.

The Broncos are not built to defeat the Seahawks. It would be closer, hopefully, but I just don't see it. The Seahawks are tough. I'd take a Broncos-Packers rematch any day, however. I think the Broncos have a better defense than the Packers, and CJ could gash them on the ground. Green Bay have a good secondary, but they can't cover all of the Broncos' weapons, and I'd think Denver's o-line would stack up better against their pass rush.

Mind you as it stands, the Seahawks have to go into the Georgia dome. That will be interesting.
Original post by jammy4041
I think he might be playing me. Worst time for Peyton to go cold. Julio had a career day...but I'm on the verge on cutting the lesser Brandon Marshall. 4 points? Pathetic. Witten might have a long time on the bench as well...Ugh.

You'd be right. I'm a flex away from a shot at the title right now I think.
I've calmed down from the game earlier and now i think about its not as bad as I first thought. Holding Packers to 26 at Lambeau is pretty decent. Not to mention it could have been less had it not been for that cock up by McCourty. Also we got no pressure on Rodgers which shows we really need Chandler Jones. Coverage at times was spectacular, not to mention the ****ing Hochuli swallowed his whistle everytime for the packers apart from that Edelman flag which was admittedly soft as hell.

I mean **** the dude even called 12 men on the field when there was 11. How the hell did the officiating crew screw that up. Hopefully they stay far away from the playoffs, his crew are utter garbage.

CJ Anderson though how about him.
I love how much contempt you have for Ed Hochuli, it's hilarious. I didn't watch the game but the Pack look very good at home, I think if you were to get them in Foxborough the story would be the other way around.

I'm still basking in the Jags win, it's made today vastly better than a normal 5 AM Monday start.
Original post by Wattsy
I love how much contempt you have for Ed Hochuli, it's hilarious. I didn't watch the game but the Pack look very good at home, I think if you were to get them in Foxborough the story would be the other way around.

I'm still basking in the Jags win, it's made today vastly better than a normal 5 AM Monday start.

Dudes a joke, should have watched the game man. Packers were good but they had some very dubious calls. 74 or 75 was holding all game long. Hochuli is an awful ref and so are his crew. If anything the two new ones this year actually have been pretty good.

That imaginary 12 men on the field though should penalize his crew big time.

Glad the Jags won especially at the expense of Eli :lol:

Also Fitzpatrick threw 6 TD's ? :rofl:
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by Malevolent
Dudes a joke, should have watched the game man. Packers were good but they had some very dubious calls. 74 or 75 was holding all game long. Hochuli is an awful ref and so are his crew. If anything the two new ones this year actually have been pretty good.

That imaginary 12 men on the field though should penalize his crew big time.

Glad the Jags won especially at the expense of Eli :lol:

Also Fitzpatrick threw 6 TD's ? :rofl:

I might have a browse of the highlights and I always get Gamepass once the season is over so I'll have a proper look then (and also review all of the Jags wins). At least he won't be a playoff ref for you given the Pats are going to be there.

The many faces of Eli, did you see that CBS Pre-game show where they played that game?

Equally hilarious on Fitzy, I think the Jags will split the Texans but not if he manages to do that again. The Texans need a franchise QB and maybe a real #1 WR and I think they can challenge the Colts for the division. JJ Watt has 5 TDs equal to Megatron for crying out loud, I want him to win MVP; he's been immense!
(edited 9 years ago)
The 12 men call got corrected and didn't affect the game in the least.

In real time I thought Clinton-Dix should have been flagged for PI on Gronk at the end but the replay probably showed it to be a great non-call.

Didn't watch the full game so can't comment on holding.
Clete Blakeman is one of the worst in the league. His crew are last in the league in penalties per game, and well...he was the ref for the Carolina vs New England game last year. Bill Vinovich is hated in Denver for his bad calls in the Ravens-Broncos division round game. I hate ripping on the refs, but they have to be accountable. Also, as good as Bill Leavy is, his crew have to see that 12 man on the field quicker. It shouldn't have to take Marvin Lewis to throw his challenge flag to get that penalty.
Clete Blakeman is one of the worst in the league. His crew are last in the league in penalties per game, and well...he was the ref for the Carolina vs New England game last year. Bill Vinovich is hated in Denver for his bad calls in the Ravens-Broncos division round game. I hate ripping on the refs, but they have to be accountable. Also, as good as Bill Leavy is, his crew have to see that 12 man on the field quicker. It shouldn't have to take Marvin Lewis to throw his challenge flag to get that penalty.

Blandino commented that mechanically they can't blow it dead until the offense is set.
Original post by SmashConcept
Blandino commented that mechanically they can't blow it dead until the offense is set.

Tampa already got one play in. They were set! Heck, Tampa then had the same package on the field for the next play.
Tampa already got one play in. They were set! Heck, Tampa then had the same package on the field for the next play.

Sorry my mistake, but they weren't set for the next play. Blandino said that the replay official would have stopped the game once they were set, but that the crew on the field should have seen it in real time. The video is here. http://www.nfl.com/videos/nfl-am/0ap3000000437300/Blandino-on-Buccaneers-ending-Manziel-fumble
Johnny hekker just got paid big time :adore:
Johnny hekker just got paid big time :adore:

For 6 years as well! Seems stupid, you never know what's gonna happen in two or three years?!
Original post by cant_think_of_name
For 6 years as well! Seems stupid, you never know what's gonna happen in two or three years?!

Does seem obscenely high but he is a pretty awesome punter.

But I want that alabama punter haha
Realistically even though it seems high $3M per year with $1.5M per year guaranteed is pocket money as far as the salary cap is concerned.
Does seem obscenely high but he is a pretty awesome punter.

But I want that alabama punter haha

Hekk will be one of the all-time great punters (do they even exist?)

He's still young as well so I'm glad we've locked him down.
Original post by Wattsy
Realistically even though it seems high $3M per year with $1.5M per year guaranteed is pocket money as far as the salary cap is concerned.

At least the lesser Colquitt isn't the highest paid punter anymore. At the very least, another punter needs to be brought in to light a fire under his behind. Pat McAfee deserves to be paid as well...he's the best punter in the league.
Original post by Scott129
Hekk will be one of the all-time great punters (do they even exist?)

He's still young as well so I'm glad we've locked him down.

Yep. They exist. Ray Guy is in the HoF.

http://www.npr.org/blogs/thetwo-way/2014/08/02/337387894/the-nfls-punters-finally-land-one-in-the-hall-of-fame
Won't happen but I really want FSU to drop out of the top 4. They don't look anywhere near a top 4 team.

Ohio, Baylor and TCU all look miles better than them.

Come in committee remove the crab stick thief :lol:

Latest