The Student Room Group

Economics applicants 2015

Scroll to see replies

Original post by doublecc123
What are your predicted grades if you don't mind me asking?

AAA
Original post by Flather
AAA

Wow you are really brave enough to apply to Durham(despite them wanting A*AA).Hope you get the offer :biggrin:
Original post by Skill Twix
Wow you are really brave enough to apply to Durham(despite them wanting A*AA).Hope you get the offer :biggrin:

It was my absolute favorite, probably could have got an A* predict in maths but I don't expect to get it. Probably would take an apprenticeship at KPMG above an offer from Durham anyway.

If I get rejected and get A*AA I can always use adjustment to try and get in or somewhere like Warwick. I got 4A at AS as well so i figured I am entitled to apply.

Just going to see what happens with Durham, KPMG and my A levels over the next few months. If I could apply again I would not choose the same 5 unis but I still would have Durham. Not a lot I can do now but work hard.
Original post by Flather
It was my absolute favorite, probably could have got an A* predict in maths but I don't expect to get it. Probably would take an apprenticeship at KPMG above an offer from Durham anyway.

If I get rejected and get A*AA I can always use adjustment to try and get in or somewhere like Warwick. I got 4A at AS as well so i figured I am entitled to apply.

Just going to see what happens with Durham, KPMG and my A levels over the next few months. If I could apply again I would not choose the same 5 unis but I still would have Durham. Not a lot I can do now but work hard.

Good luck.
You can do it!
Has anyone received any offers from where I've applied : Warwick, QMUL, Nottingham, Leeds, Manchester

If you what grades did they offer you?
I have an offer from Nottingham
A*AA

Good luck :smile:
Original post by sarah.97
Has anyone received any offers from where I've applied : Warwick, QMUL, Nottingham, Leeds, Manchester

Yes Nottingham offered me A*AA or an alternative offer of A*ABB
Original post by sarah.97

I have offers from Nottingham (A*AA) and Leeds (AAA)

Posted from TSR Mobile
cacking it for my interview on monday
Original post by maple321
Hi, I was wondering about the offers.
If i got an offer from bristol for bsc economics and finance for aaa
Is it possible to get accepted with a*ab instead?

Thankyou! :smile:

Yes
Original post by EHZ17
My ability to read economics articles is slowly grinding to a halt this evening. So tired. Anyone read this weeks economist already?

Posted from TSR Mobile

I haven't been able to read any economists since last year and I've put it on my PS which is going to be great if they bring it up in my interview on Monday
Original post by jchap9776
cacking it for my interview on monday

Where's the interview?
Original post by BeccaBrowning
Where's the interview?

jesus
Is it true that for international applicants the Nottingham offer is AAA?
Original post by BeccaBrowning
I haven't been able to read any economists since last year and I've put it on my PS which is going to be great if they bring it up in my interview on Monday

How come you haven't been able to?
Reply 1936
What should I be looking to revise for an Oxford interview?

Will there be much maths? And is there any point in going over and A2 stuff e.g. Market Structures/Trade Zones etc...? Also any tips on revising Management?
Got an Economics offer from Queen Mary AAA :smile:
Original post by ndhala
What should I be looking to revise for an Oxford interview?

Will there be much maths? And is there any point in going over and A2 stuff e.g. Market Structures/Trade Zones etc...? Also any tips on revising Management?

Hi I actually spoke to someone who does econ+management at oxford (even though I've applied to camb) and he said that differentiation is a popular maths topic and maybe some game theory, also make sure you know your ps inside out as the tutors will expect you to be able to answer any questions on that as you've written about it :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 1939
Original post by NinjaPandaa
Hi I actually spoke to someone who does econ+management at oxford (even though I've applied to camb) and he said that differentiation is a popular maths topic and maybe some game theory, also make sure you know your ps inside out as the tutors will expect you to be able to answer any questions on that as you've written about it :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Cheers

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending