The Student Room Group

Civil service fast stream 2014/2015

Scroll to see replies

Guys for the one-to-one interview, are you just asked questions on competencies or are you asked anything else?
Hi,

I have read from the forum, as well as various other sources online, that there are orientation/familiarisation days for those accepted onto the assessment centres.

I got invited to the assessment centre (about a month ago) and it is being held on the 7th of January. However, I haven't received anything regarding a familiarisation day. Since the date of my assessment centre is a month away, it doesn't look like I will be getting an orientation. Does anyone know if it is limited to certain streams (mine was the Generalist) or is there some other method of selection?
Original post by JeremyFisher
Hi,

I have read from the forum, as well as various other sources online, that there are orientation/familiarisation days for those accepted onto the assessment centres.

I got invited to the assessment centre (about a month ago) and it is being held on the 7th of January. However, I haven't received anything regarding a familiarisation day. Since the date of my assessment centre is a month away, it doesn't look like I will be getting an orientation. Does anyone know if it is limited to certain streams (mine was the Generalist) or is there some other method of selection?

It only applies to those who are disabled.
Reply 1283
Question: I just had my assessment day and it still states awaiting event. The thing is below that it now has a postings FQA abd when I open it, it states well done on your success at the FSAC- this page appeared a few hours I finished my assessment day so that is rather quick - does anyone know what this means? Anyone has the same thing?
Does anyone know how long after the FSAC we will hear from them?
Original post by madl24903
Guys for the one-to-one interview, are you just asked questions on competencies or are you asked anything else?

Hi, I've attended a FSAC last year and this year. Both years they asked "Could you tell me a little bit about yourself?" and last year but not this year they asked me my motivation for applying to the scheme. The main focus is definitely competencies though.

Original post by svetlanasisi
Does anyone know how long after the FSAC we will hear from them?

Hi, I heard four days after my AC this year and think some people on hear have heard 3 days after theirs as well. I emailed parity 4 days after my AC and they said that if I hadn't heard in a couple of days (so 6 working days after AC) then I wouldn't hear until end of December/January.
Original post by LucyJane
Hi, I've attended a FSAC last year and this year. Both years they asked "Could you tell me a little bit about yourself?" and last year but not this year they asked me my motivation for applying to the scheme. The main focus is definitely competencies though.

Hi, I heard four days after my AC this year and think some people on hear have heard 3 days after theirs as well. I emailed parity 4 days after my AC and they said that if I hadn't heard in a couple of days (so 6 working days after AC) then I wouldn't hear until end of December/January.

Many thanks for this and good luck to all
Reply 1287
Has anyone who had their assessment day on the 04.12.2014 heard back yet?
Original post by 4488
Has anyone who had their assessment day on the 04.12.2014 heard back yet?

Original post by 4488
Question: I just had my assessment day and it still states awaiting event. The thing is below that it now has a postings FQA abd when I open it, it states well done on your success at the FSAC- this page appeared a few hours I finished my assessment day so that is rather quick - does anyone know what this means? Anyone has the same thing?

Nope, haven't heard anything. The status is "Awaiting Event" :frown:. Where exactly do you see the postings FQA? Just below the Awaiting Event?
(edited 9 years ago)
Reply 1289
Quick question: Is the civil service reimbursing traveling expenses for people that are invited to the AC?
Reply 1290
Yes right below and it now has a Postings tab in which below that it has the pre employment checks which has always been there.

I guess we should look forward to it stating 'awaiting results' before (hopefully) 'successful!!!'- baby steps. how do u thing u did?

Thank you for that insight :smile:. Did they ask you all the core competencies or just the ones in the FSAC guide?
Original post by 4488
Yes right below and it now has a Postings tab in which below that it has the pre employment checks which has always been there.

I guess we should look forward to it stating 'awaiting results' before (hopefully) 'successful!!!'- baby steps. how do u thing u did?

I'm not quite sure what you're referring to? I sat my AC on the 2nd but still don't see anything other than 'awaiting event'. Anyone else attend on th same date and heared back? 😓
Hi,

I've been invited to FSAC for HR on February 23rd, anyone else on this date?

I'm pleased and anxious to begin preparing. I thought I had done disastrously on the e-tray exercise! I understand that the written part of this is assessed at the FSAC, can anyone confirm if this is done sat with an assessor where you have to explain your answers or otherwise.

Good luck to all those attending, and I hope those who are yet to hear about FSAC get a positive result.
Original post by stevibobs
Hi,

I've been invited to FSAC for HR on February 23rd, anyone else on this date?

I'm pleased and anxious to begin preparing. I thought I had done disastrously on the e-tray exercise! I understand that the written part of this is assessed at the FSAC, can anyone confirm if this is done sat with an assessor where you have to explain your answers or otherwise.

Good luck to all those attending, and I hope those who are yet to hear about FSAC get a positive result.

You do not do anything further with the e-tray at the FSAC, it is assessed based on the response that you typed up as part of the e-tray.
Original post by Marini
Quick question: Is the civil service reimbursing traveling expenses for people that are invited to the AC?

They do reimburse travel expenses - up to £120 for hotel, dinner and breakfast and then any reasonable travel expenses on top of that (so standard class trains, no taxi's etc.). Make sure you keep all your receipts and if you're getting a tube make sure to click the print receipt button as if your getting a single it eats your ticket which I didn't realise. They deduct £10 off whatever you claim as they expect you to contribute the first £10 of expenses, so if you claim £100 they would only pay you £90.
(edited 9 years ago)
Is anyone here attending the FSAC tomorrow?

Also, does anyone know the likelihood of finishing before the stated time (around 17:30) ?
Original post by rs2210

Also, does anyone know the likelihood of finishing before the stated time (around 17:30) ?

We finished at around 1630 when I attended earlier this week. I think it is differs depending on your timetable though, there were some who finished slightly earlier than myself, and others later.
Original post by rs2210

Good Luck with your FSAC.

You do not do anything further with the e-tray at the FSAC, it is assessed based on the response that you typed up as part of the e-tray.

Thanks LucyJane, I appreciate your reply.
Reply 1299
Original post by rs2210

I was one of the last ones to finish due to a rather long interview and I was donr by 17:10 so pretty sure you will be done by approx 17:00.

Good Luck :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending